Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

That the crows will get him to the club. This has been months in the making and a commitment from the crows that it will get done.
If this is the commitment then Carlton should ask for 5 first rounders and the reincarnation of tony modra

You're talking rubbish now , basically asserting that because the crows have told Gibbs they'll get it done their now willing to sacrifice the success of the club in short and medium term to keep their word to a player they haven't signed yet

Are you Michaelangelo Rucci ?

Bye Bye Caleb Marchbank, Jarrod Pickett and sundry other GWS players...or Pick 5 for them and enjoy whoever you pick up in the 2nd round....you do still have your 2nd round pick??

Your clearly out of your depth if you don't think we've been managing these GWS trades long before the Gibbs story fell.

Lot of ignorance on this thread:

- CFC Gibbs BATNA is he stays

- CFC not interested in Lyons

- GWS trade is somehow dependent on this one

Golden rule of crisis management is confuse and diffuse. Seems AFC posters have been learning their trade from EFC posters on the drugs board.

I agreee mostly with this . As a crows fan I hope Lyons stays

If carlton don't rate/ want Lyons then the next step would be to offer up one or combo of Harry Dear ( who id hate to see leave but so be it if needed to be done ), Kelly , Grigg , CEY and even Wigg at a pinch

Failing that last offer pick 13 and a 2nd round pick ( if one can be organised by sending Lyons somewhere or more preferably for us the 2017 2nd rounder and we keep Lyons )
Ok cool. Now we are getting somewhere. For me I struggle to evaluate Dear and Wigg. I hear good things. But in an open market they are all worth around 3rd rounders. But like I said due to lack of established form you have to consider their draft position as a starting point. I could be wrong though. A 1st and and 2nd is a good starting point from you guys. I reckon we should ask for 2 1st next and see how that sits with the crows.

Your clearly out of your depth if you don't think we've been managing these GWS trades long before the Gibbs story fell.

Lot of ignorance on this thread:

- CFC Gibbs BATNA is he stays

- CFC not interested in Lyons

- GWS trade is somehow dependent on this one

Golden rule of crisis management is confuse and diffuse. Seems AFC posters have been learning their trade from EFC posters on the drugs board.

Then it makes no difference if this deal is done with two minutes to go let's sit back and enjoy the ride

No promises or guarantees in this life, I think he would realise that as no one would know what Carlton would want so it's impossible to promise anything
Agreed there isn't. But by announcing it has exposed Gibbs. Very unlike the crows. They tend to do things in the background and then drop the bombshell.

Ok cool. Now we are getting somewhere. For me I struggle to evaluate Dear and Wigg. I hear good things. But in an open market they are all worth around 3rd rounders. But like I said due to lack of established form you have to consider their draft position as a starting point. I could be wrong though. A 1st and and 2nd is a good starting point from you guys. I reckon we should ask for 2 1st next and see how that sits with the crows.
2 firsts will never happen . If he was 25 yo that would be best case scenario but still overs but not at 28 yo

Agreed there isn't. But by announcing it has exposed Gibbs. Very unlike the crows. They tend to do things in the background and then drop the bombshell.
noble out - I'm pretty sure we are going to change tack a little in the next few years with a more ruthless edge . We will go from respected and competitive to respected and hated IMO

If this is the commitment then Carlton should ask for 5 first rounders and the reincarnation of tony modra

You're talking rubbish now , basically asserting that because the crows have told Gibbs they'll get it done their now willing to sacrifice the success of the club in short and medium term to keep their word to a player they haven't signed yet

Are you Michaelangelo Rucci ?
What has happened afterwards is negotiations. A concept you clearly struggle with. Blues know what they can demand and crows know what they can offer. Plenty of wriggle room to get it done.

2 firsts will never happen . If he was 25 yo that would be best case scenario but still overs but not at 28 yo
Ok, that your opinion. If that's what you think then that's ok. I never said 2 1st would get it done I just said that that might be what the blues ask for next. I have no idea, I'm looking at it from a negotiating point of view.

What has happened afterwards is negotiations. A concept you clearly struggle with. Blues know what they can demand and crows know what they can offer. Plenty of wriggle room to get it done.
it's pretty clear that 13 would be about right if not overs if OOC so it needs to start there and also include something else piggybacked due to being in contract . Being in contract shouldn't double the price being paid however . Don't think it ever has and ever will

13 and a 2nd rounder is a might good deal . Certainly uncomfortable for us which most good trades need to be

Ok, that your opinion. If that's what you think then that's ok. I never said 2 1st would get it done I just said that that might be what the blues ask for next. I have no idea, I'm looking at it from a negotiating point of view.
crows say 13
Carlton say 13 and another first

Final deal may be 13 and a 2nd rounder . Crows win short term and Carlton win long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time isn't our enemy. He's a contracted player.

