Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal

Selwood, Corey, Akermanis, Brad Johnson, Boyd and Griffen all did better than Ablett in my opinion.

Results after round 9.

15. Ablett

12. Dal Santo

9. Tredrea, Judd

8: J. Selwood, Pendlebury, Haselby, Hayes, Watson, Montagna

7. Higgins, Chapman, J. Brown, Gilbee, R. Shaw

6. Kerr, Vince, Goddard, N. Riewoldt, Pavlich, Bartel, Ar. Davey, M. Murphy, Winderlich, J. Mcveigh,

5. Gibbs, S. Johnson, Sewell, Boyd, Akermanis

4. Mitchell, Lockyer, Roughead, Johnstone, A. Selwood, Jackson, Ray, Stanton, Lloyd, Power, Brogan, D. Cox, Waite, Swan, Kirk, Sylvia

3. Wiggins, Harding, P. Burgoyne, Didak, C. Bolton, Griffen, Adcock, Dangerfield, Harvey, Ryder, J. Riewoldt, Goodwin, Salopek, Sandilands, Simpson, Cooney, C. Morton, Lecras, Goodes, Bradshaw, Sherman, Koschitzke, Knights, Davis, Hale

2. McLeod, Green, Deledio, Lake, Patfull, Guerra, O’Brien, Chaplin, Corey, Richardson, Ziebell, Mundy, Mooney, Fevola, S. Hill, Monfries, Wells, Bateman, Kelly, S. Tuck, Boak, Pearce, Doughty, Edwards, Black, Lewis, Lovett, C. Jones, Swallow

1. Gilbert, McIntosh, Fisher, Fraser, Jolly, B. Johnson, D. Fletcher, Hurn, Reilly, L. Hansen, Gram, McPhee, Moss, Thompson, Bruce, McKay, J. Bolton, Muston

Round 9 Brownlow votes Running Total:

14: Ablett, Montagna

12: Dal Santo

10: Mitchell

9: Tredrea, Judd, Gibbs, Goddard

8: Bartel, SJohnson, Hayes

7: Chapman, Haselby, Winderlich

6: JBrown, Gilbee, NRiewoldt, Pavlich, JSelwood, Edwards, Davis, Pendlebury

5: Higgins, Lockyer, Goodes, Akermanis, Hale, Swan

etc

No love for Montagna roo2macca?

Round 9 Brownlow votes Running Total:

14: Ablett, Montagna

12: Dal Santo

10: Mitchell

9: Tredrea, Judd, Gibbs, Goddard

8: Bartel, SJohnson, Hayes

7: Chapman, Haselby, Winderlich

6: JBrown, Gilbee, NRiewoldt, Pavlich, JSelwood, Edwards, Davis, Pendlebury

5: Higgins, Lockyer, Goodes, Akermanis, Hale, Swan

etc

No love for Montagna roo2macca?
Double checked all my votes and made a mistake. Should be on 8.

Prior to the start of this round I had:
Mitchell
Judd
Ablett
Steve Johnson
Sewell
Montagna
Hayes
Watson
Chapman
Tredrea
Nick Dal Santo
Goddard
Do you mind highlighting how you had Sewell on 10 before this round as I have backed him but only had him on 4. I'm pretty sure that he may have got votes today.

I was wondering if any of you guys are interested in doing a group count. Where each week we put our votes together and tally them up and then give the 3,2 and 1 to the top 3 overall vote getters for each game. As it would get a better allrounded view of what everyone thinks and npt just your own. Well just thought i would put it out there.

My Leaderboard thus far:

13 - Leigh Montagna

12 - Gary Ablett

11 - Leon Davis, Nick Dal Santo

10 - Chris Judd

9 - Matthew Boyd

8 - Adam Goodes

I was wondering if any of you guys are interested in doing a group count. Where each week we put our votes together and tally them up and then give the 3,2 and 1 to the top 3 overall vote getters for each game. As it would get a better allrounded view of what everyone thinks and npt just your own. Well just thought i would put it out there.
i'd be in on this mate, except that i just try to do votes for games i watch to try to get closest to umpire-like votes. also, because just looking at the stats can be deceptive and not a true reflection of the game.

do people think that colin sylvia could get 3 for melbourne's loss to the hawks. he was extremely good.

also, for people who watched the kangaroos vs fremantle or the saints vs lions game, how do you think it will pan out? found the sydney game pretty tough to pick as well coz it was a such a good team effort, not too many standouts. then again, goodes is always in the mix when he get more than 10 possessions.

for the north game

3. haselby
2. hale
1. firrito/pav

haselby and hale could go either way

for the st kilda game

3. montagna
2. hayes
1. black

but as said in another post i give a estimate of votes rather then excact (3,2,1,1 or 2,2 or 3,maybe 1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers, the_big_sav. yeah i agree with your way of doing the votes too, i think it works well.

would love to hear any opinions on my following value tips

m. murphy - $50

l. hayes - $80

j. watson - $300

would love to hear any opinions on my following value tips

m. murphy - $50

l. hayes - $80

j. watson - $300

Perhaps to place. None of them will win it.

