Brown's hit on O'Keefe

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me, I don't know what is more pathetic, Brown one of the biggest snipers in the game, as reflected in this incident, throwing a pathetic teary tantrum after Lloyd cleaned up Sewell last year, or the pathetic whingy sooky Hawks supporters who threw a collective tantrum far worse than my 2 year old ever has over the same incident and are now defending Campbell Brown's pathetic sniping as a legitimate shepherd.

Funny, never knew you could shepherd a bloke with your knees while they are on the ground.

If that's the case I hope we bring back Henry Slattery for the Hawks game and tell him to "shepherd" Lance Franklin every opportunity he gets. I will expect Hawks supporter to compliment him on his tough, fierce and unrelenting attack on the contest.

Really? Slapping players in the arm then crying on radio is how the game is meant to be played?

He is a phony. A wannabe.
I'm so sick of Essendon supporters whining about what the big bad Campbell Brown did in 2009. Time to get over it.

Besides, his slap has nothing to do with the fact that when the ball is there to be won, he's going at it at 100%.

That's how football is meant to be played.

I couldn't give a toss if he was reported or not. The MRP is a game of two-up. Having said that how can anyone seriously call that a shephard?:confused:
Only the sheep are calling that a shepherd Skip. ;)

Besides, his slap has nothing to do with the fact that when the ball is there to be won, he's going at it at 100%.

Which is why after Sewell's hit he went completely missing fo the entire 2nd half an failed in what should have been his objectives for the rest of the game.

Win the ball and contest hard.

Square up with Lloyd.

Help Hawthorn win the game.

What were his stats for the 2nd half, 1 bitch slap, some very scary finger pointing and some loud yelling and screaming.

Did he actually touch the ball, win a contest or even be involved in a contest. Closest he got to squaring up with Lloyd was to threaten him after the game on radio, telling him to watch his back the nex time they played.

Hmm you had a half of football to square up with him, apparently it was clear to all that Knights wanted him gone and he wouldn't be playig next year, so why did you not attempt to square up during that 2nd half, is it because you are a pathetic cheap shot merchant and no opportunity arose to put one in, because you certainly didn't try to go him face to face, you certainly didn't go near him at all.

Once again Campbell Brown was shown up for what he really is, a scared little bitch who likes bitch slapping, running his mouth off, dishing out cheap shots on young kids who are being helped of the ground concussed, dropping his knees into blokes on the ground and just being a very ordinary footballer who has culivated this "hardnut" footballer myth to save himself from greater scrutiny for being a very average footballer.

Which is why after Sewell's hit he went completely missing fo the entire 2nd half an failed in what should have been his objectives for the rest of the game.

Square up with Lloyd.

What were his stats for the 2nd half, 1 bitch slap, some very scary finger pointing and some loud yelling and screaming.

Did he actually touch the ball, win a contest or even be involved in a contest. Closest he got to squaring up with Lloyd was to threaten him after the game on radio, telling him to watch his back the nex time they played.

Hmm you had a half of football to square up with him, apparently it was clear to all that Knights wanted him gone and he wouldn't be playig next year, so why did you not attempt to square up during that 2nd half, is it because you are a pathetic cheap shot merchant and no opportunity arose to put one in, because you certainly didn't try to go him face to face, you certainly didn't go near him at all.

Once again Campbell Brown was shown up for what he really is, a scared little bitch who likes bitch slapping, running his mouth off, dishing out cheap shots on young kids who are being helped of the ground concussed, dropping his knees into blokes on the ground and just being a very ordinary footballer who has culivated this "hardnut" footballer myth to save himself from greater scrutiny for being a very average footballer.

Could you have proven my point any more?

As I stated earlier, Time to get over it.

I'm so sick of Essendon supporters whining about what the big bad Campbell Brown did in 2009. Time to get over it.

