Review Bulldogs belt Crows 85 - 40

Remove this Banner Ad

We just keep racking up the wins.

Only negatives from today we’re our goal kicking and JJ’s injury.

Have to give credit to our players and coaches - after the first two rounds I was very worried about us, but we have turned it around big time.

Cant stand the Crows either, good to beat them.

Let’s keep on keeping on.

I hate to say it but I don’t think Bonts body will allow him to do what he’s done so far this year for a full season, we needed him after our start and he stood up and got us on track, but we need to dampen his role over the next 12 weeks and help him out abit. The only way we win the flag this year is with Bont in round 1-8 form in the finals - and I don’t think his body will allow that unless we start taking some pressure off him. The bloke is beat up, he’s a battering ram at his best and he’s just not built for that 😢

Ballarat and ugly games go hand in hand - 45 point win, keeping the oppo to only 40 and probably should've won by 80+.

Annoying that JJ got injured, it's an area we have a fair chunk of depth in, but still frustrating. What happened the year the last time JJ did a significant hamstring injury though?

wow just woke up ( game was in the wee hours here) cant believe we kept them to 40 pts
Well done doggies time for coffee and replay
GO DOGS
btw .. how bad did the jj injury look ?

As far as hamstring goes when you see a player grab hamstring up high on the leg it does not look good.

What sweet will you have with your coffee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English pantsed Riley O'Brien today.

O'Brien dropped his knees in to English's back all game.

2 years ago English would've turned to water.
He came out very aggressive in the 3rd quarter. Looked pissed off.

I thought Big Timmy's match showed his continual development against the huge bash n' crash types. O'Brien would have bullied him up until this year but Tim gave it right back to him all match, then destroyed him around the ground. He is close to the most valuable player in the league and I often thank the footy gods that he's ours. I now have full confidence in him against any ruckman and wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China/5 first round draft picks.

Thought Macrae showed some signs he might be getting closer to the guy we know and love. Great to see one of those deadly hook kicks from the boundary again and, as usual, he's deceptively handy in front of goals.

And very proud of Baz. We all know what he can do in his preferred position, but great to see the fierce tackling and improved disposal too, while still being very damaging on the outside. Definitely more CBAs on the horizon, even when Treloar gets back. Would love a few goals here and there also.

Richards and Liam Jones are fricken behemoths, CD is building nicely (please keep him forward - nice move, Bevo), and Dale is a slippery magician with an enduring midas touch. Doc much improved today - definitely his sort of conditions. In fact, I want to give a huge shoutout to our defence. This kind of set-up and cohesion can win flags.

I'm not gonna pretend I like playing there, and JJ wouldn't have pinged that hammy at Marvel, but it is what it is, and obviously important financially for the club, so you cop it, but what a damn shame.

Overall, we had to win and did so impressively, but please kick straight next week.

p.s. Umpiring was *ing diabolical.

p.p.s. Not sure of the stats but our pressure in the first half was the best I've seen from us in a long, long time. That kinda stuff wins flags too.

Last edited:
Looking at the fixture.... we're half a shout at top 4. Some pretty winnable games in the next 12
We should absolutely finish top 4 now, honestly our draw is wide open. 7-3 after 10 is huge considering our fixture to start with.

The only danger is probably Port & Geelong and our shit percentage, can almost lock Melbourne, Brisbane & Pies in so there’s only one spot left - but we’re better than Port, if Geelong find their best that might make it harder for the s

Underrated game by Naughton today.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He is a monster, I say this every week but he does not need to hit the scoreboard. He is a gun forgetting about goals, he is our best forward at every single part of the game - best mark, best crumber, best pressure forward - he’s a behemoth and no one has an answer how to beat him.

We need Marra to become a 60 goal forward because if he does, Naughty is gonna destroy the league as an after thought

Richards, Jones, Duryea, Dale commanded the backline. Decent Gards game, still gets nervy when exposed in certain situations and doesn't always spoil as well as he should but getting more comfortable when allowed to do what he does well. Keath not missed at all.

Good to see Macrae has such an influence, Baz is 100% a midfielder and needs to remain there, Libba doing his usual thing. And Tim took the dirty plays from O'Brien all game and just embarrassed him around the ground, really good to see him stand up to that.

Forward line is just a bit of an abomination this season. The coaches can't go out there and kick goals for them but there's issues. Not a great day or ground for it though, has to be said. Need Marra to start putting them through the middle consistently instead of putting through 5 then going quiet for the next month then repeat. Has kicked 4.10 in 7 games since Brisbane with more that haven't registered a behind. He is still a bit too fumbly at times but overall getting much better around the ground, just needs to finish off the hard work he does to present as an option. Cody still a bit of a concern, umps aren't paying legit frees to him as much as they should because of his flopping. Hats off to Scott for realising the side needs someone up there who has to be dangerous around the ground ball, and he did a good job shifting back when JJ came off also.

Percentage is going to matter a lot and we should have made up much better ground in a few of our games now. Hard to argue much with 7 out of 8 though and our defensive work has gotten heaps better.

We should absolutely finish top 4 now, honestly our draw is wide open. 7-3 after 10 is huge considering our fixture to start with.

The only danger is probably Port & Geelong and our s**t percentage, can almost lock Melbourne, Brisbane & Pies in so there’s only one spot left - but we’re better than Port, if Geelong find their best that might make it harder for the s
If we can go 2-1 in the next 3 weeks, and one of those wins is v Port, we are a good chance.

Not super worried on % currently, we’ll likely make it up against some of the bottom teams on the run home.

We've been watching the subtle shift in how we play the game in the last month or so.

We're a much more defensively sound team that we have been in recent years. Jones' return is obviously the stabilising rock that the defence is built upon. He's being ably supported by the goal kicking threat in Gradner and TO'B as the 2nd and 3rd talls. FWIW it's my preferred tall set up. But it's the work of Dale, Richards, Duryea, JJ(sigh!) aided by the wingers in Baker and Williams folding back which is enabling us to springboard off half back and into attack.

When you combine this with the manic pressure that the mids and forwards are bringing to the game. We are becoming a very difficult opponent to score against.

Our forward entries and efficiency are still a work in progress, but if we continue to deny our opponents the ball, then at some point forward cohesion will click into place. Todays inaccuracy was a bit concerning, but I'll put that down to the drizzly conditions in which the game was played. An avalanche of forward entries and 30 scoring shots isn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bulldogs belt Crows 85 - 40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back