• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont write off the young krushers just yet.

3 senior premierships in 4 years lets we forget

Yes Rupo should be the benchmark but correct me if im wrong are perrenial bridesmaids having also gone up 3 grades in 4 years without a flag

Jackas are the softiest team i have every played all hang out no heart i would expect them to finish mid table your 2,3,4 and 5 teams to hard to strong for any jackas outfit, boys you can round around caulfield park 1000 times but really you should buy a few frozen hearts. Tough but fair please leave your thoughts.

Regardless of the Jackas perceived "softness" they were still fairly stiff to get relegated. If a few games went there way in '07 they would've just missed out of a finals birth. Having said this, and unsure of changes to their playing list, one can only draw to the conclusion that a drop in division would see them very competitive this year. Other teams may be harder, but a team that can run out a game won't have too much difficulty being competitive. People always like to think that the standard of footy within a section, is pretty close to the section above. Realistically with the exception of the top or top 2 teams the B-C gap is a lot bigger than you give credit for.

It is interesting to see that everyont has the grade down to 3-4 teams, and we are still in November. Long time to go before the season starts.
Ruperstwood? Oakleigh? Ajax? Ormond? Is this the only 4 teams that are in C Grade?
I thought there were 10 teams, and funnily enough, right at this point in time, each of them probably has about the same chance of winning the flag in 2008 as the next one. Who knows what some of the clubs may be doing?
Whitefriars were in A Grade only 3 years ago, and i am sure are not that far away.
Mazenod have been ther eand done that too. Have we forgotten them?
Never right off a team like MHSOB or they may come up and bite.
Monash Blues? University teams do throw up some pretty amazing years if the right talent turns up to play.

Lets not get too bogged down yet, we are still over 4 months away, and i am sure most teams have only recently started training. If you want to blow your own trumpet, sit at the pub and do it. You are merely wasting time by posting on here, as it puts in writing evidence that can be used against you when your team FAILS in season 2008.

Seriously, get on with it boys, and talk the talk during the season, when you can actually walk the walk to back it up. Stop wasting everyone's time with useless drivel!!!

Guess we'd better shut the whole BF site down then eh?

Re-open the AFL stuff in late March and the other leagues in mid April.

See you all then. :rolleyes:

Lets not get too bogged down yet, we are still over 4 months away, and i am sure most teams have only recently started training. If you want to blow your own trumpet, sit at the pub and do it. You are merely wasting time by posting on here, as it puts in writing evidence that can be used against you when your team FAILS in season 2008.

Seriously, get on with it boys, and talk the talk during the season, when you can actually walk the walk to back it up. Stop wasting everyone's time with useless drivel!!!
Useless drivel :confused::confused:
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this exactly what everyone wants?
As an example there was no better moment than after the B Section second semi when OE choked after a great pre-season of talking themselves up. (probably not for OE supporters)
Personally, i'd rather sink pi$$ at the pub and i'd rather hear people talking up their team on big footy.

Apparently we can't talk about footy on Big Footy anymore so here goes....
  • How does everyone think the Aussies will go in the cricket this year? Do you thinks many players will go to the IPL?
  • Hows about the Melbourne Victory at the moment what a rabble? No Fred No Victory!
  • Should Brad Hodge get another crack at the aussie team?
  • Melbourne Tigers doing OK at the moment. Go the NBL!
Wasn't this thread started by a poll of who is going to win the flag this year? What else are we supposed to talk about at this time of the year?:D

Apparently we can't talk about footy on Big Footy anymore so here goes....
  • How does everyone think the Aussies will go in the cricket this year? Do you thinks many players will go to the IPL?
  • Hows about the Melbourne Victory at the moment what a rabble? No Fred No Victory!
  • Should Brad Hodge get another crack at the aussie team?
  • Melbourne Tigers doing OK at the moment. Go the NBL!
Wasn't this thread started by a poll of who is going to win the flag this year? What else are we supposed to talk about at this time of the year?:D

They've lost their last 4. Hardly would've thought they're doing ok???

FYI, the fixtures for C Section in 2008 has been released.

Games to watch out for include:

Round 1-Hampton Rovers v Oakleigh: How will the Rovers respond to last year's D1 Grand Final humiliation to Oakleigh.

