• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tough win by the 'Monds yesterday. Only 5-10pts in an arm wrestle for most of the game in the pouring rain at the Gunn, but a 3 goal to 1 3rd qtr proved to be a difference.

Some key inclusions this week really helped, Robbins was a class act up forward with some excellent work, but last years U/19 B&F Simon Te Hennepe, the youngest of the 3 brothers was a clear standout for us.

Big game next week against the Jackas, a win here would see a break clear 2nd spot for us.

Mazal a very honest account, at all levels some players don't handle the wet as well as others. Our game was a game of two halves, we had a good first half where we were first to the footy and led by 15 pts only to see the Rovers dominate the second half as they were first to the footy and cleaner with their skills. Nearly all the Rovers were in after the games so it was disappointing to see only a few of our blokes, so apologies to the Rovers. One of the players had his 21st (another one off "P" Plates), but it is only 1/2 hour.
We are in a difficult position that is for sure, we are short of the mark at the moment in a terrific competition. Any result is possible at the minute.

Hi KB. Is it a tougher level this year (C Grade) or have Rupo slipped a little? Would be interested in your thoughts in comparison to teams like OC x 2 vs what you are coming up against in C Grade in 08. Good luck for the remainder.

Round 7 tips

MONASH by 3pts
HAMPTON by 34
RUPERTSWOOD by 26
AJAX/ORMOND DRAW
OAKLEIGH by 44

Round 7 ladder

HAMPTON 7-0 28pts
ORMOND 4-2-1 18pts
OAKLEIGH 4-3 16pts
MONASH 4-3 16pts

AJAX 3-3-1 14pts
MHSOB 3-3-1 14pts
PARKDALE 3-4 12pts
MAZENOD 3-4 12pts
RUPERTSWOOD 2-4-1 10pts
WHITEFRIARS 0-7

Every C Section Teams W/l/d Ratios So Far

Hampton wwwwww
Oakleigh lwlwlw
Ormond wlwwlw
Mazenod lwllww
Parkdale wlllww
Rupertswood lwlldl
Mhsob lwwwdl
Monash wlwwll
Ajax wlwlwl
Whitefriars llllll

DG Man i saw Whitefriars against Ormond and i thought Whitefriars were better than last year, they haven,t won a game. Monash, Parkdale and Ormond have all improved. Last year we had alot less injury at this time of year, we have lost personell who i have previously mentioned, yes we have slipped, but with a full compliment of players we would be better., as all sides would.The competition is far more even this year, i feel though the side we had last year would be right up there in this competition. Perhaps we need Geeves to be a guest speaker at some stage for some motivation.

A wet day on Saturday and what do you know. Ajax and Rupertswood both get beaten. No surprises there when you haven't got anyone who puts their head over the ball.

Yippa which game did you watch on the weekend. Any reports?

Agree a bit with Bigwilly here. A few soft teams in C in 08. Parkdale could also Toughen the FU from what i have seen in earlier rounds. They used to be known for hardness. A shame!

A wet day on Saturday and what do you know. Ajax and Rupertswood both get beaten. No surprises there when you haven't got anyone who puts their head over the ball.

Yippa which game did you watch on the weekend. Any reports?

Yeah good Willy, take the soft and easy option. From my view AJAX have improved in this area and don't lack much in the in and under stakes. Try and give us something decent will you?

Agree a bit with Bigwilly here. A few soft teams in C in 08. Parkdale could also Toughen the FU from what i have seen in earlier rounds. They used to be known for hardness. A shame!
Monkeyboy, interested to know what game parkdale were soft and where you think what department they have lost their hardness? Bigwilly was at parkdale's game at bulleen and wish i had've stayed home. Boring game and parkdale tore whitefriars apart with a big 3rd qtr. Probably worst coaching performance i've seen this year, why the whitefriars coach insisted that his players try and handball and switch as much as possible in the trying conditions. Parkdale just banged it forward and got a lot of goals from just overcrowding their backkline.

You continue on your small willy ways. We had a crack, we were not good enough, not because of anything other than they run around with a better team.

Monkey, if you are suggesting we are in the bracket i am surprised. You know we have a crack, you know we are small. We are currently undermanned, have heaps missing, we are inconsistent in our performance, i will admit that, but we are possibly younger than we have ever been, i am not putting that up as an excuse. As i said we are short of the mark, we lost to the top side after leading at the main change. We can make no predictions at Rupo, because when anything looks like looking up we get kicked in the guts at the moment in 2008.
"C" Grade i repeat is a great competition in 2008. Go Rupo!!!!

You continue on your small willy ways. We had a crack, we were not good enough, not because of anything other than they run around with a better team.

