Moved Thread Bulldogs & Kangaroos Merger - Time To Start The Negotiations

Remove this Banner Ad

Financial and on field success (or lack of it) is one thing. But imagine if you had to lose your footy club because a few suits got bored of watching it.

Our name saved Melbourne, Pratt saved Carlton and noone saved Fitzroy

Put yourself in their shoes

We all know what has happened at our own clubs etc but the plain facts are that unfortunately, a fair proportion of the Dogs & the Kangas supporters don't know of any other way of existing like they are right now.

I just cannot imagine what it would be like to follow one of these clubs year after year with their future uncertain, quite difficult financial instability and premierships being as rare as rocking horse poo.

It just isn't a pleasant way of seeing your club 'exist' and it must test the most staunch of supporters to keep going and you really have to wonder how much longer they can actually do it before they too throw in the towel.

membership wouldn't increase at all, would just result in supporters of the clubs giving up on the afl and following local footy or other sports/activities

Thing is, both of these clubs really have been 'hanging in there' for many years even though they have been pretty good onfield.

They appear (to me anyway) to be virtually making up the numbers every year, the interstate clubs have come into the competition and had more success both on and off the field than the Kangas & Dogs have at the same time.

really cos the way everyone talks you'd think that north were the only club struggling.

so im guessing you were also all for a north melbourne / carlton merger in the late 90s?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fans who wish to see the death of another club are not fans of the game at all.

The AFL should have let Carlton die in the middle part of the last decade. AFL would be better off without the corruption they bring to the game.

Fans who wish to see the death of another club are not fans of the game at all.

The AFL should have let Carlton die in the middle part of the last decade. AFL would be better off without the corruption they bring to the game.

Aaaah, another of the one-time premiership followers jumps in to defend his stablemates.

And given the off-season the Saints had, I'm not sure you're really in a position to be pointing the finger at others 'that they bring to the game'.

Hey everyone stop arguing with Shiq.

He is obviously a clever guy, who has given up a Sunday arvo with his many mates, to share his wisdom with us.

Thanks shek.

They appear (to me anyway) to be virtually making up the numbers every year, the interstate clubs have come into the competition and had more success both on and off the field than the Kangas & Dogs have at the same time.

I'll bite, but not the core of this tired troll.

West Coast is the only interstate club to have done better then North over the same period of time since entering the competition.

Interesting attempt at a new argument, though personally I don't buy the whole 'you are poor on field so therefore must die' line of thought anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Bulldogs & Kangaroos Merger - Time To Start The Negotiations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back