Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal

[quote=AUSSIE GUN;15401381
Interesting that you gave didak the three votes when not one paper gave him votes on the weekend. If umpires are voting on fairest dont think he will figure in the votes on the weekend.

AUSSIE GUN;15401381 Interesting that you gave didak the three votes when not one paper gave him votes on the weekend. If umpires are voting on fairest dont think he will figure in the votes on the weekend.[/QUOTE said:
Papers votes dont always correlate that well to brownlow votes. Brent Harvey had all the paper awards won last year by a landslide and didnt even get that close in the Brownlow

Hey Lads put on a Head to Head multi on for the brownlow along with other things and only have this left:

Giansiracusa vs Rob Murphy

Wells vs Petrie

Cox vs Masten

Is someone able to tell me what they have there certain counts on? I can't quite follow it. Cheers

Swan a certainty.

Murphy an outside chance to beat Judd.

Swan/St.Kilda double will be $2.50 x whatever they now have Swan on, probably about $5-$6 for the double.

Raid the kids piggy banks,

Free cash

save on GF day if you get scared

I think Adam Selwood from West Coast is far from a lock.

Mark Lecras is a very good chance at 5.50 and any other listed player (ie Embley, Hurn, Lynch etc) also an outside chance.

I really believe Tredrea is good value at 4 dollars. Should be on around 9 votes, and see a range of Port Adelaide players voting between 1-7 for the year.

Watson is now a certainty. Winderlich was the main threat but seems his injury will keep him out.

Aaron Davey near certainty. Sylvia would need to get close to BOG in last two games. Cam bruce out for season.

Lock in Goodes.

Hayes worth the punt at 8 dollars for most votes at Saints.

This is my tentative leaderboard after round 20 aswell.

22 - Judd, Ablett
19 - Swan, Montagna
18 - Didak
17 - Brown
16 - Chapman
15 - Black, Murphy
14 - Hayes, Dal Santo
13 - Selwood, Goodes, Watson, Pendlebury
12 - S. Johnson, Riewoldt, Vince
11 - Mitchell, Akermanis, Gibbs
10 - Goddard, Le Cras, Boyd, O'Keefe

Didak is a big factor in the count. Hasn't polled well before, if he doesn't get votes it will open the door wider for Pendles and Swan. Swan should dominate.

Swan $2.75 favourite last week.

35 posessions, generally given either best on or second best on on saturday with Didak from the media and peoples thoughts on here....

and now he is $3.

I can't work that out.

Ablett imo was too far behind anyway, and probably only made up 1 vote at best (quite possibly no ground made). No other big chances had a big week apart from Black, Goodes (can't win imo) and Murphy (real smoky still $100...can really shock IF Swan isn't too far in front AND he gets another 3-5 votes-quite possible).

Swan - Saints double = $7.50 tuck in boys!

The Pies/Tigers game is pretty much a toss up between 6-7 players, I reckon that's why the odds for the Pies players pretty much stayed put with Davis, Didak, Swan and Pendlebury all in contention.

I went to the Pies game I personally though Cloke was BOG, He was taking contested marks, kicked goals, 6 tackles, got a fair bit of the ball through the middle as well. Pendlebury had a relatively quiet 31 possesion game. Ben Johnson is one I think could sneak a vote here, he never got tackled and kicked a nice goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ablett might win it this year. Geelong are playing the Bulldogs and Freo in the last 2 rounds of the season. Not sure how he'll go against the Doggies, but you'd think he'd have a day out against Freo in the last round. Plus, his first half of the season was sensational.

SuperCoach Brownlow - Round 20 Leaderboard. Just in case it may help get an idea of who performs accoriding to Champion Data.

I've only done the Top 10 teams (St.Kilda - Sydney), as I figure the other teams have not won enough games to get enough votes to influence the count.

27. Ablett
24. Montagna
22. Swan
17. Dal Santo
16. Chapman, Goddard
15. Hayes
14. Fevola, Didak, Davis, Mitchell, Goodes
13. O'Keefe, J. Selwood, Riewoldt
11. Judd
10. Drummond, Murphy, Pendlebury, Winderlich, K. Simpson

Others of Note.

9. J. Brown, Sewell
8. Watson
7. S. Thomspon
6. Boyd
4. Vince
2. Black

Haha, Black doesn't look like he does well in Supercoach.
Black is just consistent...never really high and never really low...with the one game here and there each way.

I went to the Pies game I personally though Cloke was BOG, He was taking contested marks, kicked goals, 6 tackles, got a fair bit of the ball through the middle as well. Pendlebury had a relatively quiet 31 possesion game. Ben Johnson is one I think could sneak a vote here, he never got tackled and kicked a nice goal.

Pendlebury did dominate in the 1st quarter when the game was on the line with some clearances and assists so i think he or swan will be getting 2 or the 3 votes

Black is just consistent...never really high and never really low...with the one game here and there each way.
Call me mad, call me a fool but I have come to the conclusion that Black can win this years medal. Runner up the past 2 years and a previous winner, the umps sure lob him votes. Maybe the fairest aspect carries more weight than any of us think ! He is out to a great price as welland the bookies must have watched a different game than me on the weekend. He would have polled for sure and should be single figures. He is a moral to beat JB at Bris.

Call me mad, call me a fool but I have come to the conclusion that Black can win this years medal. Runner up the past 2 years and a previous winner, the umps sure lob him votes. Maybe the fairest aspect carries more weight than any of us think ! He is out to a great price as welland the bookies must have watched a different game than me on the weekend. He would have polled for sure and should be single figures. He is a moral to beat JB at Bris.
I wouldn't complain. It seems that the umpires are the only ones in the past two years to give him recognition...because the AA committee sure haven't. And supporters still don't realise how good he is for us.

Can still get him $4.50 to place, which is such good odds. Goodes at $3.50 as well. Better chance of those two coming off than Swan winning @ 3.00, I reckon

I think that the medal is down to 5 chances and will quinella all options ( which I won on big time last year ). Judd, Black, Selwood, Ablett and Goodes. Id say that the medal may be headed to a previous winner but definately to a previous good poller of votes. I would lay Swan all day long if I was a bookie and am sure that he will be missed in what looks like certain votes games.

I wouldn't complain. It seems that the umpires are the only ones in the past two years to give him recognition...because the AA committee sure haven't. And supporters still don't realise how good he is for us.

Can still get him $4.50 to place, which is such good odds. Goodes at $3.50 as well. Better chance of those two coming off than Swan winning @ 3.00, I reckon
Fully agree on all counts. Swan is the worst sub $3 bet I've ever seen. Heath Shaw is another one whom nobody here has mentioned, who could get the votes on Saturday. Swan could easily have polled 0 votes on the weekend, which has been the case with a number of his games this year where he has been given 2's and 3's by the general consensus.

In saying that, I'm keeping my Swan brownlow/Pies top 4 and Swan brownlow/Pies premiership bets that I took at the start of the year under lock and key.

I think that the medal is down to 5 chances and will quinella all options ( which I won on big time last year ). Judd, Black, Selwood, Ablett and Goodes. Id say that the medal may be headed to a previous winner but definately to a previous good poller of votes. I would lay Swan all day long if I was a bookie and am sure that he will be missed in what looks like certain votes games.
Wouldn't we all love to see a Black/Goodes, One Two. $80 :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back