Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

I reckon he'll be into $12 or so now but he probably should be a $6 or $7 chance IMO. I reckon he's now about 1 big game off the lead ( Barlow / Hodge ) and the others all still need to play this round.

Maybe even into $10 or so now, provided the others in betting don't have a big one....I respect your opinion BK, but I don't think Barlow can possibly win, or even be leading. It would be a like a horse winning the Melbourne Cup at its first preparation. After seeing him first hand two weeks back I have to say that he is a very good footballer, and was extremely effective, but he just blended in with the pack - I really can't see the umpires being drawn to him... but that is only my opinion, and we won't know until count night if the umpires do like him. One thing we know for sure is that Judd is loved...and speaking through my pocket now, I hope the love grows even stronger!

Maybe even into $10 or so now, provided the others in betting don't have a big one....I respect your opinion BK, but I don't think Barlow can possibly win, or even be leading. It would be a like a horse winning the Melbourne Cup at its first preparation. After seeing him first hand two weeks back I have to say that he is a very good footballer, and was extremely effective, but he just blended in with the pack - I really can't see the umpires being drawn to him... but that is only my opinion, and we won't know until count night if the umpires do like him. One thing we know for sure is that Judd is loved...and speaking through my pocket now, I hope the love grows even stronger!

Spoke too soon....Centrebet have just re-opened betting again for the rest of the weekend and they still have Judd at $16 and $4.50 the place...either they are lazy or they know something we don't about an injury as they had him at $16 BEFORE last night. I have to go back for more now.

Spoke too soon....Centrebet have just re-opened betting again for the rest of the weekend and they still have Judd at $16 and $4.50 the place...either they are lazy or they know something we don't about an injury as they had him at $16 BEFORE last night. I have to go back for more now.
Amazing, I'm going to hit them shortly !!!

Great pickup Pinnell. Amazed they opened mid round

I had Judd leading before last night.

Earlier in the year, Judd wouldve been racking up 3s.
Whether or not I think he deserves half his votes, means little.
Fact is the umpires love him and to the media, he can do no wrong.

I think Judd would be leading by at least 3 votes atm.

Eachway certainty youd think.

I think the weeks break done Judd good, I thought he has looked
sore of late, but looked fine last night and with the taggers getting
a slap on the wrist, Judd and Ablett will be improvers from here on in IMO.

Not sure if the umpire love for judd is as strong was it was a few years ago after a few reports and other acts like elbowing Pavlich which got a lot of press. anyway, i saw 3 and 2 votes in this order and the 1 to be shared by either one of a few players.

3 Votes – E. Betts
2 Votes – C. Judd
1 Vote – K. Simpson, M. Leunberger, S. Black, H. Scotland

bk u beat me to it

saw u were loading up and tried to get on prior but got $13 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if the umpire love for judd is as strong was it was a few years ago after a few reports and other acts like elbowing Pavlich which got a lot of press. anyway, i saw 3 and 2 votes in this order and the 1 to be shared by either one of a few players.

3 Votes – E. Betts
2 Votes – C. Judd
1 Vote – K. Simpson, M. Leunberger, S. Black, H. Scotland

Pretty accurate, I've gone Betts, Judd and Simpson but can be Simpson, Black or Scotland. Was a thrashing but the umps loved Black, would have got at least 3 frees?

Pretty accurate, I've gone Betts, Judd and Simpson but can be Simpson, Black or Scotland. Was a thrashing but the umps loved Black, would have got at least 3 frees?
I love ( used to ) Black and reckon he's no chance of a vote with the margin being so great. I didn't think it was one of his best games anyway - like the loss to the bulldogs late last year.

Or the Dane Swan of this year's count?
I agree, Barlow massive chance and the wildcard of the last 10 years. i have Swan high up but he is a real risk re polling.
The Judd issues are mounting now. I was concerned about the 3 week suspension from last year's final where he was still eligible this year and thought the umps could turn off him a little. I started becoming more forgiving re that issue and didn't see it in the media and then the Pavlich matter blew up which has to work against him.
Fact is he is still eligible this year by luck but the umps can easily correct that. I do still like him but have the 2 issues in my thoughts so could never see him as a moral even if my tally had him 3+ votes in front.

The worry with Judd a bit IMO is the umps may think gee this bloke shouldn't even be eligible; I'm not going to give him a vote because he doesn't deserve to be in with a chance of winning it. Did enough last night to possibly get the 3...Eddie I'm not sure will get 3. Scotland can poll a bit but not spectacular. Simpson the biggest thread IMO. And yep the margin too big for Black to poll.

Just on Black...was having a look earlier in the week at Bris market and Black/Brown are around 2.50 each! I've hardly got Black polling at all this year even with his record. How do others see Bris votes at this stage?

The worry with Judd a bit IMO is the umps may think gee this bloke shouldn't even be eligible; I'm not going to give him a vote because he doesn't deserve to be in with a chance of winning it. Did enough last night to possibly get the 3...Eddie I'm not sure will get 3. Scotland can poll a bit but not spectacular. Simpson the biggest thread IMO. And yep the margin too big for Black to poll.

Just on Black...was having a look earlier in the week at Bris market and Black/Brown are around 2.50 each! I've hardly got Black polling at all this year even with his record. How do others see Bris votes at this stage?

Only have Black on 4, Brown leading on 7.

Great game tonight, personally Mitchell, Hodge, Lake the best for mine, think I'll go 3. Mitchell 2. Lake 1 Hodge, but Hodge was great again.

Tough to give votes tonight

Rioli, Mitchell, Hodge, Boyd and Lake could all share them.

I've gone

Mitchell
Lake
Hodge

But very tough.

Right on the money there mate. I thought all players were great and deserve votes but ended up giving them to the same players as you. great game and tough for the exact votes.

i also threw liam picken in there as a chance at 1 vote, thought he was great throughout, matched hodge with the tough stuff, tackling, runs downs, smothers and being the last one to get up from a pack, he doesnt have the credentials like the other players but players like him tend to sneak a vote from time to time.

do people think bartel offers great value to win geelongs @ 9.00?
I have him right up there with GAJ and is heading in the opposite direction as gary and building momentum
was surpised at his votes last year, for memory got 13ish, when i had him pencilled in for 7-8

Hodge clear 3 for me
Mitchell 2
Lake 1, unless the love tap he dropped Buddy with affects their perception (surely not?). I thought Boyd was next best. I don't think Rioli will get votes.

I've got Black 5, Brown 8. I expect Brown to come back by R16 and have a couple more big games to ensure Bris most votes is covered.
Black has been quite good this year but not a big vote year like the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back