C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Post of April this year;

"Written off my most on this forum, but what can I say... well played Parkdale!!!"

Another interesting season with plenty of 'friendly' banter on this forum. I must say that Ormond would definately go into next week's game as hot favourites. Rumour is fact - Paul Sullivan's season is over after a pretty nasty injury he received and that wont help the Vultures cause. :mad:

zoofest43 said:
Congratulations to Ajax for their win over OC this afternoon.Whilst the result was in doubt for 3 quarters the Jackas played the better, more skillfull, footy and fully deserved the 4 points. They are a well drilled and well balanced footy team.

Their defence was superb led by Raleigh who stood Loats, to great effect, all day. Lots of free running both ways early ,with Ajax's better skills the main diffference. Hard contests around the footy,both sides having a genuine dip. I don't subscribe to the theory that Ajax are soft, they get that tag only because they run so well.

Still fancy St. Bede's to go thru undefeated but have to like Ajax to go up as well.

Hope they do. I won't have to listen to the pathetic drivel their manical supporters carry on with for another 12 months. A couple need an attitude adjustment,as does the lowlife who reckons eavesdropping is clever.

As for OC ,ended up probably where they belonged given this years list. With such a young group the next couple of years promise to be most interesting.

Thanks to the people who have posted informative, humourous and/or intelligent script over the year.

Good luck to all the players.

Tend to agree Zoo. The reds sent Burgs off in style in an emotional day for the club and also sent Hampton to D grade. I note with interest your comments about the youth at OC, as the reds could certainly do with some. It appears that judging by the website the two clubs had pretty similiar runs with injury(disasterous!) to their top players but OC may have invested in the future more than reds. To finish the second half of the year 6/3 was a big effort from them given they looked like being relegated at one stage.

IF I have a critiscism of Burgs, it is that he tended to coach for today or this year at least and it will be intersting to see what happens when he leaves. I suspect things might be tough for a while
Monash are surely the big disappointment, given they had such a good run with injuries to their key players. Only won 2.5 games in the second half of the year? Very disappointing.
Paul sullivan would be a big loss as he hardly ever misses a game

In reply to Spencer Johnson who obviouisly doubted the claim that OC has a great on baller to come back ,that player was Brent Christie.Brent is 24 y.o.
Brent has played rep footy for the ammos at U/19 and U/23 levels.

The other player ,who would of returned,had OC made the finals is Andrew Whelan.Andrew played senior footy for Springvale 2 seasons back ,but had oesteo, and will be interesting with a full pre season under his belly.Andrew is 23 y.o.

No need to get "Get Smart" to crack the Jackers web site 3 Malugas as I have already done that. The whole site is in Yiddish and must be like that to keep the bogans out.

zoofest43 said:
In reply to Spencer Johnson who obviouisly doubted the claim that OC has a great on baller to come back ,that player was Brent Christie.Brent is 24 y.o.
Brent has played rep footy for the ammos at U/19 and U/23 levels.

The other player ,who would of returned,had OC made the finals is Andrew Whelan.Andrew played senior footy for Springvale 2 seasons back ,but had oesteo, and will be interesting with a full pre season under his belly.Andrew is 23 y.o.

All pretty irrelevant now isn't it?

Frankly, prior to the weekend's game, you said (a couple of pages back) that 2007 would be a big year for OC abd B Grade would suit nicely. Now that it hasn't happened, you've changed your tune to say that OC have finished where they deserved to finish given the list they had.

In my opinion, they did very well to cover the absences they had, but were a long way off promotional standard and will need to improve significantly.

At least they stayed in and can start working towards it sooner than they did this year

Scribe said:
All pretty irrelevant now isn't it?

Frankly, prior to the weekend's game, you said (a couple of pages back) that 2007 would be a big year for OC abd B Grade would suit nicely. Now that it hasn't happened, you've changed your tune to say that OC have finished where they deserved to finish given the list they had.

In my opinion, they did very well to cover the absences they had, but were a long way off promotional standard and will need to improve significantly.

At least they stayed in and can start working towards it sooner than they did this year

Well said Frase. Is it true they played 53 players this year? If so, that is incredible!
I tend to agree they were a long way off promotion but given their departures and injuries, it was an excellent second half of the year(6/3)

Scribe, I can see your point but what you must understand:

2006 could have been a bigger year for the OC, but will still be big.

To finish half a game out with the list we had is credible. Our 2's are in the finals and are the only team to beat St Bedes. Our u/19s are in the finals and just knocked off the top side. 10 of them played senior footy this year. They're guns.

B grade would have been nice because with the players we've got returning and the players we're already working on to get down we may well have been competitive up there next year.

