Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what you're all getting upset for. Franklin to Sydney? Excellent. Will make the tears even more bitter when a side rips the premiership flag out of their hands next year. Because you know that every neutral supporter will be on the side of whoever the Swans play. Sydney have now become the Miami Heat of Australian Rules Football.

Buddy Frankling you're a rat. Dead set total and utter rat and that girlfriend of yours that has a her fake silicon **** out on page 9 of this thread isn't even that attractive. Her face is a funny shape even i've sexed better looking women than that.

****, where???? I missed them!

You do know clubs had the opportunity to do it eight times last year when he was injured with no success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like I said, I am not saying the Hawks will plummet. However, good teams could find a way to exploit it without needing to worry about Buddy. Against certain other teams as well such as North and Carlton, Hawks seemed willing to engage in a shoot out, something they may not be able to do any longer. After all, Buddy still kicked 60 goals, they have to come from somewhere unless the Hawks increase their defensive pressure (which they very well may.)

I do think at least for awhile it could potentially cause some headache for the Hawks. Opposition teams have focused alot on stopping Franklin, which is one reason why the Hawks have been using him higher up the ground lately. Without Buddy around, means teams can concentrate on defending against the likes of Gunston say, who until now would have been third priority after Franklin and Roughhead.

Sydney in all its stopping power got smacked by a franklinless hawks, the bloke that came in for him played better then he did. They didn't come into the game planning to stop buddy.
Gunston is more then capable he smashed freo he had several opponents all failed, Roughhead had the best defenders they also have Hale to take a tall.
The inside 50 passing ability that the hawks mids have is all Gunston needs his set shot is stunning.

Just look at what Doggies and Demons can afford, and maybe if you look at it without red and white glasses on, you'll see a major problem with what teams that are suppose to be in an equal competition. It is further from an even competition than it has EVER been in the whole history of the VFL/AFL competition.

Doggies for example haven't been able to draw a decent key forward for years. They finally got one, and it is party time for them at the moment, but the name is Stuart Crameri not fricken Tippett one year, and Buddy the next Ridiculous. It angers me so much, my respect for anyone that can't see a problem with this even Swan supporters is zero.
Brilliant argument.:thumbsu:

Your players are getting paid the minimum amount you could get them to agree to play for you for. Just like every other team.

9.8% of what you pay your players doesn't count in the salary cap, leaving an extra 900k to spend each year.

It's not hard to understand.

Yes, but everyone keeps telling us that we're paying overs for Mumford, Kennedy, etc, and to all our young players to keep them here, so there wouldn't be 900k free in the cap.

Bigfooty needs to be consistent.

Either we hoarded the allowance for years, in which case our 2012 side was a team of underpaid battlers, or we're paying everyone extra, meaning that we have 100-200k extra to chuck at individual players like Tippett or Franklin, rather than 900k to blow at will on an extra spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie is a big hypocrite flog, using teams like Collingwood, Carlton and North is his arguments about buying players outside the spirit of the comp, browse up on youre history you multiple chinned one eyed goose.

Just look at what Doggies and Demons can afford...

This, coming from a Collingwood supporter is amusing.
Didn't Eddie vote to keep the clubs on 'drip feed' at 95% of the cap? Yet, still publicly claim how Collingwood floats the AFL boat?

I R confused

Your players are getting paid the minimum amount you could get them to agree to play for you for. Just like every other team.

9.8% of what you pay your players doesn't count in the salary cap, leaving an extra 900k to spend each year.

It's not hard to understand.

Right. So then you'll know it doesn't add up. An extra 900k a year doesn't allow for both Tippet and Buddy.

Franklin and Sydney - the REAL Coke 'n' Cola

COLA.jpg

Like I said, I am not saying the Hawks will plummet. However, good teams could find a way to exploit it without needing to worry about Buddy. Against certain other teams as well such as North and Carlton, Hawks seemed willing to engage in a shoot out, something they may not be able to do any longer. After all, Buddy still kicked 60 goals, they have to come from somewhere unless the Hawks increase their defensive pressure (which they very well may.)

Thing is, we changed Buddy's role this year from being the focal point to being one of a group of 6. Him going is going to hurt, no doubt, but not as much as what it would have 2 years ago.

This would be the Demons that signed Mitch Clark and then backed that up signing Dawes?

And the Bulldogs that managed to acquire Hall in the middle of their premiership window?

They have the same cap as all the other Victorian teams.

Big difference here. Players at the caliber of Tippet and Franklin are being lured by contracts worth hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Bulldogs and Demons probably paid not even half to pick up Hall and Clark/Dawes. Then again Bulldogs picked up Hall on the cheap with a draft pick, and he only had two seasons left in him. Clark and Dawes are no where near the caliber of Tippet and Franklin. Neither team has the ability to throw ridiculous kinds of money.

You missed the point completely. The issue is that the poorer teams are no match for teams with an extra financial assistance, when it comes to trying to secure A grade forwards, or any players in general. Sure Hall was handy, but the Bulldogs have never been a chance to secure a long term A grade key forward ever since the league went national. We're debating money here.

Had a good chuckle at Eddie Mac on 360 going on about wanting a level playing field.

No worries Ed next year the Pies play 11 home games at the MCG, ANZAC day is totally random, wouldn't want one team to have an unfair advantage over any other now would we Ed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back