C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
And what this Brooksy....a poem?

RCT

Where does this say I have laid a bet? That shows I have just asked for odds.

Im eagerly waiting the odds on the best players for Saturday and who will win the medal.

Can you get back to us on that?

Brooksy01 said:
The true team of the year

b the cat brooksy01 bede me up
hb tigers nuts get smart ammo man
c everdayspelling juicy skipper red roy (vice captain)
hf three mulgas rct (captain) guru joffa
f quietly confident over the line phantom strobler
r scroda benny moff the beacon

int ammoandy, josh mcloud, grandstand guru, egor, DG man, cfe, scooty dog, bigwilly, bogfootyfan

Brooksy - a couploe of points with your team. Whilst honored to be named VC I cannot cop being led by RCT. He has followed my lead all year and would not exist if it were not for the great one (roy). I can play on the wing but would look for the odd change with juicy Skipper so i can slide into the guts and do some damage.

Another point as to why I should be skipper. Red roy is the only poster to make it into Scribes weekly musings in the footballer. Surely I should lead this team over RCT !

Where is local boy??? Didn't make your side? A bit stiff, you could have named him al lose man in defence like he did for himself all year!

Please amend accordingly

The Roy

Brooksy01 said:

int ammoandy, josh mcloud, grandstand guru, egor, DG man, cfe, scooty dog, bigwilly, bogfootyfan

An absolute honour to make the Team of the Year!!

I have no doubt that RCT and Red Roy will lead the team admirably!!

I must say, RCT must be overwhelmed at the thought of lining up at CHF next to the brilliant Guru Joffa!!!!! :thumbsu:

I'm honoured to be named as Captain and believe it a just reward for helping an old man like Red Roy thru the C Section year. Not sure how he will cope without me next year as he sits in Caesearian section again in 2007.
Not sure if Brooksy can pick himself full back and if he did play there he could not take any kick ins as they might not make it out of the square!
Perhaps Local Boy or a cameo from Georgie Boy Smythe for this task!

RCT

Scribe:

as the true leader of the C Section thread I have been asked by my fellow posters if you could please offer a sneak preview of your C Section Team of the year before it hits the Record this weekend.

Given that some clubs will have copies on Thursday night I would hope that you give the loyal follwoers of this grade a first look on Wednesday Evening or thursday morn

thankyou

The Roy

ps - will you be seeing you first C Section game for the year this Weekend??!!!

Brooksy01 said:
Where does this say I have laid a bet? That shows I have just asked for odds.

Im eagerly waiting the odds on the best players for Saturday and who will win the medal.

Can you get back to us on that?

Brooksy....I was chatting to me old playing days opponent now bookie, Simon Beasley on Sunday and he was telling me story about this little annoying fella who wore his cap on backwards at the Australian Cup meeting at Flemington last year. Beasley said he kept coming up to him on the stand wanting to bet $1 each way on Candy Vale but only if he gave him odds of 10/1...Simon got sick him and eventually said ' I'll give you 12/1 straight out the win only'...the little fella with the cap on said ' hang on I'll be back in a minute after I get $2.00 off my dad'.....but he never returned.

Tell ya what Brooksy...why don't you give us the market for the Best on Ground Medallist.

RCT

Red Roy said:
Scribe:

as the true leader of the C Section thread I have been asked by my fellow posters if you could please offer a sneak preview of your C Section Team of the year before it hits the Record this weekend.

Given that some clubs will have copies on Thursday night I would hope that you give the loyal follwoers of this grade a first look on Wednesday Evening or thursday morn

thankyou

The Roy

ps - will you be seeing you first C Section game for the year this Weekend??!!!

Roy,

It won't be the first C section match I've seen this year. I went to the AJAX - Reds game in rd 2 and caught a couple during the A/B bye weekend.

Last weekend was looking good until I was reminded about how little time I'd spent at home in the previous 20 weeks. Anyhow, with an AJAX invite for brunch on Saturday, there's a very good chance of me catching my fourth game of the season.