Personally, I have:
Murphy - 3 (could be more)
Hayes - 8 (could be more or less)
Watson - 4 (others rate highly, I think he wouldn't be much more then 4 at this stage).

ive seen a few people doubting ablett's votes, just remember last year whenever he had 30+ possessions he polled, every time.

saw this in a stats thread something like 8 games where he had 30+ possessions and polled every time.

just something to think about.

as of round 9 the major players (i give 3, 2, 1, 2 or 3, 1 or 2 and maybe 1)

montagna 11 to 16
stevie j 12 to 15
gaz 12 to 13
dal santo 11 to 13
haselby 8 to 12
hayes 8 to 10
gibbs 8 to 10
pierce 6 to 10
bartel 5 to 10
tredrea 8 to 9
chapman 7 to 9
mitchell 6 to 9
selwood 5 to 9
goddard 4 to 9
riewoldt 4 to 9
judd 6 to 8
cox 5 to 8

the reason for montagna having such a big gap is he has a lot of 2 or 3/1 or 2 vote games where its hard to tell which way they will go. the problem is hayes, montagna, dal santo, goddard and riewoldt are usually the best 3-4 on the ground so its not soo much taking votes of each other but more the order

i have montagna polling in 7 games, steive j polling in 5 or 6, hayes 3 to 5, ablett in 5, judd in 3 to 5, mitchell in 3 to 5, bartel in 3 to 6, haselby 4 to 5,

more votes for murphy last night:thumbsu:

am very confident he currently has more votes than judd, who some people think is polling very well.

by the way, i backed jobe watson before last weeks game, at 200/1. i watched ess v. tigers and reckon he is a good chance (not a definate) of picking up a couple of votes after his strong second half performance. he featured strongly in lots of the media voting and what happened to his price? it went to 300/1:confused:. i know its a long shot but it does make you wonder how closely the price assessors watch all the games??. Perhaps they are happy to lay anyone bar ablett/judd/mitchell/goodes as so much of their liability is with them...

anyway, massive value out there if you like an outsider imo.

ive seen a few people doubting ablett's votes, just remember last year whenever he had 30+ possessions he polled, every time.

saw this in a stats thread something like 8 games where he had 30+ possessions and polled every time.

just something to think about.

In 2008, Bartel once got 38 possessions and 2 goals. 0 votes for that game. If that's the case then likewise should go for the Bulldogs game. The majority of his possessions were cheapies and there were several other players that stood out more like Aker, Boyd, Corey, Selwood etc. Ablett also took 3 shots and missed when he could have easily centered it and he tried to break a tackle and failed. I doubt he'll be getting even a single.

I got on Montagna @ $67 odds. Very happy with that.

looking very good..
dal santo was a threat to steal the big votes early, could goddard be a threat to stealing the big votes in recent games?

looking very good..
dal santo was a threat to steal the big votes early, could goddard be a threat to stealing the big votes in recent games?

Could well be, along with Hayes. Good thing is the saints are polling so well as they haven't lost a game. Not even at the halfway point yet, anything can still happen.

16. Ablett

12. Dal Santo

11. Judd, Hayes, J. Selwood

10. Montagna

9. Tredrea, M. Murphy

8: Pendlebury, Haselby, Watson

7. Higgins, Chapman, J. Brown, Gilbee, R. Shaw, S. Johnson, Swan, Goddard

6. Kerr, Vince, N. Riewoldt, Pavlich, Bartel, Ar. Davey, Winderlich, J. Mcveigh, Deledio

5. Gibbs, Sewell, Boyd, Akermanis, Goodes

4. Mitchell, Lockyer, Roughead, Johnstone, A. Selwood, Jackson, Ray, Stanton, Lloyd, Power, Brogan, D. Cox, Waite, Kirk, Sylvia, Black, Simpson, Thompson, Doughty, Knights

3. Wiggins, Harding, P. Burgoyne, Didak, C. Bolton, Griffen, Adcock, Dangerfield, Harvey, Ryder, J. Riewoldt, Goodwin, Salopek, Sandilands, Cooney, C. Morton, Lecras, Bradshaw, Sherman, Koschitzke, Davis, Hale, Fevola, Rich, Giansiricusa

2. McLeod, Green, Lake, Patfull, Guerra, O’Brien, Chaplin, Corey, Richardson, Ziebell, Mundy, Mooney, S. Hill, Monfries, Wells, Bateman, Kelly, S. Tuck, Boak, Pearce, Edwards, Lewis, Lovett, C. Jones, Duffield, Dick

1. Gilbert, McIntosh, Fisher, Fraser, Jolly, B. Johnson, D. Fletcher, Hurn, Reilly, L. Hansen, Gram, McPhee, Moss, Thompson, Bruce, McKay, J. Bolton, Muston, Morris, Swallow, Tambling, Cassisi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back