Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

So what extra advantages are Collingwood afforded in a salary cap sense over the smaller clubs?

I didn't say in a salary cap expense. You don't think spending extra money on the football department including more coaches , support staff and facilities also effects equalisation

So what extra advantages are Collingwood afforded in a salary cap sense over the smaller clubs?

Paying 100% of the cap instead of 95% for a start

Promotional appearance funds $5,000 per week on the footy show

Sideline gigs in the age or herald sun for 'ghost written' articles.

Public appearance monies

or lock in D, none of the above Eddie

And just think, if you actually cared when it was happening to a non Vic side this may not have happened. Gunston played well on Saturday....

I mean Hawks fans have every right to be pissed. But this is the same club that has strip mined weaker clubs. Lake, Burgoyne, Gunston, Simpkin, Guerra, Hale and Gibson were all lured to the Hawks. No different at all the what the Swans have done.

Oh and just one more thing;

Buddy Frankling you're a rat. Dead set total and utter rat and that girlfriend of yours that has a her fake silicon **** out on page 9 of this thread isn't even that attractive. Her face is a funny shape even i've sexed better looking women than that.

You're a rat Lance (no you're not my "buddy" anymore)

Total rat. Losing a grand final, seeing all your best mates in the locker room while they're shattered, devestated, missing out on the ultimate glory... and you're in the back room, with a shitty crown lager (why do footballers drink that shit after a grand final? it's a shit beer, even corono is better) anyway there you are sitting next to Luke Hodge, Samuel Mitchell, and that guy who used to be bald, and they're crying because they lost a grand final so close so far etc. and all the while you're texting goodesey asking for a job.

You are a shit person Lance, i hope you enjoy your billions of dollars, 6 premierships, Bondi Beach and cocaine and sex with that funny headed woman.

Woah. Bit harsh. If I was him I would take the money too.

Like I said, you can't have it both ways.

Arguing Tippet and Franklin when it suits your argument (now) and how we 'poached' guys like Keendy and McGlynn (you do remember them, yes?)

Yes I remember them. Sure, playing time was a big factor. You also outbidded us on contract length and dollars for Kennedy. COLA helps with that, I'm not saying it is the only factor (you also had some retirements that year), but a factor it is.

Your recruits sold their souls to join a Premiership team to hang a medallion, ours joined a team ethos to earn one.

So let me get this right. When players join the Hawks for less money and a premiership shot, they are selling their souls. But when they join Sydney for more money and a premiership shot, they are doing it because of your team ethos? Do I have that right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing in all this is the behaviour of Franklin and his management.

The 9 year deal is there to stymie Hawks from matching the offer - in doing so he has cut his old club adrift and totally weakened any compensation they could get from the deal. Its a dog act and another example of players being poorly advised by their managers. Hawk fans have every right to despise Franklin after this and I'm sure Buddy wouldn't want it to have ended this way unless he is more selfish than first thought.

Public appearance monies

That would be E.

This would be the Demons that signed Mitch Clark and then backed that up signing Dawes?

And the Bulldogs that managed to acquire Hall in the middle of their premiership window?

They have the same cap as all the other Victorian teams.

Oh no, you're not serious. Do you have any idea what is going on outside your bubble? How about a trade from Melbourne for Dawes and Clarke for Buddy and Tippett? No I didn't think so. Hall was also old by the time he got to the Dogs. Saints and Swans got the best of Hall. 6 years for Saints, 8 years for Swans and only two years for Dogs. So these three examples are ridiculous.

Lets try comparing apples with apples.

How do the Swans fit Swan, Pendles, Daisy, Cloke, OBrien, Jolly etc.... In their cap?

We will trade them Craig Bird.

Should free up 42.7 million using the rough calculators and guides to what our players are being paid from all the experts here in this thread. Going on the our club is full of champions vibe inherent in every second post here Bird is worth roughly 3 top ten picks as well given he is just average Sydney player.

He should cover those you named.

Such is the way we roll.

I didn't say in a salary cap expense. You don't think spending extra money on the football department including more coaches , support staff and facilities also effects equalisation

Public appearance monies

So the Magpies should feel guilty for being successful, and using the club's success and connections to the advantage of their players. Right.

And just think, if you actually cared when it was happening to a non Vic side this may not have happened. Gunston played well on Saturday....

We got Gunston under the same cap as you, just like you did with Jarman and Hall.

I think it would end up in court with the Swans winning. You can't change the rules of the game after the fact.

Yes you can. They did it with Brisbane. Hell, they did it with Sydney as it used to be 15% for them. And, they've already told Sydney they're reviewing it and any arrangement will have to be in consideration of the COLA being less or altogether gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back