C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quietly Confident said:
Well I have checked out all the sides now after 9 rounds so it is time to weigh in.The tigers are stand outs but the only reason the margins are getting smaller is not because of the injuries as everybody has got them, no just what is Bevo thinking why play when you have a stacked deck.He is a first year coach, thats right COACH and this year in C grade their is at least 3 blokes that have won state coaching honours .The Jacka's coach was actually in the box helping Lethal pull off the only Collingwood flag in the last 50 years. These blokes know how to coach, they know how to win Premierships and they know flags are won in September.I doubt very much thay have played their aces yet.If Bevo dares play against any of these blokes in Septemebr he will be putting self before team and risks it all.Now these other blokes aren't blessed with Bevo's list ,but hey must sit and chuckle to themselves everytime his name appears on a team sheet . For all those waiting for the chink in the tiger armour BEVO YOUR IT . I hope common sense prevails because the days of playing coaches are long gone

What a ridiculous post. Bevo is a fine coach and whether he plays or not, they will take a power of beating. No doubt someone trying to fire up the St Bedes boys! Reds will miss Clarke and Drury but will still finish 6/3 and secure a finals berth. Two finals wins then its off to B Grade! Based on the halfway ladder, 9 wins will definately get you in and maybe even 8. I think there may be four coaches with state honours and I know that the mighty Burgs certainly is one!
Could it be 8 wins for finals, 6 for relegation? What a competition!

As far as the jackas go I'm not a real fan of any club that believes it can be exclusive, but aside from that they have a good mix of talent this year as to do the Tigers .I'm sure Bevo is doing a fine job, he has the Tigers firing and sitting 9 zip.The point I am trying to make is why risk it all by playing .Tim at the jackas has several A grade flags under his belt and will be starting to set his sights on one team only so bevo will need to summon up all his 9 games of coaching experience and focus on the coaching ,it is very difficult to do that when you are playing. One concussion away from disaster and a rudderless ship

Morning all,

the roy is here to brighten everyones day. I see quitely confident has made some interesting remarks. I agree with his theme of the tigers faltering (last 2 weeks show that they are indeed vulnerable) but I don't know that a personal attack on the coach is the way to go. Roy considers himself above such things, come on quitely confident, have ago at the whole lot of em not just the coach!!

The roys will be back on track this week, and here are my tips

Roy Boys v Parade - 10 goals in round 1 - closer to 20 this time. No Boundy, no parade

Ormond v Nobs - killer is a gem in the burgo mould and the nobs are starting to hit their straps. Nobs by 20 points

OC v Blues - OC have lost the plot. Doesn't matter how many the giant in the goal square kicks, they are gone. Blues in a canter.

Jackas v Parkdale - Jackas will avenge round 1 loss in style. 10 goal win coming up

Rovers v Tigers - TAC week off, rovers will be young quick and hungry on the big ground and the tigers faltering form will be exposed. The tigers won't be ale to keep up with the pacy rovers.

That is all

Red Roy

Ah...the mighty Red Roy returns...just a solid 4/5 days on the turps after the unbeatable Reds fell again and the mandatory day drying out with a Thursday night AA meeting...but he's back...tipping more losers than 'Keith Hillier's' annual Derby Day favourite's plunge...

Reds V OP...with rain forecast and Boundy just may be back...a drawn match

OC vs Monash...here is the upset of the round...OC to win in low scoring game.

HR vs SBMT...Tigers to get over 'the kids' but it will be close too.

Orm vs COB NOBS....Ormond at home will get the dollars

AJAX vs Parky Vult...former Collingwood supercoach won't help here..PV by 12 points

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Ah...the mighty Red Roy returns...just a solid 4/5 days on the turps after the unbeatable Reds fell again and the mandatory day drying out with a Thursday night AA meeting...but he's back...tipping more losers than 'Keith Hillier's' annual Derby Day favourite's plunge...

You say all that like its a bad thing! :D

Reds V OP - Reds
OC v Monash - Monash
HR v SBMT - SBMT
Orm vs NOBS - Ormond
AJAX vs Parkdale - AJAX

Reds V OP - If Boundy plays, on a wet cr@ppy day at Garvey, I think Parade narrowly.

OC v Monash - Monash to bounce back after a huge slip last week

HR v SBMT - SBMT in their closest result thus far

Orm vs NOBS - Ormond to end the NOBs resurgence

AJAX vs Parkdale - AJAX by as much as you like

Can someone verify for me that number 54 for ajax played sandringham dragons, won their under 15 best and fairest with judd and ball in the team , but didnt go ahead with his footballin career due to schooling and modelling?

Alphonse said:
Brian Speaking, Cassell is a still a chance to play at NOBSPC. There are also several ex St Pats players joining the new club.

More will be unveiled after the luanch at the Gillon Sunday. You are more than welcome to attend in a official VAFA capacity.

