• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at clearances for vfl aswell and Lyall and Gravina have being released to hampton rovers from sandy. 2 more very handy pick ups.

I'd love to see Rupo win but the firepower is still missing. Expect to see a great improvement but unless the defence play out of their skins I can't see Rupo kicking a winning score.

Oakleigh won by 4-5 goals after being infront by 10 goals in the last.

Ormond on ballers couldn't get near it. Oakleigh looked very good. All credit to them

I'd love to see Rupo win but the firepower is still missing. Expect to see a great improvement but unless the defence play out of their skins I can't see Rupo kicking a winning score.

Ruppertswood turned it on after half time against Ajax today to run away with the game .. they were very determined and linked up well.... Cannot believe they lost to Parkdale last week by such a big margin after watching them today... it is a long drive home after a loss when Ruppo play as well as that.
Ajax in fairness was well below strength with at least 6-8 players to come back , but today, they were below par.

There's an old saying" a week is along time in football" It is very clear "C" Grade is open this year, with HR and Oak possibly showing they are to be reckoned with. How do you explain our turnaround? Ajax showed they could destroy sides, but we were equal to the task, a very even team effort. Ruppppppppppo will need to continue there commitment to each other to continue to be around the mark. We certainly are not carried away after our drubbing last week. Parkdale lost!!!! Mazenod are a great club, the whole deal is very confusing!!!! Go Rupo

Was a great game today by Oakleigh. Ormond come out hard and got out to a 20 point lead in the 1st 1/4, but from then on in it was Oakleigh all day. Ormond's forwards struggled and only had 5 goals up to 3/4 time.
It's now pretty clear that its a totally open league at the moment. With only hampton winning 2 from 2.
And after all the talk from Ormond about how Matty Robbins is gonna win them the flag, he had about 10 possession and kicked a couple of goals early, but did nothing for the rest of the game. Was destroyed by a bloke who came in for his first game in the seniors this year after playing ressies last week.
Maybe everyone wont be so quick to jump on the team playing Oakleigh each week, and will pay them some respect now after a huge upset today which may be a story of things to come for Oakleigh!

Was a great game today by Oakleigh. Ormond come out hard and got out to a 20 point lead in the 1st 1/4, but from then on in it was Oakleigh all day. Ormond's forwards struggled and only had 5 goals up to 3/4 time.
It's now pretty clear that its a totally open league at the moment. With only hampton winning 2 from 2.
And after all the talk from Ormond about how Matty Robbins is gonna win them the flag, he had about 10 possession and kicked a couple of goals early, but did nothing for the rest of the game. Was destroyed by a bloke who came in for his first game in the seniors this year after playing ressies last week.
Maybe everyone wont be so quick to jump on the team playing Oakleigh each week, and will pay them some respect now after a huge upset today which may be a story of things to come for Oakleigh!
Wouldn't get ahead of yourself after one win. Ormond are still a very good side. Went out to watch Parkdale turn in a very ordinary performance against a well disciplined mazenod outfit. Dunne at chf for the nodders is a gun but rochford was equally impressive for us. Big game against ajax next week coming off a loss as well. Parkdale will have to improve by a lot to be competitive on todays performance. Did dukes and ritterman play today. Rupo, i think, weren't that bad last week. Parkdale just played out of their skins! Rupo still have a very good midfield that will win games for them.

We'll certainly learn a lot more about the Rovers over the next 4 weeks. They have started in very impressive fashion, but the real tests will come when they play Mazenod (h), Parkdale Vultures (a), Ormond(h) and then Rupertswood (a).

