Review Bulldogs scrap a 39 point win over GWS - Rd 6 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So if a shoulder slips out, gets popped back in and slips out within the space of about 5-10 minutes then the shoulder needs a reconstruction because otherwise it'll keep on happening. Reconstructions are typically 6-9 months

Maybe we can strap up his other shoulder for finals - it can be Jongy's contribution to the flag chase

Stef martin really opened things up for us in the last quarter. What a pick up.
Stef martin really opened things up for us in the last quarter. What a pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is NOT a call for Martin to be dropped but I was disappointed in his game. English was poor tonight as has been mentioned but I thought Martin had a directionless night tap wise. Given GWS injuries to ruckmen I expected our rucks to be much more dominant. Interested how others saw it.

Tom Browne just said on sunrise English had a fractured jaw.
I certainly hope not
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. A knee like that would generally break it.

Gad that was a flat game. You get an in indication of energy when the players sing the song after the game, and that was the flattest song I've ever heard

Tom Browne just said on sunrise English had a fractured jaw.
I certainly hope not

You lost me at Browne. Loves a headline, whether it’s true or not. Bet he’s looked at the vision and thought fractured jaw and if it’s not, he’ll say something like ‘early reports indicated a suspected fractured jaw’ to weasel out of it.

Not sure why we sent Dunkley out again
Game was in the bag
Sorry about laughing at that post it was re the bit about the game being in the bag but it was shit about Dunkley

You lost me at Browne. Loves a headline, whether it’s true or not. Bet he’s looked at the vision and thought fractured jaw and if it’s not, he’ll say something like ‘early reports indicated a suspected fractured jaw’ to weasel out of it.

Has form going early guessing what scan results will be.

Margin has nothing to do with it.

If a player is BoG, then he's BoG. No matter who he plays for, no matter who won or by how much.

Yeah agree but that was an additional point when comparing to Macrae you get 40 touches, kick a goal, clearly best player for a team that wins by 39 points you are best on ground when compared to someone on losing team who kicks four and has reasonable impact on the game. My point was just another example of Cooney's hate of the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a team matures you get more and more of these boring 30-40 point wins that you just bank and roll on to next week. The excitement isn’t there because you just get a sense that although it was close, we would just pull away at some stage.

Injuries become the focus but are inevitable as they were for us in 2016 and tiggers over the last few years. It just creates opportunities for the team up to a point. It may force the coaches to try something new.

Being 6-0 gives us some breathing space and with an even return from here on in we can set ourselves for finals from a long way out with injury management and structural changes.

I’m very happy after last nights game all being equal.

Kudos to Easton Wood and his treatment of the cane toad Toby too.

Yes, but we still ended up winning by 39 points. Did you see Bevo ripping in to a few players post-match? Plenty of negatives but many vital lessons learned and just the sort of game we needed in preparation for the Tigers' game next Friday.
I can focus on the negatives even though we still won.

Naughts marking is flipping amazing but for the love of god, can someone remind him he is left footed and therefore shouldn’t U-Turn play-on to his right side every time he marks it 65m out? If you’re going to do it, at least go left son. PLEASE.

FYI I like that he’s moving it quickly and trying to catch the oppo out of position but would just be great if he went to his strong side and could actually give himself space to dispose.

Dunkley going back on is an interesting discussion point. Club medical staff do it for a living and are very experienced in what they do. How much say do you think the player has in the decision to go back on? I’m going to hazard a guess that there are a range of tests that are done in the rooms with things like dislocated shoulders to test severity and stability. I’m sure there have been instances where players have had them popped back in and gone on with the game.

good gritty win.

my musings:

Macrae's disposal has improved out of sight, so damaging now.

Treloar (what a last quarter), Libba, Dale, Keith great

im not a Scott fan, but i thought it was his best game, very few errors

McNeil, if someone needs to be managed, why would you make him sub, did ok though

i would have suggested Schache for English even if he wasnt injured, one of his more passive games

Vandermeer keeps messing up his disposal, borderline for me

Was Cordy always that slow?

Dunkley going back on is an interesting discussion point. Club medical staff do it for a living and are very experienced in what they do. How much say do you think the player has in the decision to go back on? I’m going to hazard a guess that there are a range of tests that are done in the rooms with things like dislocated shoulders to test severity and stability. I’m sure there have been instances where players have had them popped back in and gone on with the game.

Pretty sure strapping would have made zero difference but happy to be corrected.

Really disappointed about Dunkley. He has been great this year after a terrible (and misguided) off-season. I've noticed a fantastic and developing working relationship between him and Treloar. They look out for each other. I think the arrival of Treloar has actually made Dunkley and has put paid to him going to another club. If the injury is as bad as it seems, it has put on hold a lethal combination that would have only got better as the year went on.

Reiwoldt post game on Fox suggested that GWS and others should tag Macrae because he wasn't sure Macca would like or could cope with physical attention:think:
I'm not sure how long Nick has been watching Jack or perhaps his eyes are painted on.
Otherwise I generally enjoy/appreciate his observations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bulldogs scrap a 39 point win over GWS - Rd 6 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back