• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter where Uncle Mick is. He has never had a bad word or sledged us so why rub it in.

Great win by us. To get the double 1's & 2's premiership was a great feat. 7 times this has happened in the clubs history. Not many others could say the same.

Cheer boys, cheer we are from ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRMOND!

Cheers bud. Congrats to all involved in the double. I think it's fair to say the result was indicative of the difference between the 2 sides.

Some of the umpiring was a little disappointing, but by no means am I making an excuse. Unlike last year, I believe the result was a reflection of where both sides were at.

Super effort from our boys to come up to C Section, finish on top and win their way into B Section. With 4 junior flags, a 19's team that has played in a GF and a semi final in consecutive years, 8 players in Saturday's game over 25 and only 1 of those over 28, the future is full of promise.

Full marks to Barney & co on a fantastic season.

Cheers bud. Congrats to all involved in the double. I think it's fair to say the result was indicative of the difference between the 2 sides.

Some of the umpiring was a little disappointing, but by no means am I making an excuse. Unlike last year, I believe the result was a reflection of where both sides were at.

Super effort from our boys to come up to C Section, finish on top and win their way into B Section. With 4 junior flags, a 19's team that has played in a GF and a semi final in consecutive years, 8 players in Saturday's game over 25 and only 1 of those over 28, the future is full of promise.

Full marks to Barney & co on a fantastic season.

Thanks for that Uncle Mick. Wasn't rubbing it in as someone with no sense of humour commented . Just a bit of post season fun as I'm sure you appreciate. Have a lot of time for the Rovers as I've had connections with the club.

Reckon both teams will need to lift the bar quite a bit to be competitive in B grade in 2009 though. But isn't it great to see district sides moving up the grades? Top season Rovers - well done!

Well done to Ajax's skipper Jason Ritterman who has won VAFA B/FAIREST in C Grade for 2008.

This is a brilliant display as Ritter played most of the first half of the season with a hip injury, and he could not use his natural speed.
He follows his famous father Michael who won many VAFA Best/Fairest awards....
Jason is a great player and a great guy :):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:....

When will the C Section Team of the Year be announced? I was surprised it wasn't in last week's Amateur Footballer.

When will the C Section Team of the Year be announced? I was surprised it wasn't in last week's Amateur Footballer.

Here you go Jason, just for you:

N. Cunningham (WF) J. Plummer (Rupo) B. Mackenzie (MonB)
S. Keleher (Orm) T. MacGeorge (Park) B. Stafford (WF)
D. Chamberlain (Maz) G. Blieden (AJAX) J. Ting (HR) - stiff to keep Duddy out.
P. Sullivan (Park) M. Martinov (Orm) L. Fletcher (HR)
M. Robbins (Orm) D. Dunne (Maz) J. Zampaglione (HR)

R. McIntyre (MHSOB) J. Rutter (Oak) J. Ritterman (AJAX)

L. Evans (MHSOB), E. Routman (AJAX), T. Edwards (Oak), A. Hickey (Monash)

Top 10 in the C section B&F were:

Ritterman, Jason (AJAX)
Keleher, Simon (ORMOND)
Cunningham, Nathan (WHITEFRIARS)
Fletcher, Leigh (HAMPTON ROVERS)
Chamberlain, David (MAZENOD)
Sullivan, Paul (PARKDALE)
Rutter, Jon (OAKLEIGH)
Dunne, Dominic (MAZENOD)
McIntyre, Roger (MHSOB)
MacGeorge, Tony (PARKDALE)

Cheers

Frase

Hey Scribe,

Could you please explain how Rochford from Parkdale missed out on the centre half forward position or even a spot at all :confused::confused::confused: Whoever picked this side (not sure if it was you) obviously didnt watch many games as he would be in most peoples minds as one of the top forwards in the comp..

Hey Scribe,

Could you please explain how Rochford from Parkdale missed out on the centre half forward position or even a spot at all :confused::confused::confused: Whoever picked this side (not sure if it was you) obviously didnt watch many games as he would be in most peoples minds as one of the top forwards in the comp..

Correct Pitcher.

I picked the side, and I didn't go to one regular season C section game.:eek:

Why? I still play and coach at Fitzroy Reds, so my Saturday afternoons are a bit busy already.

By all reports (I received 2 from the Vultures all year) Rochford did play well, but I openly admit I have a "man crush: on Martinov, who was CHF in the premiership side and was the difference in them winning at least 3 of their games this season.