What ever happened to Dan Zachek showing up? Looks like a few wins has fired everyone up. But still short a few quality players to make the 4

Dan Zacek has played the last couple at the reds and to Red Roy I am not bashing Bevo just trying to get him to get a handle on the difference between playing and coaching. It is impossible to do both well .Also I don't think Tim Killworth coaches any thing like Graham Burgen but there is some irony in your comparison in light of the bloke we have just mentioned.

Well not too far off - Boundy less Parade just fell short of Reds, Ajax did it easy to move 2 games clear in 2nd and remain my smokie from weeks ago, Ormond well and truly over NOBs (but for poor kicking would have been a real shellacking), St Bede's did enough! Only wrong on the Students who I believe led at 3 qtr time but were overpowered by Loats FC, sorry Old Camberwell. Apparently Loats slotted another lazy 12 but my mail is that he has done his hammy again....
Grandstand Guru said:
Reds V OP - If Boundy plays, on a wet cr@ppy day at Garvey, I think Parade narrowly.

OC v Monash - Monash to bounce back after a huge slip last week

HR v SBMT - SBMT in their closest result thus far

Orm vs NOBS - Ormond to end the NOBs resurgence

AJAX vs Parkdale - AJAX by as much as you like

Red Roy said:
Morning all,

the roy is here to brighten everyones day. I see quitely confident has made some interesting remarks. I agree with his theme of the tigers faltering (last 2 weeks show that they are indeed vulnerable) but I don't know that a personal attack on the coach is the way to go. Roy considers himself above such things, come on quitely confident, have ago at the whole lot of em not just the coach!!

Roy Boys v Parade - 10 goals in round 1 - closer to 20 this time. No Boundy, no parade

Ormond v Nobs - killer is a gem in the burgo mould and the nobs are starting to hit their straps. Nobs by 20 points

OC v Blues - OC have lost the plot. Doesn't matter how many the giant in the goal square kicks, they are gone. Blues in a canter.

Jackas v Parkdale - Jackas will avenge round 1 loss in style. 10 goal win coming up

Rovers v Tigers - TAC week off, rovers will be young quick and hungry on the big ground and the tigers faltering form will be exposed. The tigers won't be ale to keep up with the pacy rovers.

That is all

Red Roy

wrong again are you ever right I don't think so

C Section
Old Camberwell 20.11 bt Monash Blues 14.8
Ajax 20.19 bt Parkdale Vultures 14.4
St Bedes/Mentone Tig 21.23 bt Hampton Rovers 10.10:D
Ormond 20.22 bt NOB/St Pats Coll 13.17
Fitzroy Reds 12.13 bt Old Paradians 11.8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Loats slotted another lazy 12 but my mail is that he has done his hammy again....

Anyone able to confirm Loats hammy as we have them this week would be slightly easier without him

blueboys1 said:

C Section

How many did you get right blueboys?

4 from 5 over here, missing on the OC win.
GG - 4 correct tips
RCT - 3 wins (can't count the draw :p )
Red Roy, crap effort mate :D, 2 wins.
blueboys - sorry can't see your tips here. Away teams less 1 = 1 winner

Station RRR - Rolled by Red Roy.

Red Roy said:
Morning all,

That is all

Red Roy

Well Roy another quality accurate week of posting again. Here come the Reds, the sail is wet and they are flying home.

The Tigers again looked to really struggle on the big ground. Looking forward to this weeks tripe mate

blueboys1 said:

C Section

How many did you get right blueboys?

4 from 5 over here, missing on the OC win.
GG - 4 correct tips
RCT - 3 wins (can't count the draw :p )
Red Roy, crap effort mate :D, 2 wins.
bigfootyfan - sorry can't see your tips here. Away teams less 1 = 1 winner :p
blueboys - sorry can't see your tips here. Away teams less 1 = 1 winner

Station RRR - Rolled by Red Roy.

Shaping like the Tigers V the jacka's come September as there is a gap emerging beween 2nd and the rest for a reason. The jackas take on the reds this week at Peterson oval which should be a belter, although my mail is the reds injury woes continued on the weekend losing 3 more prime movers. Loats has kicked another 12 I hear , saw him play early on in the year.He is a class act , what the hell is he doing at Camberwell surely he must get tired of standing in front of those ********s behind the goals at home games. I was actually embarassed for him the day I watched .
The students look like they have enjoyed their vacation so they will need to get a move on, 2nd to 5th in 3 weeks is not good after they had set up their season with a couple of close wins.
Hampton were deadset lucky to beat Fitzroy at home 2 weeks ago and the form they displayed on the weekend is a true indication of where they are at as their lack of depth is a concern
Ormond are always tough at home but in an even year I can't help thinking their round 18 clash against St Bedes may put a dampener on where they finish.

