C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
juicyskipper said:
Rumour has it no 12 from stbmt is a big show for the 2s comp b&f
12 from STBMT fits in nicely with ditch davey, georgie voyage....i mean smyth and tim davis.........interesting ES

Well Im down there at Sandringham Football Club at 11.30 to watch #12 in action!

RCT- Do you give odds for the most disposal in the 2s or loose ball gets??? Cause Im sure my good mate will dominate! Just hope he does not pull a heart string!
Will you be at the games on the weekend which will enable me to lay out some cash

Bede me up said:
It is certainly important to many people at all clubs involved, not to mention more than a few people on this thread. Just because your season ended in disappointment and you are not a part of September action - don't squeeze your sour grapes over the excitement that some others are enjoying.

Again, Scribe - disappointing.

Boy oh boy...you are a little touchy on this subject Bede! Clubs don't and shouldn't strive to win twos flags and trust me, it will be quickly forgotten.
Good luck anyway against Ajax tomorrow!

Josh Mcloud said:
Well Im down there at Sandringham Football Club at 11.30 to watch #12 in action!

RCT- Do you give odds for the most disposal in the 2s or loose ball gets??? Cause Im sure my good mate will dominate! Just hope he does not pull a heart string!
Will you be at the games on the weekend which will enable me to lay out some cash

Josh,

RCT has still yet to receive the approval from VAFA HQ regarding setting up a betting tent this weekend but I'll be there regardless.

By my records you owe me $50 outlayed on Paul Sullivan who wasn't listed as Parky invited player (and can't therfore be a winner) but you had another $10 on Loats at $7.00 that is still alive.

If you want to back No.12 for most disposals in the early game I'll lay that bet.

RCT

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Josh,

RCT has still yet to receive the approval from VAFA HQ regarding setting up a betting tent this weekend but I'll be there regardless.

By my records you owe me $50 outlayed on Paul Sullivan who wasn't listed as Parky invited player (and can't therfore be a winner) but you had another $10 on Loats at $7.00 that is still alive.

If you want to back No.12 for most disposals in the early game I'll lay that bet.

RCT

Rct,

No rosen tomorrow willl help enourmously. Really they play with only one key dangerous forward (rappaport) with sutton the other dangerous player.
with rosen, bloom and rappa, it is far more formidable.

OTL,

My mail is the Tigers are keen to take on whoever, wherever. Plenty of ducks and drakes will be today's game of the day with who is and isn't playing. I don't think it will matter as it is game day and who wants it more that will earn the win....reckon I know who that is!

RCT

RCT....
no permission is necessary from VAFA if you locate within the Sandy social club.
It's also not good form to take a wager from someone on a scratched horse RCT ....#12 me thinks might be out???

For mine the weekend will bring happiness to SBMT & Ormond

overtheline said:
Boy oh boy...you are a little touchy on this subject Bede! Clubs don't and shouldn't strive to win twos flags and trust me, it will be quickly forgotten.

What do you expect OTL - I'm obsessed remember.

Clearly you've never held a senior position at a successful club with that attitude?

overtheline said:

Well at least now I know you're not John Ironmonger! :p

OFFICIAL APOLOGY​

Recent rumblings on key internet forums has raised the awareness of a glaring error in this weeks' VAFA Official Publication, the Amateur Footballer. Following a review of the publication on Friday afternoon by a hastily convened sub-committee, the VAFA Executive released this statement from C Section Scribe, Fraser Cameron.

"It has recently come to my attention that, in the semi finals' edition of the Amateur Footballer, the C section column has omitted to contain tips for this weeks' Reserves 1st and 2nd semifinals."

"This is simply an oversight on my part for which I unreservedly and completely apologise. Many will be painfully aware of my own committment to dew-kicking footy, borne out in my signature tipping of 2nds results for all previous 18 rounds."

"I have no excuse for this omission, but for what it's worth, I'll make one up. It was to annoy Red Roy, who only has 2nds footy left to cling to (rather like myself actually)."

For what it's worth, my tips would have been (and now are):

STMBT over Ormond
Reds over The OC

I can only hope that the loyal supporters of these sides, and C Section in general, will find it within themselves to accept this apology as genuine and heartfelt. No-one wants to be left out in September, least of all those who actually played well enough to get there!!!!"

Apology ends - REUTERS

Grand Final Day . Nowhere to hide.You get in and get it or you are marking time.. Jackas have too many outside players , quick and skillful and great to watch. Let me know the last time this type of team won a flag......just not tough enough. I was a huge rap for them early but the wheels are off . In fact if Ormond had a coach I reckon they could have gone up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scribe said:
OFFICIAL APOLOGY​

Recent rumblings on key internet forums has raised the awareness of a glaring error in this weeks' VAFA Official Publication, the Amateur Footballer. Following a review of the publication on Friday afternoon by a hastily convened sub-committee, the VAFA Executive released this statement from C Section Scribe, Fraser Cameron.​

"It has recently come to my attention that, in the semi finals' edition of the Amateur Footballer, the C section column has omitted to contain tips for this weeks' Reserves 1st and 2nd semifinals."​

