2010 AFL club profits:

OPERATING PROFIT*
North Melbourne $234,000
Carlton $125,000
* not including government grants

When business fails, time to shut the business down. Bye Bye Carltank :thumbsu:

Thanx Lemons :thumbsu:

How's the YELLOW SNOW taste now Sheik?? :D OWNED by a Saints fan!! :thumbsu:

I just cannot imagine what it would be like to follow one of these clubs year after year with their future uncertain, quite difficult financial instability and premierships being as rare as rocking horse poo.

It just isn't a pleasant way of seeing your club 'exist' and it must test the most staunch of supporters to keep going and you really have to wonder how much longer they can actually do it before they too throw in the towel.

What, and following some merged, corporate-driven, soulless entity would be somehow better? Get a grip.

and thats why leicester city are in the championship.
if we go by that logic st kilda should just go play in the vfl.
better?

I fail to see how finishing top 2 in the main league for the past 2 seasons would warrant a relegation into the VFL. Please enlighten me.

And by your logic, being unsuccessful means you should automatically fold. Death to Leicester if we go with your logic in AFL.

Carlton - 16 premierships & 3 spoons
North - 4 premierships & 13 spoons
Saints - 1 premiership & 26 spoons

its called the AFL now ********.

Carlton have won one premiership in it, north have more than you in the AFL.

its not a glorified extended VFL anymore, its a national comp champ. you also have more wooden spoons that north and the western bulldogs in the AFL

It doesn't really bother me if you think that we should merge. However you really should save your terrible troll attempts for the Bay, that is what it is here for.

Why is it that my view may not not bother you but you can then classify it as a troll attempt ??

Let me state quite clearly, I did not start this thread to wind up people like yourself (although given the sensitive nature of the topic it is bound to be skewed that way), it is my genuine opinion and belief that the best thing for both clubs concerned going forward is for them to merge.

I also don't believe it would be a one-off too, there is a distinct possibility of another merger later down the track as I have always believed that there are too many Melbourne-based clubs.

Please supply both club's total number of premierships & wooden spoons over their history .................

you are a low life , a shit stirrer and need to get a life !

I would rather support my team any day than support your cheating, arrogant club who has bought the majority of yr 16 premierships over the years and stolen and bought players from the poorer clubs !!

you are a disgrace to this forum !

Financial and on field success (or lack of it) is one thing. But imagine if you had to lose your footy club because a few suits got bored of watching it.

Our name saved Melbourne, Pratt saved Carlton and noone saved Fitzroy

Put yourself in their shoes

exactly. the bigger clubs should be supporting the smaller clubs. otherwise we will end up with a league full of manafactured teams such as the gold coast and west sydney. i can't see why any true footy fan would want to destroy history and part of our game.

2010 AFL club profits:

OPERATING PROFIT*
Hawthorn $2.2 million
St Kilda $1.7 million
Essendon $1.52 million
Geelong $1.3 million
Western Bulldogs $1 million
Collingwood $1 million
Richmond $759,000
Melbourne $724,000
North Melbourne $234,000
Carlton $125,000
* not including government grants

When business fails, time to shut the business down. Bye Bye Carltank :thumbsu:

I think sheik just got owned :thumbsu:
Go back to bay thirteen ya flog!

its not a glorified extended VFL anymore, its a national comp champ. you also have more wooden spoons that north and the western bulldogs in the AFL

Are you saying that we should now start the counting from 1990 when the AFL officially emerged ??

So the Tigers 7 premierships are just nothing to talk about ever again then ???

I fail to see how finishing top 2 in the main league for the past 2 seasons would warrant a relegation into the VFL. Please enlighten me.

And by your logic, being unsuccessful means you should automatically fold. Death to Leicester if we go with your logic in AFL.

your shithouse club could finish 1st on the ladder by 40 points, they would still fail when it all counts.
Leicester deserve to be in the chamipionship. lets go with your logic and say st kilda should just be relegated to the vfl. happier?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it that my view may not not bother you but you can then classify it as a troll attempt ??

Let me state quite clearly, I did not start this thread to wind up people like yourself (although given the sensitive nature of the topic it is bound to be skewed that way), it is my genuine opinion and belief that the best thing for both clubs concerned going forward is for them to merge.

I also don't believe it would be a one-off too, there is a distinct possibility of another merger later down the track as I have always believed that there are too many Melbourne-based clubs.

So you can see how the sensitive nature of the topic can wind people up but you can't see why people are calling you a troll?

If I must simplify it for you, it doesn't bother me because there are thousands of dimwitted fans on here that say all kinds of things. I have learnt to ignore most of it. I don't see how that influences the intention of the thread...

If you want to stimulate talk of a merge without deliberately inciting particular supporters then you could have just created a generic thread.

are you kidding me? don't start that rubbish...*looks at location*..."perth" My mistake, continue thinking that.....:rolleyes:

The BigFooty Apprentice has spoken !!!
Is that really your best comeback? Because you've been here longer that automatically makes your opinion more valid than mine? Mate your a ****ing idiot! Yes I can use that language cos this thread is now in its worthy place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Bulldogs & Kangaroos Merger - Time To Start The Negotiations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back