C section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Old Camberwell.

The president is a funny cat. Loves to introduce himself to everybody as "the president". I have seen OC at GBO 3 times and he loves pumping up his own tyres. Seems an ok bloke, just settle down on the intros.
He does stand next to a few old supporters who are rough and one eyed and whos commentary on the game, if you stand adjacent to the canteen, makes you not want to eat.
OC's also seem to have very little off field support.
On the up side, you see a bunch of kids on the field who could develop into a great B Side team in coming years, but will the lack of support and ratbag supporter hold them back?

Well Octopus, I've only been to GBO twice in the past two years, similarly got introduced to Camberwell's president. I believe the complete opposite, the bloke was very genuine and warming to our club. I think the introductions are something that it needed at the ammo level..... A bloke introducing himself and discussing a clubs direction is a far cry from 'pumping up his own tyres'. So I wouldn't be taking stabs at a board level for their so called 'bad culture'. Their president has done a phenomenal effort with OCGFC, got them moving forward and developed a strong under 18s and 19s.
I suggest you move your discussion to more substantial influences and not take cheap shots at individuals who work hard to help ammo football.
Maybe direct your discussion to onlookers and supporters.

Well Octopus, I've only been to GBO twice in the past two years, similarly got introduced to Camberwell's president. I believe the complete opposite, the bloke was very genuine and warming to our club. I think the introductions are something that it needed at the ammo level..... A bloke introducing himself and discussing a clubs direction is a far cry from 'pumping up his own tyres'. So I wouldn't be taking stabs at a board level for their so called 'bad culture'. Their president has done a phenomenal effort with OCGFC, got them moving forward and developed a strong under 18s and 19s.
I suggest you move your discussion to more substantial influences and not take cheap shots at individuals who work hard to help ammo football.
Maybe direct your discussion to onlookers and supporters.

Wow!
For a man who has only been to the GBO twice in two years, you certainly have a lot of posts in your history relating to OC and seem to know a lot about the president and his achievements!

mixedspoons.jpg

Step up and take your pick, Mobby!

Spec Mod. Does this mean I have to be more deferential in future? Well deserved. But I still reckon Clayton and Stephen are the standout goal umps.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back