C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
scroda said:
And remember ajax and non-ajax supporters alike - this is a friendly board. Try and remember that some posts are made with tongue planted firmly in cheek, some posts are made purely to rile opposition supporters up and some posts are made by people who take a life a little too seriously.

You tryin' to put me out of a job? :D Well said. :thumbsu:

Like most sides with finals on their minds it's interesting see Jackas fans already 'lining-up' for second semi final tickets.
Will the players be switched on enough,prepared to risk enough to win against OC on Saturday?

Make no mistakes OC, whilst not in St. Bede's class, believe they have the wherewithall to challenge both Ormond and for that matter Ajax in this years finals.2007 is gonna be huge at OC and I reckon B grade will suit just nicely.

To enable that 'dreamy' process to be a reality,OC need to beat Ajax this weekend.They will do anything required to give themselves the opportunity.Will Ajax have the same mindset? I doubt it.

OC by 30 points plus.

by the way OC get one great onballer back this week(missed last week) and just for fun another one in the first semi (missed last three),if they make it.

Just an aside.
Whilst the focus is on delinquency,for those involved in junior footy, my thanks for the sterling work you do. It really is about giving the kids a game.

C'mon get your tips for this weekend's matches in...no fence sitting now...roll up roll up roll up and spin the wheel...no no not 'run the gauntlet'...anything but run the gauntlet.....

want a laugh or two...head back to the start of the C Section thread and have a look at who some people were tipping would be C Section finalists in 06.....how things have changed....

zoofest43 said:
Like most sides with finals on their minds it's interesting see Jackas fans already 'lining-up' for second semi final tickets.
Will the players be switched on enough,prepared to risk enough to win against OC on Saturday?

Make no mistakes OC, whilst not in St. Bede's class, believe they have the wherewithall to challenge both Ormond and for that matter Ajax in this years finals.2007 is gonna be huge at OC and I reckon B grade will suit just nicely.

To enable that 'dreamy' process to be a reality,OC need to beat Ajax this weekend.They will do anything required to give themselves the opportunity.Will Ajax have the same mindset? I doubt it.

OC by 30 points plus.

by the way OC get one great onballer back this week(missed last week) and just for fun another one in the first semi (missed last three),if they make it.

Just an aside.
Whilst the focus is on delinquency,for those involved in junior footy, my thanks for the sterling work you do. It really is about giving the kids a game.

Who is a great onballer at OC ? ? One power forward and good couple of honest players down there only I thought.

Are we talking St Bedes / Ajax class here ? ?

Great players play week in week out also. They son't do that so much at OC . . . one has to start to get suspicious of injuries eventually that seem to 're occur'

People here seem to have stated the top 2 are superior to the rest and will play off in an interesting GF.

BlindedByTheLight said:
well said Spencer.
you echo a number of comments from my revious post.
the powers tat be paid to much attention to their old boys in the team rather than bring on the young ones. hence many have left over the past few seasons to make their mark in teh local competition how much better would they have been with them playing now - might have even knocked over the old Reds!
And they are back down in D garde for the first time in yonks - maybe 50 plus years.

Quite right, played the older guys in the ones inside of the youngsters.Formed an "alliance" with St Mary's and St Damians, but do nothing for both of them except let them use the ground. St Mary's off to join with Watsonia, St Damians considering Bundoora.

None of their players will go to OP's now that they are off to D1, they should never have sacked Assetta as coach.

The U19's have stated that training with the seniors drags them down

the last roll of the dice / gauntlet RCT
The Students over Nobs
The Vultures to keep their season alive.
The Tigers to go the whole way and send a message to others in the four.
Ajax will account for OC and give the Vultures a temporary leg up.
Reds & Rovers who cares....a lot of ice to be used at the Newry.
The game of the round is in the twos ...Tigers & Ormond
me thinks the the depth too good at brindisi st tigers by 22pts

Ammoandy said:
the last roll of the dice / gauntlet RCT
The Students over Nobs
The Vultures to keep their season alive.
The Tigers to go the whole way and send a message to others in the four.
Ajax will account for OC and give the Vultures a temporary leg up.
Reds & Rovers who cares....a lot of ice to be used at the Newry.
The game of the round is in the twos ...Tigers & Ormond
me thinks the the depth too good at brindisi st tigers by 22pts

Parky to win and win well.
Ajax, please but may be thinking of next week
Monash, after a disapointing second half of the year.
Tigers, in what should be a good game.
Reds to finish off with a win.