Our enemy is we truly want him and we pay anything for him but they way Roo has talked that will not be the case and Fagan is a hard nut and won't buckle like trigg would have

Carlton have two downsides Bolton has stated he doesn't want players that don't want to be there and that question is answered unless you live under a rock and he could form part of other deals

Our enemy is we truly want him and we pay anything for him but they way Roo has talked that will not be the case and Fagan is a hard nut and won't buckle like trigg would have

Carlton have two downsides Bolton has stated he doesn't want players that don't want to be there and that question is answered unless you live under a rock and he could form part of other deals

BBs comments apply to players who do not play with commitment. Gibbs had a very good 2016. Doubt BB would be concerned about his commitment at all.

BBs comments apply to players who do not play with commitment. Gibbs had a very good 2016. Doubt BB would be concerned about his commitment at all.

Gee you would think he meant players that didn't want to be part of the club it seems pretty straight forward, he seems the sort that likes that team first attitude or do you think he would fill his team full of mercenaries who don't really have any passion

Bolton seems to love that team first attitude not sure wanting to leave is the attitude he likes but I could be wrong

Gee you would think he meant players that didn't want to be part of the club it seems pretty straight forward, he seems the sort that likes that team first attitude or do you think he would fill his team full of mercenaries who don't really have any passion

Bolton seems to love that team first attitude not sure wanting to leave is the attitude he likes but I could be wrong

Read my post. He'd have absolutely no trouble with Gibbs in the team for 2017. Our BATNA is going to see us get an excellent deal, if one goes through. Last time AFC tried to recruit a CONTRACTED Carlton player, who asked to be traded, it didn't happen. He retired this year, happily a one club player. it happens, get used to the idea that unless the deal is good Gibbs will not be playing for AFC next year.

Read my post. He'd have absolutely no trouble with Gibbs in the team for 2017. Our BATNA is going to see us get an excellent deal, if one goes through. Last time AFC tried to recruit a CONTRACTED Carlton player, who asked to be traded, it didn't happen. He retired this year, happily a one club player. it happens, get used to the idea that unless the deal is good Gibbs will not be playing for AFC next year.

Then that's the way it will go not overly concerned to be honest if he wants to come home we will attempt to facilitate it but not at a cost to the club long term as Roo has indicated, maybe you will be giving away pick 5 for what you want and not getting one of those guns in the draft

Someone just posted on our board, this year and 2017 first
Which is 0% chance of occurring no matter how many times blues supporters mention this.

Crows would walk away if this is what the blues wanted.

Then that's the way it will go not overly concerned to be honest if he wants to come home we will attempt to facilitate it but not at a cost to the club long term as Roo has indicated, maybe you will be giving away pick 5 for what you want and not getting one of those guns in the draft

You're clearly drinking the Adelaide water...

Posters don't want to suffer short term, and Roo doesn't want to suffer long term.

You want to have your cake and eat it too. Doesn't work like that in trade week, especially with a player who is contracted.

Adding to your problem is that Gibbs contracted is front loaded, so the next 3 years for us come cheap. If we're to trade him, it will either hurt you short term or long term. Suggest you hurt long term because you're trying to win a flag short term (even though you probably won't).

If you wanted a premium mid on the cheap you should have gone after Rockliff.

Walker?

We were after him and/or Tambling - my understanding is we put the same pick on the table for both, you guys tried to squeeze us for more, and then Richmond jumped at it.

Probably fortunate for you guys that they did ;)

While Gibbs is probably only worth pick 13, he's contracted for 3 more years so adelaide are going to have to pay overs to get him Unfortunately. Carlton have no reason to let him go unless they get a good deal. I'd be doing the same if I was carlton and I'm sure adelaide would do the same if Sloan asked to be traded with 3 years to go

Walker?

We were after him and/or Tambling - my understanding is we put the same pick on the table for both, you guys tried to squeeze us for more, and then Richmond jumped at it.

Probably fortunate for you guys that they did ;)

Summary: it didn't happen. You ended up with Tambling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back