"This is simply an oversight on my part for which I unreservedly and completely apologise. Many will be painfully aware of my own committment to dew-kicking footy, borne out in my signature tipping of 2nds results for all previous 18 rounds."​

"I have no excuse for this omission, but for what it's worth, I'll make one up. It was to annoy Red Roy, who only has 2nds footy left to cling to (rather like myself actually)."​

For what it's worth, my tips would have been (and now are):​

STMBT over Ormond
Reds over The OC​

I can only hope that the loyal supporters of these sides, and C Section in general, will find it within themselves to accept this apology as genuine and heartfelt. No-one wants to be left out in September, least of all those who actually played well enough to get there!!!!"​

Apology ends - REUTERS​

Apology accepted Scribe - I think !!

good to see you are on the bandwagon with your tip of the Reds twos

The Roy

Well the talk is the Tigers are back in town after thumping a hapless vulture side led by their disgraceful leader in localboy. The truth is the Tigers never left town. Lookout Ajax.

Don't know if it is just me but missing the 10 pages of this thread since the upgrade on Sat morn.

But saw Tiges demolish the hapless Vultures on Sat. Did it quite easily. But I think they may have a bit of a problem. They are bigger front runners than Ajax. Never ever thought I would say it. But I think Ajax can beat the Tiges. It will come down to the midfield. If Ajax can win in the guts then they will win easy. The tigers refuse to man up (except for Zakic) They ran off the 1/2 back line as if they wouldn't lose the contest in the middle. Run and kick through the lines and the the Tigers will be caught out. Make them accountable.

Watched the C Section Prelim and must say how uncompetitive Parkdale were. St Bedes dominated every position in the first quarter against a four goal breeze. They backed off after quarter time because the contest was over. Parkdale kicked just five goals for the game and were lucky to do so. If the Tigers appeared unaccountable it is probably because of their lack of respect when competing against average opponents. I thought they play their opponents on merit! I wouldn't be quick to write off their chances against Ajax. .

i saw the Vultures Vee Tigers on saturday, Ground was in good nick by the way. weather didnt really affect the game much, hardly any rain. I can see what you're saying about tigers being unaccountable, but it can also be a good thing, they have so much faith in their midfielders and blokes around the ball to win it. And they usually do from what i've seen. and when they don't they are string minded enough to push back hard. They have injected a little pace it seemed on the weekend. smaller type of blokes, which is similar to ajax, so sure to be a ripping contest. Now just hope i can make it! go tigers

torpedo9 said:
Ajax's players are by all reports as likeable a bunch as an opposition team can be..... it is their supporters who are a bunch of ferals!!
Strange but that's not the impression I got when I attended an Ajax game at the Fitzroy Reds ground.

Perhaps it's some of the people who complain who are the real ferals!

Bring it on....that's the word from the Tigers camp after Saturday's demolition of Parkdale. A great first term against the wind set the game up for the lads from Brindisi street and they never gave their opponents a sniff after that. Plenty of upside for the Tigers with fresh players available this week. Tyquin trained solidly last week and could have played Saturday but the Tigers hierachy played their strategic cards well and will reap the reward.

Word has already leaked out that Ajax have booked the Sandy Social Club rooms post match this Saturday to celebrate their 'premiership' and further more caps and shirts are being produced as we speak.....getting way ahead of themselves in football terms.

Just got that feeling in the Mazenod rooms after Saturday's game that the Tigers have got some unfinished business.

RCT.

And yep what has happened to all the previous threads from last week...Mobbe please investigate as keyboard time is valuable!

Bananabender said:
Strange but that's not the impression I got when I attended an Ajax game at the Fitzroy Reds ground.

Perhaps it's some of the people who complain who are the real ferals!
Let's leave all the negative comments re Ajax supporters off the thread this week boys! Hope it is a cracking game with the Tigers winning by 66 points!

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Bring it on....that's the word from the Tigers camp after Saturday's demolition of Parkdale. A great first term against the wind set the game up for the lads from Brindisi street and they never gave their opponents a sniff after that. Plenty of upside for the Tigers with fresh players available this week. Tyquin trained solidly last week and could have played Saturday but the Tigers hierachy played their strategic cards well and will reap the reward.

Word has already leaked out that Ajax have booked the Sandy Social Club rooms post match this Saturday to celebrate their 'premiership' and further more caps and shirts are being produced as we speak.....getting way ahead of themselves in football terms.

Just got that feeling in the Mazenod rooms after Saturday's game that the Tigers have got some unfinished business.

RCT.

And yep what has happened to all the previous threads from last week...Mobbe please investigate as keyboard time is valuable!
Well done to the boys from Brindisi St.

As everyone has said so far, they pretty much controlled the game from the outset after setting themselves up with a great opening stanza.

Good luck to them for this weeks game and on going straight back to 'B' section.

They had winners all over the ground on Saturday and should be fairly confident about next week.

One question RCT, what was Kinsella on about before/during the game? His actions were rather unsportsmanlike. Even more bizarre considering his opponent has been a long time teammate / friend.

Mobbs,

what the??

some of Reds finest work appears to have been lost for ever!! VAFA historians will be devestated because Roy has learnt they are planning to use his account of the year to keep AMMO records up to date.

Please advise

THE RED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back