So i guess only time will tell but we're hoping 2007 will be a bigger year for the OC.

the reason I stated BGrade would suit nicely is because 2007 is looking so strong. If I intimated in any way I was tipping that to happen I apologise ,that was not my intention.

I will say right now though that with the boys coming back from o/s ,and the youth in the squad that OC will take plenty of holding out next year. This of course is heavily reliant on maintaining all the players on the current list.

Crunch time is here. Saw the Parkdale game and the second half of Ormond Tigers yesterday.

Ormond rested some of their prime movers and will be too good all over the ground for Parkdale who quite simply are running out of players with the injuries to Kight, Johnston and now Sullivan plus the loss of Dixon earlier in the season. Expect this game to be a white wash as the Vultures have not got near the top sides for most of the year and have done really well to be where they are.

Tigers worked hard and were able to maintain their momentu thru the whole game. The question is will Ajax be able to hit their straps and play at their best for long enough. What worries me is that we may not have seen the best from the Tigers!

Good luck to Parade for next season. Seems they have a few in house problems down there when you read some of the posts on this site. They need to get their house in order by the looks of it and have everyone rowing in the same direction.

Hampton Rovers should be doing a lot better than they are. This hopefully will bring them back down to earth. They certainly need to look at why this has happened when they appear to have so much going for them as a club.

Interesting to see how Red Roy will try and move the focus of this thread to the REDS reserves band wagon. Perhaps they have been resting players all season in order to win the magoos flag!

Thanks to all for their support during the COBs battle to avoid another drop. Twas indeed a close shave, but thankfully all's well that ends well. Who would have thought ole Uni Reds would look after us in such a manner. Thanks to the boys at Brunswick St, and see most of you (not SBMT and whoever else goes up) in 2007.

Racing & cricket season has begun.

lozza5 said:
No need to get "Get Smart" to crack the Jackers web site 3 Malugas as I have already done that. The whole site is in Yiddish and must be like that to keep the bogans out.

How does that work Lozza no one at the Jackers will be able to read it then.

Bigfootyfan said:
How does that work Lozza no one at the Jackers will be able to read it then.
Max here, Sent 99 in to infiltrate the Jackers and their code. She says I speak a lot of jibberish so yiddish shouldn't be a problem.

"^NOBSPCs 3.2 9.5 10.11 13.13.91"
"^Monash Blues 3.3 6.4 9.6 15.8.98"

Actual :
Nobs 19.5.119
Monash Blues 10.9.69

Incorrect - Margin out by 57 pts

"^======================"
"^Parkdale Vultures 1.7 12.12 17.16 19.17.131"
"^Old Paradians 4.3 7.4 10.8 14.11.95"

Actual :
Parkdale 21.19.145
Old Paradians 16.10.106

Correct - Margin out by 3 pts

"^St Bedes / Mentone Tigers 2.6 6.10 9.14 11.17.83"
"^Ormond AFC 2.2 7.4 9.7 11.7.73"

Actual :
St Bedes 16.9.105
Ormond 12.10.82

Correct - Margin out by 13 pts

"^AJAX AFC 2.5 5.10 8.13 9.21.75"
"^Old Camberwell 4.4 6.8 9.11 12.15.87"

Actual :
AJAX 16.6.102
Old Camberwell 10.13.73

Incorrect - Margin out by 41 pts

"^Fitzroy Reds 3.1 9.4 12.7 17.11.113"
"^Hampton Rovers 6.2 9.3 13.6 15.9.99"

Actual :
Fitzroy Reds 14.14.98
Hampton Rovers 11.9.75

Correct - Margin out by 9 pts

Hey, that's not too bad!

Anyways, congrats to the finallists, down to the wire for 4th spot right to the end of the season so a good exciting set of home and homes. Exciting relegation battle too and well done NOBs to stand up when they absolutely needed to, Red Nob Cup will be on again in '07.

St Bedes almost pretty much a lead pipe cinch to be P&C this year, though of course until the final siren of the final match, there's 3 other clubs who'll want that to remain subjective.

As far as the senior finals go, I sorry Joffa, but I am going to have to write off Parkdale! I feel that by the time they finally stumbled into the finals, they're just bleeding too much from the battle to make it. Great effort to get back up on the horse after an ordinary season's start, though, and true to their name, they snuck in off the protein of whatever carrion was lying about amongst the middle of the table.

Bad luck to Parade and Hampton Rovers, while they had miserable seasons, they still piped up to make every match interesting to one extent or another. I would go so far as to say that Hampton pretty much rooted the Reds chances of making the finals, with that friggin' torpedo in the 3rd stanza, while Parade then just failed to deliver another punch the week after. Both these clubs are a good show to be in C Grade in 2008. Chin up lads! If you feel down, just remember that this Friday is the 10 year anniversary of Fitzroy's last match as a football club. Both Old Parade and Hampton Rovers will have footy clubs in their own right next year. Lets face, its about the footy, doesn't matter where or when.