Had the Vultures had a better season, Darren probably would've made the side. Granted - he was stiff to miss out on a bench spot, but Edwards was the best key forward for Oakleigh, who almost made the GF.

Cheers

Fraser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct Pitcher.

I picked the side, and I didn't go to one regular season C section game.:eek:

Why? I still play and coach at Fitzroy Reds, so my Saturday afternoons are a bit busy already.

By all reports (I received 2 from the Vultures all year) Rochford did play well, but I openly admit I have a "man crush: on Martinov, who was CHF in the premiership side and was the difference in them winning at least 3 of their games this season.

Had the Vultures had a better season, Darren probably would've made the side. Granted - he was stiff to miss out on a bench spot, but Edwards was the best key forward for Oakleigh, who almost made the GF.

Cheers

Fraser

You've got to be kidding dont you. Surely a bloke who misses out on the goalkicking by 1 goal would make it. Against the premiership team he kicked bags of 7 and 6.

Relax Boys, Frase didn't make Luke Beveridge Coach of the year in 06 after losing just one game....Not sure LB lost any sleep over it and is now lining up for an A section GF!

Ciao

You've got to be kidding dont you. Surely a bloke who misses out on the goalkicking by 1 goal would make it. Against the premiership team he kicked bags of 7 and 6.

Surely not. And after seeing Martinov 4 times to Rochford's twice, I'd agree. Stiff to miss out, but there was a better player in the same position. Martinov would kick some big bags if he was playing on that 20c coin down up the Highway every second week.

As opposed to the 25c coin he does play on?
It's all an absolute crock anyway. You can tell he's pretty much just tipped the top vote getters and chucked them on the ground. The top 10 are all there and i know off the top of my head Ting and Zampaglione polled 9 votes each so they would have been pretty close. It's understandable considering the bloke doesn't get to watch a game but it would be interesting if some sort of panel could put together a team that closely resembled a "Team Of The Year".

Dukes .... [Ajax] not good enough ??????What do other scribes think of him?

Interesting to see Eugene Routman of Ajax scored 9 votes in C Grade.

He returned from USA [study] mid season and without any pre season preparation stepped into Ajax's Senior side round 10..... not bad scoring 3 Best on Field votes in a few games once he hit his straps...
The "Russian" is a talented player and with a full pre season,should dominate C Grade in 2009..

Routman carved us up at Albert Park. Looked the goods.

Dukes is overweight. Plain and simple. No question on his natural ability, but you need more than that in today's game. The way the game has evolved it'll soon be an Olympic track & field event. He'd be better suited to shot put if choosing an event.

Routman carved us up at Albert Park. Looked the goods.

Dukes is overweight. Plain and simple. No question on his natural ability, but you need more than that in today's game. The way the game has evolved it'll soon be an Olympic track & field event. He'd be better suited to shot put if choosing an event.

Uncle .....I think you are correct..he was overweight,[as most of us are !!!!] but he did play some great games ..
Routman is one of the stars of Ajax and will get better...
Good luck in B Grade next year

It's understandable considering the bloke doesn't get to watch a game but it would be interesting if some sort of panel could put together a team that closely resembled a "Team Of The Year".[/QUOTE]

Interesting suggestion Pinto09.

It begs the following questions:

1. who would determine the make-up of this panel? and
2. how would they be re-compensed for their time in determining the side?

I welcome your thoughts (e.g. perhaps delegate the task to Jascave?)

It's understandable considering the bloke doesn't get to watch a game but it would be interesting if some sort of panel could put together a team that closely resembled a "Team Of The Year".[/QUOTE]

Interesting suggestion Pinto09.

It begs the following questions:

1. who would determine the make-up of this panel? and
2. how would they be re-compensed for their time in determining the side?

I welcome your thoughts (e.g. perhaps delegate the task to Jascave?)

Scribe

Don't take the bait mate.

Your appointed to do this job - as long as your comfortable with the result then thats all that counts.

Sure, listen to expected critics about certain players but don't go down the path of restructuring how it is done just because they think someone else can do a better job or the process is wrong.

Its not the AFL for crying out loud

Any poster that thinks the selector needs to see every game, every team etc etc are w*nking themselves

Scribe

Don't take the bait mate.

Your appointed to do this job - as long as your comfortable with the result then thats all that counts.

Sure, listen to expected critics about certain players but don't go down the path of restructuring how it is done just because they think someone else can do a better job or the process is wrong.

Its not the AFL for crying out loud

Any poster that thinks the selector needs to see every game, every team etc etc are w*nking themselves

Actually it is a well selected team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back