If Parky can finish in the 4 it will be a good year, I just have some doubts about Ajax.

Don't get your nickers in a knot RTC as my comments were not a case of disrespect just facts. To me training once at a ground does not constitute that one is looking for an advantage but is a fact. The Jackers have been training at VAFA HQ this year as this is their home ground and due to some changes they had to find another ground for training. As they have played and trained at Sandy before it was the logical place for them to go. Albert Park isn't fit to graze your sheep on let alone play our great game there. Parks Victoria couldn't give a rats toss bag about the condition of their ovals as long as they get the rent so I can't see the Jackers ever going back after 40 plus years there.
Re the rooms, the destruction had to be seen to be believed at Albert Park. The Sth Melb Districts committee were in tears and the Jackers committee were gob smacked. One of the perpetraters was caught hiding in a fridge while another was let off in court two weeks ago with a slap on the wrist for another break in.
All is taken lightly RCT and I do enjoy your comments.

Mind games are starting! Jacker posters seem to be trying to build up their team where as Ormond and the Tigers rarely do so. Me thinks that the Tigers have an ace or two up their sleeve whilst Ormond have a full forward who is a gun who hasn't played for several weeks!

Public Service Announcement:
Given that the season ends for 6 C Grade teams this weekend, what are the drinking establishments the general public should avoid?
Similarly, what regional centres and interstate cities should be avoided on weekends in the coming weeks?

U18 Insider said:
Quite right, played the older guys in the ones inside of the youngsters.Formed an "alliance" with St Mary's and St Damians, but do nothing for both of them except let them use the ground. St Mary's off to join with Watsonia, St Damians considering Bundoora.

None of their players will go to OP's now that they are off to D1, they should never have sacked Assetta as coach.

The U19's have stated that training with the seniors drags them down

the numbers training at garvey oval tonight were pretty sparse - probably just enough to fill a forward half, 6-10. but expected with club in dissarray.
recent coaches have been a disgrace. should have looked for someone who had recent playing and coaching experience, ones they brought in were old warhorses from previous eras at parade.

BlindedByTheLight said:
the numbers training at garvey oval tonight were pretty sparse - probably just enough to fill a forward half, 6-10. but expected with club in dissarray.
recent coaches have been a disgrace. should have looked for someone who had recent playing and coaching experience, ones they brought in were old warhorses from previous eras at parade.

BBTL,
I thought that D Grade Dale was well liked and respected as a coach? He seemed to do quite well last year. Is he stepping down or does he want to go on? Was there really only 10 at training?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..."I just spent six months in a leaky boat..lucky just to keep afloat"....

Well just like those plucky Mexican fisherman, three teams have spent the past 6 months or thereabouts baling out the water and scraping together a water bottle trying to survive in the whirlpool that is C section..The Garvey boat has sunk and will bob around in the 'D' Pool in 07...will the Gillon sub resurface in 'C' or sink to 'D' a double drop if they do, or will the Rovers fail their swimming badge and be taken by the 'D' Section sharks to feast on next year...players will be as desperate as Hansie Cronje and wound up tighter than a Murali doosra with a little bent arm action....a far cry from what some of the good judges including our very own legal Eagle 'Scribe who saw the NOBS and Paradians looking towards September action in his pre season view.

Coach Burgs leaves us, an armourment to the game (perhaps from Pakistan) where he is rumoured to have accepted the job as coach of East Falhalisbad Lions in the small but highly competitve PAFA league...he did say he will miss a few games mid season travelling back Melbourne to secure a few more arms deals...an what of the RED's...so much hype, touted as the new Xav's on the horizon, collecting silverware as regularly as Christies Auction House...have they been the biggest disappointment in 2006 or does 'Yasmins getting married' just beat them for this prize as well.

For some the season will finish late tomorrow afternoon and gert by turkey will take hold on Monday....and for some it is just the beginning.