Round 3 tips

AJAX by 68pts
HAMPTON By 44pts
RUPERTSWOOD by 22pts
OAKLEIGH by 2pts
ORMOND by 10pts

Round 3 ladder

HAMPTON 3-0 12pts
AJAX 2-1 8pts
ORMOND 2-1 8pts
OAKLEIGH 2-1 8pts

RUPERTSWOOD 2-1 8pts
MHSOB 1-2 4pts
MAZENOD 1-2 4ts
PARKDALE 1-2 4pts
MONASH 1-2 4pts
WHITEFRIARS 0-3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't get ahead of yourself after one win. Ormond are still a very good side. Went out to watch Parkdale turn in a very ordinary performance against a well disciplined mazenod outfit. Dunne at chf for the nodders is a gun but rochford was equally impressive for us. Big game against ajax next week coming off a loss as well. Parkdale will have to improve by a lot to be competitive on todays performance.
Did dukes and ritterman play today?. Rupo, i think, weren't that bad last week. Parkdale just played out of their skins! Rupo still have a very good midfield that will win games for them.

Answer: No , they did not play and not looking good for the next 2-3 weeks with ongoing injuries. Worse for Ajax was that total 9 Senior players were out last week against Rupo...not taking anything away from Rupo because they were great and very determined but I would think Ajax will be stonger in 3-4 weeks time when many of these players return...Ajax's depth was fully tested at Sunbury and unless the better players return, Ajax might struggle..

All of you are jerks apart from FootyGuru.

Blah Blah Blah, Blah di Blah Blah. Jerks.

Out-bloody-raaaaaaaaageous.

Quite correct KB, 'C' Grade is alive this season.
Very interesting day against AJAX yesterday @ Rupo.
Fair Dinkum, what a bunch of self saucing puddings they are.... and that was just their supporters !
Rupo were tough and hard at every contest and thoroughly deserved the win. As noted in a post above, the opposition was missing players, however so was Rupo.
Incidentally, I've got to say that it is a long time since I have seen such a biased umpiring effort in the magoos. The gentleman with the fashionable eyeware should be banned from officialdom forever. I've been studying the laws of the game feverishly since the game and I am unable to locate the law that states you can award a free kick against boisterous supporters. :eek:
What is the game coming to...

Well C section seems to be setting up to be a cracker of a year! Could be a very open season. I packed the cut lunch and headed down the Tulla freeway to watch AJAX take on Rupertswood yesterday. And I was not expecting the outcome that unfolded after half time. With shear hardness and toughness R'wood took the game by the scruff of the neck and said "We will be walking away with the 4 points". Not knowing what to expect from the club out passed the airport AJAX might next time learn to give teams like this some respect. Because after todays efforts they surely did earn it.. AJAX seemed to not like it when things got a little heated with some push and shove tactics from a hard nut R'wood player. All in all the weather turned it on for a great day of football and AJAX had a long trip home to think about what happened. Look forward to next week.
NevB

Not good to hear that the Jackas supporters ar up to thier old tricks. I know for a fact that they are trying to improve thier image, coach Powell sent an email to everyone on their supporter data base imploring them to improve their behaviour. If they are as bad as they were last year then there will be some action from HQ.

Gotta say though quite a few of the Jacka boys and their coaching panel came into the rooms after the game, something i didn't expect with their passover week coming up. They seemed quite reasonable IMO. I think the game was a case of Rupo lifting and Ajax thinking our result last week suggested we might be easy beats. Both sides have improvement in them, our conversion of 18.6 was critical in the win, a big change from early wasted opportunities against the Vultures.

I can just imagine the game in Sunbury last weekend

Hard Ball gets
Rupo = 0
Ajax = 0

And anyone who says Rupo was hard at it. Toe pokes in the middle of of a pack is not head over the ball.

[/quote]I do hope Miller(Ormond) leg has healed because he is best player in C grade easy. Love to watch Smyth(Monash) andfor Mazenod sake that D.Dunne is there and not at Sandy. they will fight for league B&F[/quote]

As stated early march D. Dunne the best player in the comp with Miller still recovering . Hope Smythe gets going aswell

brad nissen ajax reserves: 8 last week, 9 this week.
this kid must be a star? anyone got any news on him.. why isnt he playing seniors?

Big Willy stop flogging it to death and you might one day be a happy person. Win or lose you still will be a sook, i'm tipping your a soft c ock so just leave your Willy alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back