Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 1st rounders, Gibbs hasn't even lived up to the hype of the 1st rounder he was picked at.
It's pretty funny Adelaide steal all Carltons good players, crap Adelaide have more of Carltons good players than Carlton have.

Adelaide fans once you have Gibbs, who's next Cripps?

Last edited:
2 1st rounders, Gibbs hasn't even lived up to the hype of the 1st rounder he was picked at.
But in fairness to Carlton he is only 1 of a few good players they have.

Probably due to Adelaide stealing them all.
Sounds expensive when it's said like that, but pick 13 isn't a prime pick and the Crows 2017 pick will probably be worse, but in saying that i think 13 is about right, with maybe a steak knife added.

I really hope that Carlton walks away from this deal and that Bryce suits up in Navy Blue next year. Sympathetic to his domestic situation but surely there is something that could be worked out by the club. I will concede though that I think he is gone.

IF Carlton is saving a warchest for the latter stages of the reset then I hope that our spies are all over any decent victorians playing for Adelaide, in their ear and trying to white-ant them. Preferably as contracted planot as free agents

In fairness we are coming from a pretty low base regarding the management of our list. He doesn't have to do too much to be an extreme improvement on his predecessors.

What an ill informed comment

If the draft was done away with WA and SA would dominate more so WA

The states have two teams and as a percentage to those two teams have a far greater and better quality talent pool to draw from

Bring it on you can divide up your talent amongst the ten Vic teams there are

Much as wanted Gibbs to get his wish to return home and play for Crows , just look at some of trades done so cheaply and look at what Carlton are demanding from Crows and although disappointed if trade didn't happen I would not see as failure by us to walk away .
As lets face facts he would be a 28 yr old player that has never got anywhere near potential and really we are really in reality over paying if dive up 13 which is very valuable to us as unlike some clubs over last 10 years when we have been lucky enough to have 1st round picks we have got very important players.
Even one eyed Carlton supporters surely if looked at trades done over last few years especially on go home cases must have some idea how stupid demands for 2 firsts pr a first and future stars like Cameron, McGovern and Lever .
My annoyance if we walked away from this deal is nothing like I would feel if gave up 13 plus next years 1st or 2nd .
If walk away I believe out only failure would have been not telling SOS to go jump earlier and secured a young mid from elsewhere more to our needs.

Much as wanted Gibbs to get his wish to return home and play for Crows , just look at some of trades done so cheaply and look at what Carlton are demanding from Crows and although disappointed if trade didn't happen I would not see as failure by us to walk away .
As lets face facts he would be a 28 yr old player that has never got anywhere near potential and really we are really in reality over paying if dive up 13 which is very valuable to us as unlike some clubs over last 10 years when we have been lucky enough to have 1st round picks we have got very important players.
Even one eyed Carlton supporters surely if looked at trades done over last few years especially on go home cases must have some idea how stupid demands for 2 firsts pr a first and future stars like Cameron, McGovern and Lever .
My annoyance if we walked away from this deal is nothing like I would feel if gave up 13 plus next years 1st or 2nd .
If walk away I believe out only failure would have been not telling SOS to go jump earlier and secured a young mid from elsewhere more to our needs.
Shaun Burgoyne

Sounds expensive when it's said like that, but pick 13 isn't a prime pick and the Crows 2017 pick will probably be worse, but in saying that i think 13 is about right, with maybe a steak knife added.
Not a prime pick then have a look at our last picks around pick 13.
Dangerfield.
Talia
Lever
Milera
All those will have greater careers than Gibbs with Milera only unknown .
Oops their is a Brownlow medalist in there as well,

D day for Adelaide
Gotta finish what they started or earn the "rep"
The whole footy world is watching ...

How did Adelaide start anything just because Gibbs was born in Adelaide and wanted to return the roles could have been reversed with port and we could have no cap space but it's the luck of the draw it good list management at least

How did Adelaide start anything just because Gibbs was born in Adelaide and wanted to return the roles could have been reversed with port and we could have no cap space but it's the luck of the draw it good list management at least

Adelaide have offered Gibbs a 5 year contract.

Walker has shaken Gibbs hand and given his word that they'll get the deal done.

We'll see today what your mate Roo is made of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will Deledio trade for slightly older but far greater quality based on achievements

Slightly older?

There is double the age gap between Deledio and Gibbs as there is Dangerfield Gibbs, yet last year the crows were saying danger was a recruit in the prime of his career, and this year Gibbs has only a few years left.

If the same one eyed crows age scale which was used on Danger and Gibbs is applied to Deledio, then lids should be seen as a veteran recruit who may only be good for one season.

Or if not, then Gibbs is only 'slightly older' than dangerfield was when traded.

Sounds like it'll get done to me, Crows 1st plus what they get for Lyons & maybe other pick shuffling.. anyone else hear that?

I think it'll not get done. There's too many deals to close on the last day, and SOS is being wildly unreasonable.

Very disappointing. I'd be curious what other players think of Carlton's refusal to deal and consider their players' wellbeing and future, especially next to what successful clubs like Hawthorn do.

I think it'll not get done. There's too many deals to close on the last day, and SOS is being wildly unreasonable.

Very disappointing. I'd be curious what other players think of Carlton's refusal to deal and consider their players' wellbeing and future, especially next to what successful clubs like Hawthorn do.

Lol

You started it ... now finish it or be shown up for what you are !!

Not a prime pick then have a look at our last picks around pick 13.
Dangerfield.
Talia
Lever
Milera
All those will have greater careers than Gibbs with Milera only unknown .
Oops their is a Brownlow medalist in there as well,
Now your just making shit up. Why would you try to get Gibbs who has about 5 years left in him, if you could get a player with 15 years left in them. Who going by your recruiting will be a better player.
Gibbs got 13 Brownlow votes this year in a club that won 7 games. You only had 1 player with more then that in a team that won more than double the amount of games. I'd be amazed if 3 of the players above even get 13 Brownlow votes in their WHOLE career. You are a dreamer.

Deal will get done, pick 13 and next years first for Gibbs and this years 2nd/3rd round.

Anyone thinking we were ever getting Lever, Crouch, McGovern kidding themselves - they're all worth more than Gibbs without pick 13.

Deal above is a win win for both clubs.

Don't sign long term contracts and then worry about your well being and future then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back