Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Whiley and Lamb? Can't wait.

Yes , hence draft picks should be the order of the day .
Whiley was secured under the previous regime who have rightly moved on .
Lamb was "strategically" taken on board as part of a bigger picture deal .
Gibbs is vice captain , contracted for 3 years and happy at Carlton .
If Carlton and Gibbs are happy to arrange a trade Adelaide will pay Carlton's asking price which should not include another plodder .

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate :thumbsu:
Now that we've cleared that up you can take Lyons off the table and pony up the draft picks ...
Well no I cant, this is what you can't seem to grasp. Neither can I "pony up" the draft picks.

All I can do is discuss what I think value is. It's entirely subjective.

If we were playing footy card swaps then I would understand your position much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well no I cant, this is what you can't seem to grasp. Neither can I "pony up" the draft picks.

If we were playing footy card swaps then I would understand your position much better
Stop being a smart ass, obviously this is only discussion

Must we all put IMO at the start and finish of every post mate ?
Of course we're here for discussion .
IMO Lyons is an average plodder , we've got our share of those at Carlton at the moment hence the need for draft picks .

Must we all put IMO at the start and finish of every post mate ?
Of course we're here for discussion .
IMO Lyons is an average plodder , we've got our share of those at Carlton at the moment hence the need for draft picks .
IMO, you are right. Just my opinion speaking personally for myself

Jeez some people take trade discussions way too personally..
Gibbs hasn't lived up to the early hype but he'd certainly be handy working in tandem with Sloane and Crouch x2, I'd be interested in hearing a non Carlton/Crows supporters honest valuation of
Gibbs' worth.

Crows first rd seems about right IMO. Possibly a later pick back from Carlton.

Exactly what Crows need IMO.

Also solves the Blues problem of overpaying for Marchbank as they can use the Gibbs pick which is about right.

Yes , hence draft picks should be the order of the day .
Whiley was secured under the previous regime who have rightly moved on .
Lamb was "strategically" taken on board as part of a bigger picture deal .
Gibbs is vice captain , contracted for 3 years and happy at Carlton .
If Carlton and Gibbs are happy to arrange a trade Adelaide will pay Carlton's asking price which should not include another plodder .
Where you been these last few years if Gibbs wants to come home a deal will have to be done contract or not somewhere close to both parties wishes as apart from McCarthy every go home deal been done .
Do you really think we got a good deal for Dangerfield .
It simply down to if Gibbs wants to move back to Adelaide for whatever reasons or not .

Jeez some people take trade discussions way too personally..
Gibbs hasn't lived up to the early hype but he'd certainly be handy working in tandem with Sloane and Crouch x2, I'd be interested in hearing a non Carlton/Crows supporters honest valuation of Gibbs' worth.

Crows 1st pick.

Where you been these last few years if Gibbs wants to come home a deal will have to be done contract or not somewhere close to both parties wishes as apart from McCarthy every go home deal been done .
Do you really think we got a good deal for Dangerfield .
It simply down to if Gibbs wants to move back to Adelaide for whatever reasons or not .

It's not that simple IMO.

Bryce may have said if a Crows deal can be done I'm up for it. If not then that's cool.

Pretty different to Danger. Who was an uncontracted RFA and was always wanting home.

Bryce is contracted and mature. If he doesn't demand a trade you'd think he won't go unless the Blues release him. At this stage we only hear rumours he is open to it. Totally different to say the Griffen scenario. Or the Yarran scenario as Yaz was contracted and keen to go. And even without his issues, Yaz is a far shitter and flakier player than Gibbs, and Yaz fetched P19.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back