Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 13, 2006
North
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Bruce, Rivers, Grimesy
The first two to go.

Have served the club well over the years, in particular this year when we were desperately short on players to step up, these two both did that.

Congrats on your careers fellas and best of luck for the future :thumbsu:

Thanks to both of them, Colin should have a look at Nathan Brown and the way he goes about himself. Hopefully will we see Brown back at the club soon in any type of role. As for Clint, he served the club well, and was an fair re-placement for Brent Grigic and he should have won the B&F that year

brown was probably my favourite player this year, just loved the way he went about it all year despite most likely knowing it would be his last

as for biz he could have been a really good player unfortunately he kept getting bloody injured

This makes it even more of an insult if people come to cheer us on to lose on Sunday. Show up to pay tribute to two great players or **** off and sit at home.
With it breaking out in the bullring against the pies, and then Essendon and/or Richmond fans having a go last week, someone could bring up the trifecta for fighting in the MCC. I can see it, someone says 'stop playing so well Doggy Brown we're trying to lose, hurry up and retire' and then another bloke goes 'take that crap out of hear mate, we dont need losers like u' and then its on!

Obviously told that they were no longer required next year?

Bizzel was fantastic in his first couple of years at the club. I'll never forget that screamer he took over goodes. He played on the big CHF's and he's a small fella at 189cm.

Browny should have got AA honours in 2004 was absolutely brilliant in one game against the kanga with 38 possies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh my...Quite a can of worms we have opened up here...

Who is the greater lovechild?

Juice or Judd?

JUICE JUICE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!

However I'd want Juice to inherit the old number 9 jumper after Neita bids farewell. In honour of the massive hanger he took and used Neita as the launching platform.

JUICE JUICE JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!

However I'd want Juice to inherit the old number 9 jumper after Neita bids farewell. In honour of the massive hanger he took and used Neita as the launching platform.

..Maybe he should get the number 0. There is simply no number worthy to grace his back in my opinion.

Nah seriously, 9 or 3. Both legends of the club and Juice would look very comfortable running around in either one I'd think. I don't believe in any of this 'retiring numbers' bullshit. Except for young Broady, bless his soul

It'll be sad to see the two go. As bringbackschwarta said, I hope Doggy sticks around the club. He's the right sort of guy to take on a mentoring role with some youngsters.

Just on what number Juice will get. It'd feel weird seeing #9 running around on someone elses back, much like any other great player I suppose. Not opposed to see it carried on straight away by Juice, but not totally sold on the idea either. I think it'd be good out of respect to Neita not to give it off for a year or so (that is, when he retires).

Congrats on fine careers to both guys. Great servants of the club and a fine example to all.

Porbably the two blokes out of the potential delistings and retiree's that i most wanted to stay

Gday all. I had a call from Browny yesterday (we are good mates from High School) and he said he had had retired. Pretty sad day for me! Just love watching the Dog play footy and the way he goes about it. Haven't missed a game in 10 years he has been at the club. I used to be a Bombers supporter before that. I remember watching his first game in 1998 and he played that like he played every game he has in his career. Throwing himself into insane positions on blokes boots to smother, backing into packs. He got 6th best in the Herald Sun for the record.

Anyway- for those hoping he will stay around the club in some role he won't be doing that as he is selling his house in Melbourne and moving back to Adelaide to have a year at his previouse club, West Adelaide. After that he is going into the fire brigade. So looks like the Brown Dog is lost to the great city of Melbourne.

He said he has been tossing the idea of retiring around since early in the season when he was in the 2's but really didn't make up his mind until this week. He said his main goal was to get back in the first's and play good footy and he well and truly has done that. He felt that it was the right time to hang up the boots while he was playing good footy. He has also got his life membership with the club for being there 10 years so he is pretty proud of that.

Just for the record he is a bit disappointed that he missed so many games early in his career because of injury but being the "glass half full" fella he is he realises that was out of his control. Probably would have eneded up being a 200 game player if it wasn't for those soft tissue injuruies.

Hate to be a bastard but he mentioned that there was another player retiring as well. I won't betray his trust on this one but will say that there is some major tough nuts exiting the team that are going to be hard to replace.

Congratulations to Brown Dog (and Bizzell). One player who can walk away from AFL knowing that he got every last ounce out of himself. Left nothing in reserve every second that he was on the park. not many can say they have done that.

Just out of respect to Doggy and Biz, could we please keep the Juice discussions out of this thread.

Congratulations on two hard-working, passionate footballers who gave their all for the Melbourne Football Club. Doggy has been around since 1998 I think, but it took him quite a while to establish himself, for a number of reasons. Fortunately, he was able to secure a spot in the team and have some very good years, namely 2004 when he missed out on the B&F by 1 vote (and should've got AA honours). By his own admission, he is a battler. He was underrated by most, including his own fans at times, and I admit that I didn't always rate him. But he proved that he could play, and play well, and his effort can never be questioned. Well done Doggy on a great career and all the best in the future.

Biz joined the club in 2002 from Geelong, where he had played as a forward. But we tried hm down back and he excelled instantly, becoming a fan favourite. Often playing out of his weight division, particularly in 2002-03 when every defender over 190cm seemed to do a knee, he was a very reliable and courageous player. He become one of my favourites, for his ability to back into packs, take crucial marks, put his body on the line, and perform consistantly for the team. Should've won the 2003 B&F (came fourth, which is a joke) and there was a 2-3 year period where he could've walked into any back six in the league. My favourite memory is the triple effort he made in the 2002 Semi Final against Adelaide. Playing with a broken hand, first he smothered a shot on goal, then he chase the ball down the wing, tackled an opponent, then lunged to knock the ball to our advantage. Either Yze or Vardy ended up scoring a goal from the boundary, but it was all because of Biz.

Well done boys, and thanks heaps.

Why is Brown retiring now?

Hi guys,

Little help for a confused non-Melbourne fan. Why would Nathan Brown be retiring now? He's virtually your best player isn't he? Seems strange at only 31 and the height of his powers.

Oh by the way, I saw that Nathan Jones play the other. He's a sensational pickup that guy, looks to have that knack of reading the play and making the right decisions like a Sam Mitchell.

Re: Why is Brown retiring now?

has been in our top players over the last few weeks, but over the last 2 years (I think) hasn't been an automatic selection and played a lot for Sandy, best to go out when he wants rather than spend a year yo yo-ing between the dees and sandy

Re: Why is Brown retiring now?

Little help for a confused non-Melbourne fan. Why would Nathan Brown be retiring now? He's virtually your best player isn't he? Seems strange at only 31 and the height of his powers.
Brown has played well in a team that played shockingly bad in the last little while but to suggest he's Melbourne's best player is frankly laughable. He epitomises the qualities of hard work and courage but he has never been close to Melbourne’s most talented player. The height of his powers was 2004? or so.

Well done to Brown and Bizzell on their careers. Brown got the most out of himself and it’s a credit to him that he’s had a 10 year AFL career.

Bizzell was never the same after his facial injury but he had a great couple of years at the club before that. They both made the right decision to retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown and Bizzell announce retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back