Bushrangers guaranteed place in Pura Cup Final

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

The draw in the QLD/NSW match has left Victoria 14 points clear of the third placed team, who only have two matches left.

Excellent result for a squad who most here dismissed as a rabble (hi DaveW ;) ) before the season started.

Now to ensure a home final, preferably against Tasmania.

Points against SA in the return Pura Cup game at the MCG will secure a home final.

Vics play Tassy in the last two games. It will be interesting if its close between Tassy and QLD for the final spot if the Vics just let Tassy get the points.

I think I know who they would want to play out of Tassy (a side Greg Shipperd coached for the best part of ten years) or QLD (a side who depending on Aus selections could include Maher, Simmonds, Love, Bichel Kasperwitch as well as Law, Noffkee, Seccombe and Hauritz)

We'd definitely prefer Tassie, but there is no chance in hell of us lying down.

David Hookes installed a belief in these guys, a belief that they are the best in the land and a belief that if they play their natural games, they will win more often than not.

Originally posted by Russian
Getting ahead of yourself, if Tassie beat WA they're within 4 points of the Vics who will have an extra game to play.

Tasmania won't win outright in their match, we both know that.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Tasmania won't win outright in their match, we both know that.
4/345 after day 1 with no real batsmen to come? Bit early to say they can't win outright when they have an attack of Watson, Wright and Denton all with season averages under 30 and WA have a bowling attack who's best bowler playing (in terms of averages) is Worthington at 28.25.

Remember this game in November?
NSW 453/5d & 208/8d
Tas 276 & 386/4

Getting ahead of yourself, if Tassie beat WA they're within 4 points of the Vics who will have an extra game to play.
Vics will have a game in hand. Victoria 32 points from 7 games, Tassy 22 points and playing their 8th game.

Tassy's last two games are against Victoria so they will be big games for both side. The last game of the season could be replayed in the Final.

Originally posted by evfenton78
Vics will have a game in hand. Victoria 32 points from 7 games, Tassy 22 points and playing their 8th game.

Tassy's last two games are against Victoria so they will be big games for both side. The last game of the season could be replayed in the Final.
True but back to your original statement, if Tassie and Victoria both win their 8th games, the gap will still be 10 points which can be overhauled in the last 2 games against each other.

4/345 after day 1 with no real batsmen to come?

I know you're looking for any straw to clutch in regards to Victoria playing in the final, but be serious mate.

The odds of Tasmania being able to win from this position are quite long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope they've booked the G boys, because we be hosting the final.

May it be a road.

Originally posted by EagleBlue
If thats the case, they have already secured a home final !!!!

I'd be disappointed if we can't take away at least 2 points tomorrow.

Having said that, whoever bats first tomorrow will have a massive advantage, given the weather forecast.

38c in the shade

geez, bat for 2 days and we could bowl twice in three sessions...

murder.

still it wouldn't be comfortable for the batsmen either, if they do make a glass top, the sun would reflect back up on the batsmen, and it would be torture pit.

extra drinks breaks and icevests at lunch and tea!

boof is gonna suffer:D

It's official boys and girls, March 12-16 at the G.

I can imagine a few people are sampling copious amounts of humble pie.

Beautifully done Vics.

Now I have had a brainwave that could boost attendances for the match.

Should it become apparent that on the Saturday night of the match that the Wizard Cup Final is to be played at Telstra Dome, those who have a ticket to watch the Wizard Cup Final, also get access at a cheaper rate to the Pura Cup Final on that Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bushrangers guaranteed place in Pura Cup Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back