Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Alright everyone here's your chance to say on who'll be C Section Premiers, the final ladder, the biggest improvers (and disappointments) of the 2008 season in C Section.

My ladder for C Section for 2008:

Rupertswood
Ormond
Hampton Rovers
AJAX

Oakleigh
Whitefriars
Mazenod
Parkdale
Monash
MHSOB

Hampton Rovers to reverse the D Section Grand Final embarassment by defeating Rupertswood in a very close Grand Final.

great " c" grade comp comming up in 2008.

rupertswood
ajax
ormond
mazenod

whitefriars
hampton rovers
oakleigh
mhsob
parkdale
monash - there is no reds or nobs this year, they will not escape the drop.

Ajax
Rupertswood
Ormond
Mazenod

Whitefriars
Oakleigh
MHSOB
Parkdale
Rovers
Monash

Jackas stiff to come back down this year, from all reports Rupo the new "Blacks" of the ammos.

I think most sides would see 2008 as a huge opportunity. Alot will depend upon pre-season as last year sides were extremely disadvantaged with sub-standard pre-seasons due to ground conditions. Mazenod impressed me greatly last year , I have to say i am very surprised by Ormond's change of coach, to me they were on the verge of something in spite of some undisciplined efforts. Whitefriars have shown faith in their coaching team and that is a credit to this club, it is very easy to blame the coach. Parkdale are an interesting conundrum, have great heart and a strong us against them culture. They would see 2007 as alot of missed opportunity and would feel strongly they can match it with most sides. Monash would see 2008 as a year also to improve, lucky probably not to be relegated and could re-group strongly
Can't speak for the others, Rupo need to build on their season it was a good one, i suspect the boys will, and have unfinished business. Will be the hunted in a sense so they will have to deal with this.
All in all i cant wait again for 2008.

I think the teams to look out for in '08 will be Rupertswood, Ormond (especially now that Russell Barnes has returned 'home' to coach his old side) , Hampton Rovers (beware of teams that are humiliated in a grand final, they bounce back hard the following year-Old Xavs a good example) Oakleigh, and Mazenod.

I think the teams to look out for in '08 will be Rupertswood, Ormond (especially now that Russell Barnes has returned 'home' to coach his old side) , Hampton Rovers (beware of teams that are humiliated in a grand final, they bounce back hard the following year-Old Xavs a good example) Oakleigh, and Mazenod.

Nothing like sitting on the fence hey Jase, come on mate you've picked 5 out of the 10 to watch out for!

Rupo vs Oakleigh for mine, the rest are mere numbers i'm afraid. Ormond will go backwards without Mathews, big mistake!

Yes, but having one of the great legends of Ormond in Russell Barnes return back to the club that made him a legend of VAFA football would be a enormous boost of confidence to Ormond.

I think most sides would see 2008 as a huge opportunity. Alot will depend upon pre-season as last year sides were extremely disadvantaged with sub-standard pre-seasons due to ground conditions. Mazenod impressed me greatly last year , I have to say i am very surprised by Ormond's change of coach, to me they were on the verge of something in spite of some undisciplined efforts. Whitefriars have shown faith in their coaching team and that is a credit to this club, it is very easy to blame the coach. Parkdale are an interesting conundrum, have great heart and a strong us against them culture. They would see 2007 as alot of missed opportunity and would feel strongly they can match it with most sides. Monash would see 2008 as a year also to improve, lucky probably not to be relegated and could re-group strongly
Can't speak for the others, Rupo need to build on their season it was a good one, i suspect the boys will, and have unfinished business. Will be the hunted in a sense so they will have to deal with this.
All in all i cant wait again for 2008.

KB hope that the off season is treating you well and that you're still enjoying those Blondes!

Your guys were terrific this year and will start raging favourites which will mean that they will be hunted from the start which will be an interesting challenge as they have no doubt been the hunters on their journey through the grades! Certainly the game I saw your lads play against the Friars was impressive I liked their style lots of run. I would also expect that Ajax will be right there which probably takes 2 positions in the top 4! I think Mazenod will also be right up there as they are a well organised team and seemed to play a cohesive brand of footy without too many stars, their achilles heel however may be lack of talls at either end of the ground. Ormond had a good finish but I think they may be suspect on a big fast track. Don't know anything about the D grade combatives but it would be hard to see them making as much of an impact as last years D graders OC & Rupo. Having said that they will both command respect! Our boys will be a year older and if we can pick up some onballers to get it to our marking forwards we will be ok, depth last year however was a problem, I believe that there are a few o/s players returning to the fold which will hopefully help this. Parky, Monash & the High School will make up the rest. My prediction:

Rupertswood
AJAX
Mazenod
Whitefriars

Ormond
Oakleigh
Hampton
Parkdale
MHSOB
Monash

I think that 3-8 is a raffle with any of those teams making the 4th position, but I'll tip our boys on the basis of some (fingers crossed) good recruiting over summer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rupo and Jackas by the length of the flemington straight. Two proud clubs clearly above the rest. Nods and Friars to make up the numbers.

A the other end - hampton to struggle to win a game (#$#$ weak when it counted) and MHSOB. Monash and Vultures to win just enough to stay up.

Sorry Jas - nothing personal mate! You just need to face facts pal!

Anything could happen between now and April 12. The thing about VAFA football over the years is that one club might be all the rage and possibly the top pick for the premiership (regardless of what section it's in) yet come the start of the season things change dramatically. So, yes while AJAX and Rupertswood might be the top choices for the C Section flag in '08, we'll get a better idea come Round 9 where these two clubs (and everyone else) are at.

What will the betting market look like for those who want to take a punt on the 2008 C Section premiership?

I still think that the Rovers will win C Section, however it depends on two things: 1) how well they recruit new players to the club;and 2) would they get over the D1 Grand Final humilation from Oakleigh.

I still think that the Rovers will win C Section, however it depends on two things: 1) how well they recruit new players to the club;and 2) would they get over the D1 Grand Final humilation from Oakleigh.
you're kidding yourself aren't you Jas? It is one thing to be confident, but another to make that statement, even with qualifiers. Do you remember the gulf between C and D grade?

Hampton have a real chance ..................

thats if their supporters and 2s players collaborate striking allegations on the eve of finals, trying to rub out players who weren't even involved

Doesnt matter though. They love getting enihalated in the big one. lest we forget!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back