Despite the Jackas impressive season, I can see Ormond being a fair opponent for them in the PF, couldn't pick a winner just yet. But, after all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if the granny turns out to be a great match.

In the reserves, the Reds are still putting in the big steps, and anything's possible come finals time, fingers crossed. Both the Reds Clubbies have finished their campaigns with a 4th and a runners-up, while the U19s are minor prems and hoping to add the wone-word version.

Down comes Mazenod, and maybe Whitefriars? Up goes probably Old Carey but goodness knows who else (2nd through 5th in D1 finished on equal wins!).

C Grade will be another bumper harvest in 2007, and I'm sure the banter will be frantic, and the slander quite pedantic.

For now, the Tiges, the Jackas, the Monners and the Vultures are wolfing down the QuickEze as the finals approach.

I'll be barracking for the Ormond folks :)

Ohhhh Monners, yeaaaaaahh Monners ...
Tell yer Monners what you gottah do ...
Wave those banners brown and blue.

****, forgot I should never try to write lyrics sober.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mobbenfuhrer said:
For now, the Tiges, the Jackas, the Monners and the Vultures are wolfing down the QuickEze as the finals approach.

I'll be barracking for the Ormond folks :)

Ohhhh Monners, yeaaaaaahh Monners ...
Tell yer Monners what you gottah do ...
Wave those banners brown and blue.

****, forgot I should never try to write lyrics sober.
Wow Mobbs, I never thought I'd hear that from a Reds supporter! Or is that a bit of tongue in cheek?

The "nothing" game was a good contest on Saturday, both sides resting key players, we were still in it to the end but the class of the Tigers got them over the line.

I must say though what a hack Kinsella is from the Tigers. Absolute moron he is. He had 7 kicked on him, after trying to whack a few blokes, how he stays in that side is beyond me, he's a dud!

Bring on Parkdale! We'll see if MacGeorge can get sucked in from the crowd again. He will cop a pasting i'd say!

CFE said:
Wow Mobbs, I never thought I'd hear that from a Reds supporter! Or is that a bit of tongue in cheek?

I used to watch St Kevins Ormond as the ground is down the end of my street ... so, no, not tongue in cheek, when they're not playing the Reds, I like 'em :)

Phantom Strobler said:
The moolah club hopefully will play off in the GF and get beaten so they can come up to B and get knocked off every week especially by my strictly amateur side. Mobbenfuhrer you should be ashamed of yourself following that muck.

A message from my mates in D1 to Hampton. Come on down but leave your arrogance in C grade. You are now humbled.

Still got that chip on your shoulder I see...

What has happened to the StBedesMentone player who represented the amateurs against the southern football league?? He has played the past three games in the twos. Obviously the coach is not a fan of his playing style or hardness at the ball....

In other news the parkdale coach Macgeorge has announced that he will not be continuing next year. Hampton have expressed interested in his services

If I was from Ormond or Rovers I wouldn't be happy with the Stroblers comments. Seems to have a real chip on his shoulder when you read his posts. He should identify the wonderful B Section Club that he is from! Or is it easy to hide behind a name?

Three Malugas said:
If I was from Ormond or Rovers I wouldn't be happy with the Stroblers comments. Seems to have a real chip on his shoulder when you read his posts. He should identify the wonderful B Section Club that he is from! Or is it easy to hide behind a name?
Mate the bloke is a tosser, he's not worth a pinch of salt.

He has no idea of what he's talking about.

I follow Scotch and the A Section thread, but I must say what a fascinating thread C Section is. I have enjoyed reading it throughout the year. Reason for the post.....That Strobler chap should jolly well talk about the football and not spread unsubstantiated rumour. It's not good form! Good luck boys for the finals. That Red Roy fellow is amusing, as is RCT!

zoofest43 said:
Their defence was superb led by Raleigh who stood Loats, to great effect, all day.

Thought the big ruckman did a sterling job down back. Great coaching as well to play him there all game. Kept Loats to four and one was a gimme in junk time at the end of the last quarter.

Interesting to see which of the injured ajax players come up from next week. Lewski went off slightly injured in the first quarter and didnt return - how bad is it? Will Rosen play or will they save him for the next match (hopefully after a week off!). Bloom was a late withdrawal but should be right to play this week.

And the Hardman slotted back into the team quite nicely.

Quite excited for the finals.

Got some mail from the Umpire after the Byrne/Jankie clash at HQ on Saturday. Although red carded, Byrne can't take the prescribed and must front the board. Could get 4 weeks as the umpire deemed it a deliberate elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back