Monkey, if you are suggesting we are in the bracket i am surprised. You know we have a crack, you know we are small. We are currently undermanned, have heaps missing, we are inconsistent in our performance, i will admit that, but we are possibly younger than we have ever been, i am not putting that up as an excuse. As i said we are short of the mark, we lost to the top side after leading at the main change. We can make no predictions at Rupo, because when anything looks like looking up we get kicked in the guts at the moment in 2008.
Kb monkeyboy is a tosser, C grade is up for grabs. Anyone who makes the four could pinch it. I must say though, i think c grade about 4 years ago was a lot stronger than it is now.

Dont have you in this bracket Senoir Brown. Saw you lead at orange time in 2 finals last year. Unlucky not to have gone up. Slight in body, but strong in mind and contest. Rate Rupo highly. Hope you finish 8th and regroup. You are on the march to A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey KB, saw big Heathy on the team sheet this week. how did that go? Is he back or just the odd game here and there.

Looks like rupo are in a bit of trouble at this point, besides the injuries and players moving on, what does the club intend to do. Would hate to see the efforts of a lot of talented players over the last 8 years go to waste.

Not having a dig by any means just interested.

Hey KB, saw big Heathy on the team sheet this week. how did that go? Is he back or just the odd game here and there.

Looks like rupo are in a bit of trouble at this point, besides the injuries and players moving on, what does the club intend to do. Would hate to see the efforts of a lot of talented players over the last 8 years go to waste.

KB will give you a more in depth answer. No appearances this year from quigley [VFL Werribee] , brennan [overseas playing cricket], gaunt [?], West[?], Temming, both [?], injuries to Collins, Monzell and others. The boys are trying but you can't replace good players. Juddy's article in "The Age" yesterday had an interesting formula for this type of circumstance. The first player to be picked as a replacement is ranked at 95% compared to the guy he's replacing, the second 90%. Keep going down the list and probably some of the replacement guys rank around 60%. Over to you KB.

No disrespect to Rupo's players, but they shouldn't be in the comp! 30kms further on from Tulla. OUTRAGEOUS!

Robbo your answer basically answers our situation. Bottom line is we have been beaten by better teams, equipped with more tall firepower and midfield depth. Other than Parkdale, who destroyed us, we have been at times competitive in games. It's hard to evaluate consistency and confidence, as with better personell these problems seem to go away. Good footy is more sustainable. As all sides we will be hoping for an improvement from the current group and also hope to pick up some important players to help our depth. Jeff played well on the weekend, but i am not clear on the future availability, i believe he is playing in several games, not sure which ones. It was great to have him back. The second half was very disappointing on Saturday as encouraging as the first half was!!!

the most shattering moment of the season for me has come already with parkdale ruckman and utility forward micky myers pulling out of nominations for the vafa c-d3 squad.

i only dream one day we will be graced with the image of the great man in a big V

Are there any reports on Friars V Parky game from saturday, best players etc .... Jack Mihocek were you there for this one, how about a report:D:D

Yes was at the game but not much to report! Thank goodness for the shelter in the Bulleen social rooms at least I didn't have to get soaked on the day. Hard to draw a line on Parky as the conditions were poor and so were our efforts in the 2nd half! Up to half time looked like we were in it but then not much resistance after that. Parky are obviously much improved on last year and were simlpy too strong for our guys. Dangerous looking forwards in 1, 2 and Rochford. The Sullivan clan are terrific players and they had a couple of young goers also.

Parky were great coming in for a beer after the game and handled themselves really well after giving us a shellacking!

Been a tough year again for the Friars and the big outs of Pawlick, Anderson & Northey have robbed the boys of any size. Combined with a horror run of injuries = disaster at the moment! However the boys are back training 2 nights at the school so hopefully some improvement to come.

From what I have seen this year and last year the competition is very even without the standouts. No easy beats (except for us at the moment) so it will be a very interesting year ahead!

KB hang in there hope that the Blondes are still ok C grade has been better for Rupo being in it they are a good club and from what I saw last year played a great style of footy.

Rd 7 Tips:

Monash v Parkdale: Toss of the coin - Parkdale 6pts
MHSOB v Hampton: Tiny ground, MH should be used to it - 17pts
Rupo v Mazenod: Good early form last week & at home - Rupo 41pts
AJAX v Ormond: Ormond looked good last week - 10pts
Oakleigh v Whitefriars: Oakleigh easy - 37pts

Rd 7 Tips:

Monash v Parkdale: Parkdale by plenty
MHSOB v Hampton: Hampton 8 out of 8
Rupo v Mazenod: Rupo Just might be finding a bit of form
AJAX v Ormond: Ajax if not raining, Ormond if its raining
Oakleigh v Whitefriars: Oakleigh danger game lwlwlw(L?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back