Round 1-Ormond v Mazenod-Russell Barnes returns home to coach his old club against the Nodders.

Round 2-Oakleigh v Ormond: Oakleigh unfurl their 2007 premiership flag when they play Ormond.

Round 5, Rivalry Round-Hampton Rovers v Ormond: Two of the most successful district clubs meet as part of Australian Football's 150th Anniversary.

Round 8-Hampton Rovers v AJAX: No love lost between these two clubs whenever they meet.

Round 9-Rupertswood v Oakleigh: A likely C Section Grand Final preview.

For the full VAFA fixture, go to www.vafa.com.au.

Jason, no grand final preview in rd 9.

Oakleigh will not play finals let alone be moving to " B" grade in season 2009.

There is no way that oakleigh / hampton were as good as carey ( one of the best D grade sides ever to grace the park ) or rupertswood moving up to c grade this year and the results proved just how good both sides were with them being involved in one of the best pre lims ever at vafa level.

Ormond have signed Matty Robbins, to add to what was already a very very good unit, that will fill a finals spot, Ajax won 6 games in " b " grade this year and cuold have a case of staying there, you would think that will be good enough to get a finals spot, rupo lost the prelim by 4pts, you would think they will hold a finals spot, and the nodders while started slow won thier last 12 games or something like that to make finals, have a very good even side that will again be very hard to beat,

There will be noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oakleigh in finals 2008.

Jason, no grand final preview in rd 9.

Oakleigh will not play finals let alone be moving to " B" grade in season 2009.

There is no way that oakleigh / hampton were as good as carey ( one of the best D grade sides ever to grace the park ) or rupertswood moving up to c grade this year and the results proved just how good both sides were with them being involved in one of the best pre lims ever at vafa level.

Ormond have signed Matty Robbins, to add to what was already a very very good unit, that will fill a finals spot, Ajax won 6 games in " b " grade this year and cuold have a case of staying there, you would think that will be good enough to get a finals spot, rupo lost the prelim by 4pts, you would think they will hold a finals spot, and the nodders while started slow won thier last 12 games or something like that to make finals, have a very good even side that will again be very hard to beat,

There will be noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oakleigh in finals 2008.

I think that is what everyone said this year about Oakleigh going to D1 and look what happened. Much bigger ask next year you would think but wouldn't want to write them of just yet.

I think the VAFA made the right choice in choosing Hampton Rovers & Ormond to be the main drawcard for C Section in next year's rivalry round (Round 5). Not only are they the most successful district clubs as far as premierships are concerned, they also have a strong rivalry, which goes back as far as the 1951 A Section premiership play-off, where Hampton Rovers, who with one game remaining in the home & away season were not even a chance to make the finals, stunned Ormond by winning the premiership (some Ormond old-timers have still not got over that result, even when Ormond won multiple A Section premierships). It got too much for the Ormond trainer who slapped the umpire across the face with his towel and copped a 12 month suspension. Add to this is the fact that Russell Barnes used to play at Ormond, then he coached Hampton Rovers for 3 years, the highlight being the 1998 premiership. Next year, Russell Barnes will coach Ormond in what looks to be, on paper one of the games of the season in C Section.

My feel for Rupo at this point is this. Given we get every recruit and hold on to all our players with natural improvement we will be an 8-10 goal better side. At the other end of the scale with players trying out at VFL level, players being lured for dollars and players unable to commit for passionate reasons worst case scenario we would be 5 goals worse, in that there is a 13-15 goal difference in possibilities. The challenge for most sides is now with obstensibly (Jack do you like that one), with the coaches and administration. Look at what the 2 OC's achieved. N.Holland with the help of that tall prick of an umpire kicked 8, could have kicked 11, didn't play till round 14 was a great pick up and really helped OC2 to b division. No problems with them having the ability to pick up such great players. Can't wait till 2008.

Kingbrown, if your first point about Rupertswood holding onto their players and adding a couple comes true, that would be quite scary for every other side in c section this year, they could quite easily go the season without dropping a game,

The other point you mention is that you have several at VFL clubs ?

Who are they and what chance do you give them of making the list ?

And how many of your young up and comming guns are being lured away for the coinn ?

