Autopsy Bud Vs Geelong Rd 16, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Our players wern’t prepared for tonight despite playing a similarly paced game last week.

Do we do skills training? I suspect not.

We play dour, boring football which is fine when you’re winning but we aren’t and the scoreboard flattered us[/QUOTE]

This is something I have been worried about all season. The lack of goals and the reason for the lack of goals. the reaon is we just take far too long to get the ball in. Our set ups from the defensive kick in are just a disgrace because we have not changed them very much in the last two bloody years. It does not surprise me we are falling apart. The reason is the other coaches have worked us out. Sure we had passengers tonight, Hannas, Towers (maybe using a player who has not played the last two weeks is not such a good thing), Jack (not because of injury but because he is just too slow). One of the reasons we lost tonight is that we failed to play our fittest and in form players.

The in form players were; Robbo yes, Newman, O'Riordan, Dawson. Fox to a lesser extent. Dawsonkicked 3 goals from 24, 5 tackles and 7 marks. He is only two weeks back and will play another game this week. After this if he gets through we should play him. At least he kicks goals and can give Joey a rest as he is 190cm mid. The backs were under the pump tonight because the mids were far too loose as were the forwards. Time to rethink our strategy. I believe we are three seasons from a premiership. Definitely not this year. I believe too that Cameron and Amarty will play key roles in our rise. i don't believe Horse will play a huge role if he can't change his coaching style.

With our coaching we are wasting really top end talent. I'm sorry but I get frustrated at the way we play. We are so defensive we don't attack at any time except from the defensive half. we are never proactive. Even our cetnre clearances tend to be more from the defensive side. our players play a style of game that makes everything scrappy. I hate it. Longmire **** off. we will never win a premiership playing this shite footy. the game has gome past you mate.

The forward setup/movement is just disgusting...we have one of the greatest goal kickers of all time in the forward line and we just won't put it in there....we've been far too accepting of being smashed in the inside 50's from week to week.... for years now. Relying purely on counter-punch football will never be enough.

Should've been able to achieve so much more in the Longmire era, with the likes if Franklin/Tippett/Goodes running through there at various stages plus a host of goal kicking mids and multiple all aus. Parkennebery combo, it's laughable that we haven't been able to ever field a team capable of kicking 13+ goals every week. Our forward setup and refusal to play anything close to resembling an attacking game has rendered this era, (which should have been one of our greatest), as a massive underachievement.
Theoretically there's still time to turn it around, even as early as this season, but we as a club seem to refuse to move away from this overly defensive, boring as bat-shit style. We could've easily changed this around last quarter but it was back to the most conservative and safest way possible until the game slipped away, even though the result was inevitable from early in the last.
Playing this game-style, must be as exciting as watching it...you can almost tell the result of a swans game 5 minutes into it.

No offence but this shit. 12 points ? Did you watch the game ? Should have been 12 goals. Don't doubt peoples loyalty. We have ******* eyes and we have opinions. If you want to accept shit like tonights effort and a refusal by the club to address some glaring weaknesses that is only going to produce more of the same season upon season that is up to you. Face facts, since we shit ourselves GF Day 14 and then made every excuse under the sun for 16 we are mediocre at best. Going nowhere until the list is rejuvenated to compliment a promising handful of young players and some fresh ideas out the coaching box. If that means Longmire goes so be it.

Understand disappointment and if you want to wallow that's your choice. No offence taken......free world we can all think what we will. For the record it was 12 points difference. You think they should have won more. They didn't. Fact. We are always beaten inside 50s. Another fact.

There are dozens of factors which influence a team and there are always peaks and troughs. Perhaps fatigue (physical of mental from playing the competition leaders the previous week as one example). Disproportionate share of niggling injuries. I could go on indefinitely. Things we don't see. We didn't measure up tonight and lost. Move on and refocus.

I always prefer to focus on positives but that's me. Each their own

Look everyone says things they don’t mean so give him time to retract. It’s why I don’t do social media post games. I know I’ll say something I don’t mean.

I will leave this alone as it's just some stupid tweet, but just gotta say for anyone to even entertain the thought that Grundy = hopeless is pretty stupid (whether they mean it or not). And really out of all the players tonight who were quite poor to single out Grundy...wow. Anyway as I said I will leave it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all truth, no joking around, for me personally my main frustration is that I know we're not in the premiership hunt for at least 2 years.

I can live with that if we go in the right direction and in many ways we are with good young talent

Flip side I think we have the talent to win the flag and we dot maximise it sometimes

True but surely one can open your eyes though. I get taking medical advice but surely the coach has a say.

We were 1 down from the 1st quarter. If he could still run then it might be assessed that he can still play and see if it gets worse, and so there is still an extra rotation. (I hate the word rotation). There was a game last week where a player was clearly not right but stayed out on the ground for a few minutes each quarter to give others a rest.

We were 1 down from the 1st quarter. If he could still run then it might be assessed that he can still play and see if it gets worse, and so there is still an extra rotation. (I hate the word rotation). There was a game last week where a player was clearly not right but stayed out on the ground for a few minutes each quarter to give others a rest.

Jacks stood out there doing nothing every week, could of tried to do it again I guess

Kinda takes the decision out of the selectors’ hands, huh?

That’s probably a good thing for all parties.

One thing I’ll say is I don’t doubt his endeavour but it’s clear he’s been 20% fit at best all season

We ain’t winning anyone who needs surgery book them in. If we make finals great if not we refresh next year with an easier draw to boot

For sure.

At this early stsge my thoughts are:

OUT: Kizza, Hanners, Macca
IN: Paps, Dawson/Gazza, Reid (if ready, if not then Gazza/Dawson).

Heeney out?

The forward setup/movement is just disgusting...we have one of the greatest goal kickers of all time in the forward line and we just won't put it in there....we've been far too accepting of being smashed in the inside 50's from week to week.... for years now. Relying purely on counter-punch football will never be enough.

Should've been able to achieve so much more in the Longmire era, with the likes if Franklin/Tippett/Goodes running through there at various stages plus a host of goal kicking mids and multiple all aus. Parkennebery combo, it's laughable that we haven't been able to ever field a team capable of kicking 13+ goals every week. Our forward setup and refusal to play anything close to resembling an attacking game has rendered this era, (which should have been one of our greatest), as a massive underachievement.
Theoretically there's still time to turn it around, even as early as this season, but we as a club seem to refuse to move away from this overly defensive, boring as bat-shit style. We could've easily changed this around last quarter but it was back to the most conservative and safest way possible until the game slipped away, even though the result was inevitable from early in the last.
Playing this game-style, must be as exciting as watching it...you can almost tell the result of a swans game 5 minutes into it.

This is not a knock on the fella but a perfect example of this was in the last qtr when Fox marked and Franklin was one on one with Guthrie deep and Fox took 5 ******* minutes to kick it in there. Just an example but it is habitual in this side. A lot of the time when we are stagnant down back the first thing that comes to mind is the game style we play but now I think of it some of our players are just plain ******* dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bud Vs Geelong Rd 16, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back