Comedy. A Hawks supporter telling essendon supporters to stop whining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing you've got a 100 posts bagging the MRP in the "Tribunal murders Buddy again" threads. Can't have it both ways sunshine...

I'm guessing you would be wrong sweetie..........

Between Cats and scum supporters your hatred is palpable - pathetic really.

Did everything he could but still made head contact - will probably get two weeks.

Did he deserve it, probably - he needs to learn that the bump is gone from the game altogether and that he should do nothing when a player is near him. Do I think he receives unfair treatment from the umps - you better believe it, but thats just me being whiny isn't it

I hope you were one of those who thought the MRP got it right when Colin Sylvia had his jaw broken or did you complain about the inconsistency of the MRP.

Did he deserve it, probably - he needs to learn that the bump is gone from the game altogether and that he should do nothing when a player is near him. Do I think he receives unfair treatment from the umps - you better believe it, but thats just me being whiny isn't it
Is it? Is there an issue if a player lays a legitimate bump (ie with hip/shoulder) which doesn't go head high?

And why should a player do nothing when an opponent is near him? How about laying a tackle or contesting the ball? Delivering a bump isn't the only option you know.

Is it? Is there an issue if a player lays a legitimate bump (ie with hip/shoulder) which doesn't go head high?

And why should a player do nothing when an opponent is near him? How about laying a tackle or contesting the ball. Laying a bump isn't the only option you know.

No issue at all - osborne laid a perfectly legit bump on mcveigh but as clarkson pointed out to all hawk players the risk is just far to great and as far as his concerned hawk players should take it completely out of their game - hopefully buddy has finally learnt this as it is practically impossible for someone of his height to lay a bump that would not be head high.

This comment was very tongue in cheek and just another hawk supporter being a whiny bitch ....... when he fends off - it is too high, when he tackles - it is either high or in the back, when he plays from behind - it is in the back or over the shoulder. Look, there is no doubt that buddy gives away a lot of free kicks but it is also an area I think he has improved in (stats may lie about this, haven't looked tbh) but it just doesn't seem to work the other way and I think it borders on the plain ridiculous. There would be players at every club I think that seem to cop the rough end of the stick, at the hawks us supporters believe it is Buddy.

I honestly can't ever recall shepherding someone by leading with my knees into someone's body when they were on the ground.

It's the new Hawthorn shepherd. :) Within the rules according their rule book, but for everyone else, it's illegal. :thumbsu:

Square up with Lloyd.

Do you feel like addressing the issues within the thread in the slightest??? :confused:

I honestly can't ever recall shepherding someone by leading with my knees into someone's body when they were on the ground.

I appreciate that you are referring more to the act of sheparding someone on the ground, but there's a lot of use of the term "leading with the knees" in this thread.

How else does one slide? Should he have gone in face first?

I appreciate that you are referring more to the act of sheparding someone on the ground, but there's a lot of use of the term "leading with the knees" in this thread.

How else does one slide? Should he have gone in face first?[/quote]
Perhaps he should have tried either,
a) Laying a legitimate tackle, by going in with his arms first, or,
b) Made an attempt to take possession of the ball.

He did neither, and opted to slide, knees first, as you have pointed out, into the side of ROK. Even sensible Hawks fans on this thread have accepted it. You know, as we all know, that he is a sniper. That is what he does best.

How else does one slide? Should he have gone in face first?

Buddy managed to slide in on the weekend without his knees aimed forward. It's possible to turn your body as you're sliding too, but seen as Brown was almost past the ball when he did it he wouldn't have had much time.

God help us all, and the game if we're going to look at suspending players or banning anyone from hitting a contest hard.

He went knees first because that is how you slide. No doubt in my mind he wanted to hit that contest as hard as he could, and rightly so. That's football and there is no rule against it, as long as the player does not get hit high or in the back. You may not like it being done to your player, but that doesn't make him a sniper. And if Goodes, Bolton or Jack had of done the same thing you would be applauding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown's hit on O'Keefe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back