Could make things very interesting if Ruperstwood do lose several of their key young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of all the dynamics of where all of our players are at. My point is that to speculate at this time of the year is fun but it is also futile. At some point next year i am sure we will welcome back Dave Collins, Jay Plummer, Daniel Burrowes, Eric Dressler, Scott Nettleton and hopefully a fitter Luke Spinner among many others. This may offset things a bit overall. Each year we have had players trying out with VFL clubs as we probably do this year, i would not have a clue on there situation of making a list, but one thing for sure they come back very fit. By late Feb we should have a good indication of the strength of our list, which will vary depending on players situations.

done a little research KB, and you have listed 6 players that have played h TAC cup footy or A grade ammos' footy or both.

Collins, your captain and going through several posts from this years c grade thread, that would be a great get comming back from his knee - hope all goes well, dressler ??? played vic rep footy while at the cannons ? burrows, played cannons and a year at bearnards ? not mention luke spinner,

KIng brown, get in the line to collect your medal son,

All one way traffic in " c grade "

Methinks AJAX -v- Rupo would be an exciting, hard running encounter befitting of top billing at this very early stage.

Should be happy times ahead for the C section crew.

Here's hoping the summer is a bit wetter so that no club is disadvantaged through lack of access to grounds during Jan-March.

How are the Nodders going guys? have been out of the loop for a couple of months. Any interesting off season moves?

Round 1-Hampton Rovers v Oakleigh: How will the Rovers respond to last year's D1 Grand Final humiliation to Oakleigh.

Round 1-Ormond v Mazenod-Russell Barnes returns home to coach his old club against the Nodders.

Round 2-Oakleigh v Ormond: Oakleigh unfurl their 2007 premiership flag when they play Ormond.

Round 5, Rivalry Round-Hampton Rovers v Ormond: Two of the most successful district clubs meet as part of Australian Football's 150th Anniversary.

Round 8-Hampton Rovers v AJAX: No love lost between these two clubs whenever they meet.

Round 9-Rupertswood v Oakleigh: A likely C Section Grand Final preview.

For the full VAFA fixture, go to www.vafa.com.au.
Jase is your favourite word "humiliation"? Outrrrrraaaaaagggggggeeeeeous!

Not great.

Well after such an enjoyable year on the hill I for one am looking forward to another interesting season. Deck chairs have been steam cleaned, scarves washed and the tonsils lubricated. Pity any side that travels out to the hell hole at Rupo next season as they have recruited magnificently.
And that is only the supporter base. Go Eagles!!!

How are the Nodders going guys? have been out of the loop for a couple of months. Any interesting off season moves?

The nodders as expected keep a low profile and won't see a heap of spruicking. If i lived on that side of town i would love to be at that club. Mind you Monash's ground would be a definite lure, good club and the ground is the best surface in Amateur footy, not that i have seen them all. Nodders ground is also a beauty. Seasons greetings to all and already cant wait for 2008.

Also Jas, Barnes coached Hampton to a grand final (premiership??) in 90's??

Ultimate Hater .. mate you are becoming 1 pain in the arse poster - chill out man as other poster are walking away with the crap you load on other posters.

Yes, the 1998 premiership when the Rovers played Beaumaris. You all know my thoughts are about this match so no need to go through it again. Yet it still amazes me as to why Russell Barnes was overlooked for the State coaching job, when the VAFA gave the job to Nick Bourke (now VAFA president). Did the VAFA not take into account Barnesy's coaching performance, especially since the Rovers went from virtual relegation to premiers in 1 year in a very tough section?

KB, by coincidence i bumped into the Z-Man on the powder white slopes of Switzerland and he is keen to board his way back to the Roo-Roo-Roo-Pee train and lead them toward a much desired flag. Since the "Z" has been gone, the place has felt a little colder, a little less inviting and a little less egg-Ziting.
With Nip Nip Hatty's committed to O/S duties they have lost a forward, but the prospects of 'Hansel' Clarke returning are good. It is also rumoured that Luke 'Garrison' Harrison will finally return to take the number 9 guernsey he so proudly wore long ago.
Also, Dave 'Crum Diddy' Keenan has shaken off the knee soreness and is ready, sauced, fluent in jibberish and fired up to tear apart C section 2008. He has also managed to score a tan (AKA: more freckles)
The last update is K (now) 'Muscles' McTrewin who has put on at least 45kgs in the off season and can practically bench press a mack truck.
Go C Grade 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back