Quietly Confident said:
Loats has kicked another 12 I hear , saw him play early on in the year.He is a class act , what the hell is he doing at Camberwell surely he must get tired of standing in front of those ********s behind the goals at home games. I was actually embarassed for him the day I watched ..

QC surely $$$ is the only motivation. Must be on a damn good wicket. They will probably never get caught out but some kind sponsor must have very deep pockets

Easy on the old $$ accusation there. I do agree with quitely Confident on the crowd at OC. Disgraceful to say the least. Roy is above such and would think that lads from Camberwell would be as well, but....

Not my best round of tipping, but the mighty roys saluted away from home which would have no doubt irked Richard clay Thorpedo from down at Brindisi who seems to have taken a dislike to me for some reason??

Anyway, don't worry about any perceived injury crisis at Brunswick St, we have huge depth not only in our seconds (who are just starting to pur along nicely and will shake things up int he second half of the year) but in our two (2) thats right 2 club 18 sides. No other team in C section can claim to have the numbers we do and they will prove critical in the coming winter months.

Rumors again surrounding the hamstring of the giant from Camberwell, any confirmation would be appreciated, must hsve done it late if he slotted another dozen.

Anothe week down, another Reds win - it is starting to look ominous.

My friend the Red....no dislike just enjoy tearing your unedited garbage to pieces!....There is depth and 'real depth'...doubt very much whether there is any 'real depth' in the Red's clubbies teams as they would have been called up by Round 10 to support the senior and reserves teams already....gee those pacy young rovers types created havoc at Bluff Road on Saturday...just as well the Tigers are faltering otherwise they might have had to call the game off under the mercy rule don't you reckon Red!

Real depth comes from a Strong Reserves team and your club's Under 19 team.

And just one more thing Red...put that old chestnut, you know, the one about the Tigers and won't be suited on bigger grounds than Brindisi street in your collection of " Red Roys incorrect calls of 2006" journal!

Cheers
RCT.

OC's have dealt with the crowd behind the goal problem. The past 2 home games that area has been filled with Ajax and Monash supporters,coincidently,giving Loats a hard time.(he's a big lad and can handle it).
$$ ARE CERTAINLY NOT THE MOTIVATION BEHIND LOATS PLAYING FOR OC.

Accusations of this sort arise any time a club is fortunate enough to secure the services of someone seen to be 'above' the level. The arguement rarely, if ever, has a foundation in fact, and is generally borne from frustation or jealousy,as is the case here.

It is clear that OC stuggle without him,given they are re developing,with so many young players representing the club at senior level.OC will gradually get stronger and stronger over the next 2/3 seasons as a result of this policy and I for one applaud the direction in which they are headed.

Finally the coach has copped plenty on this forum,and I'm guilty of expressing a differing opinion about things on occassion (however he knows that),but his efforts in the box should not go unnoticed.Against Monash on Saturday he and his staff were fantastic and played an important part in the win IMO.

zoofest43 said:
OC's have dealt with the crowd behind the goal problem. The past 2 home games that area has been filled with Ajax and Monash supporters,coincidently,giving Loats a hard time.(he's a big lad and can handle it).
$$ ARE CERTAINLY NOT THE MOTIVATION BEHIND LOATS PLAYING FOR OC.

Zoofest, can you give us some Loats background. Ie what he does for a crust and why he is playing at OC

not 100% certain BFF,but I think he is employed by a Gymnasium chain,in a sales and consultant position.A good wicket ,so to speak.

He has good mates at OC who convinced him to 'have a run' pre-season,when he was thinking of giving it away altogether, after injuries curtailed his career at the highest level. I'll add you would not find a nicer ,more modest young man anywhere. His laconic sense of humour and general intelligence have endeared him to all who meet him. He remanins accessible to the clubs supporters and this is why so many at OC go out of their way to speak up on his behalf when he is attacked.( e.g after the recent Ajax game).

Apart from his incredible value 'on-field' , he is a genuine asset in many other ways.He is very patient with the younger players especially and he goes out of his way to help many of the boys develop more quickly.

zoofest43 said:
not 100% certain BFF,but I think he is employed by a Gymnasium chain,in a sales and consultant position.A good wicket ,so to speak.

He has good mates at OC who convinced him to 'have a run' pre-season,when he was thinking of giving it away altogether, after injuries curtailed his career at the highest level. I'll add you would not find a nicer ,more modest young man anywhere. His laconic sense of humour and general intelligence have endeared him to all who meet him. He remanins accessible to the clubs supporters and this is why so many at OC go out of their way to speak up on his behalf when he is attacked.( e.g after the recent Ajax game).

Apart from his incredible value 'on-field' , he is a genuine asset in many other ways.He is very patient with the younger players especially and he goes out of his way to help many of the boys develop more quickly.

Sounds like someone is in love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back