In the words of the immortal Greyhound race caller Ron Hawkswell " there all boxed in the last at Sandown, set to go.....racing"

RCT

BlindedByTheLight said:

Maybe if you had driven past the Garvey, on the way to Bundoora FC, at 6.30pm instead of 6.15pm you would have been able to count 32 - 35.
There is no doubt that relegation to D Section is the lowest point of Parade's history but we will bounce back.
I hope it has also been noted that there has been no whingeing or 'excuse making' from our camp.
We broke it & we will fix it !

RCT......you are starting to come adrift. If there is a knock at the door don't answer it. It will be those men with the white jacket that ties at the back.

Agent 86....do not fear...just the result of a combination of round table conference into the early hours of the night and sleep deprived state due to the little torpettes being very restless and an annoying garbage truck ensured no man got any sleep....

RCT

Get Smart - you are spot on. A lot of people believe old redmond may be a little nutty but RCT has clearly lost his marbles....

Reds Tips for this week:

Nobs v Monash - Nobs are gone - double drop

Vultures v Parade - Parky in a canter, but will it be enough........

Tigers v Ormond - as fraser said - who cares - not red thats for sure
(reserves is a preview of the 2nd semi though - interesting)

Jackas v the OC - The giant will extend the giant arms up into the sky and pluck a few grabs to steer Orange county into the finals (sorry Parky) Jackas already focused on 2nd Semi

Reds v Hampton - Rovers to stay up. What??? I hear you ask - well the reds have nothing to play for, Rovers have everything and the Reds are more concerned with winning a reserves flag so have picked teams accordingly (could be a record margin in the two's)

Thankyou all

The Red

"^NOBSPCs 3.2 9.5 10.11 13.13.91"
"^Monash Blues 3.3 6.4 9.6 15.8.98"
"^======================"
"^Parkdale Vultures 1.7 12.12 17.16 19.17.131"
"^Old Paradians 4.3 7.4 10.8 14.11.95"
"^St Bedes / Mentone Tigers 2.6 6.10 9.14 11.17.83"
"^Ormond AFC 2.2 7.4 9.7 11.7.73"
"^AJAX AFC 2.5 5.10 8.13 9.21.75"
"^Old Camberwell 4.4 6.8 9.11 12.15.87"
"^Fitzroy Reds 3.1 9.4 12.7 17.11.113"
"^Hampton Rovers 6.2 9.3 13.6 15.9.99"

Believe the Monders Committee is none to pleased with the tosser who placed an inflammatory page in the club newsletter last week. The tosser laid into the local residents, wrongly blaming them for some proposed Council changes to parking around the ground.

Suppose all clubs have their resident nuff-nuff. Reckon this one will have a sore arse after its been kicked from one end of Gunn to the other. My vote for TOOL OF THE WEEK.:thumbsdown:

Just blowing in from D3 for a tick to say a big thank you to all at Ajax for their offer of assistance after our clubrooms were trashed earlier this week.

From all at South Melbourne Districts AFC, Thanks and good luck in your finals campaign

Must say what a fantastic website the Tigers have! The site gives open access to all visitors unlike the Rovers and Ajax sites which I no longer visit. They are poor incomparision as they heavily restricted general visitors. Pretty poor approach. Maybe we need to get our friend Get Smart to crack their sites!

Congratulations to Ajax for their win over OC this afternoon.Whilst the result was in doubt for 3 quarters the Jackas played the better, more skillfull, footy and fully deserved the 4 points. They are a well drilled and well balanced footy team.

Their defence was superb led by Raleigh who stood Loats, to great effect, all day. Lots of free running both ways early ,with Ajax's better skills the main diffference. Hard contests around the footy,both sides having a genuine dip. I don't subscribe to the theory that Ajax are soft, they get that tag only because they run so well.

Still fancy St. Bede's to go thru undefeated but have to like Ajax to go up as well.

Hope they do. I won't have to listen to the pathetic drivel their manical supporters carry on with for another 12 months. A couple need an attitude adjustment,as does the lowlife who reckons eavesdropping is clever.

As for OC ,ended up probably where they belonged given this years list. With such a young group the next couple of years promise to be most interesting.

Thanks to the people who have posted informative, humourous and/or intelligent script over the year.

Good luck to all the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back