As requested, the C section TOTY is as follows (with apologies to about 38 blokes who were probably stiff to miss out)

B: Israelshon (AJAX) Zakic (STBMT) Cahill (Fitzroy Reds)

HB: Smyth (Mon) M. Wintle (STBMT) Sleep (NOBSPC)

C: Tyquin (STBMT) Anstey (STBMT) Lewski (AJAX)

HF: Curran (OP) Macgeorge (Parkdale) Miller (Orm)

F: Craven (Mon) Loats (OC) P. Sullivan (Parkdale)

R: Browne (HR) Keleher (Orm) Rittermann (AJAX)

I/C: Chisholm (Orm), Sutton (AJAX), Christie (OC), Davis (Fitzroy Reds)

Coach: Tim O’Shaugnessy (AJAX)

Oh and I've tipped AJAX by 16 points in the big one. Gutsy - I know. Best of luck to all involved in both games, it's been a ripping season and deserve a ripping finish.:thumbsu:

Cheers

Frase

I have Matthew McCraw as a 2.50 favourite Ritterman medallist, should’ve won a few years ago against whitefriars in a losing side. Looking to make amends this time.
Very hungry for a spot this week. He is a proven finals player! The coach of the tigers will use moose as their trump card. He has beaten Lewski in all meetings over the past couple of year
Smart play by the tigers

Brooksy01 said:

I thank you Brooksey.....the Strobler

Scribe said:
Roy,

As requested, the C section TOTY is as follows (with apologies to about 38 blokes who were probably stiff to miss out)

Oh and I've tipped AJAX by 16 points in the big one. Gutsy - I know. Best of luck to all involved in both games, it's been a ripping season and deserve a ripping finish.:thumbsu:

Cheers

Frase

Obviously Not much thought into the selections.

How you can have Macgeorge in the team at all let alone at CHF is beyond me and I think a few writers previously spoke of Barker from NOB's who I think ended up kicking over 60 goals for the year which was many more than Craven from Monash kicked (how many more??? can someone answer?). He has to be included.
Browne not best Ruckman either, Ruckman form Monash had a much more consistant year.

Brooksy01 said:

Thank you Brooksy, it is indeed an honour and privilege to hold a position in the team. Some may question my inclusion as a latecomer with very little C grade match time this year, I see it as recognition of what talent I do have, and unstinting hard work at the training track and in the magoos.

Tigernuts

Ammoandy said:
Congratulations to the quick running tigers outfit and lots of praise for the Parky boys. To a man they all attended afterwards for a drink and a chat. Good to see good sportsmanship and blokes enjoying one anothers company.
Well done to the Parkdale crew finishing no3, it showed a lot of spirit.

Thats what its all about Lokan you goose. Good show Parkyboys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bronks said:
Obviously Not much thought into the selections.

How you can have Macgeorge in the team at all let alone at CHF is beyond me and I think a few writers previously spoke of Barker from NOB's who I think ended up kicking over 60 goals for the year which was many more than Craven from Monash kicked (how many more??? can someone answer?). He has to be included.
Browne not best Ruckman either, Ruckman form Monash had a much more consistant year.

Tend to agree. Meyer clearly best runckman for mine, with Crilley not far behind. Agree with Macgeorge comment and wouldn't have curren in. Smacks of giving every team a go type scenario.

If he is going to have the likes of Sutton etc who played half seasons, then lets include Boundy

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
To quote the great man Dennis Committee ' You just get the feeling there's a certain closeness between Monkeyboy and Brooksy'....' and what about that Brooksy, not a score on the board all year and he's asking the bookmaker to sharpen his pencil'....

To all those who can't read a form guide....last start winner ' Ajax '...they are favourites no doubt about it.

And to those who point out that the OC's last two wins have been in the dry conditions...ask yourself who did they play and what were the score lines...8 goals isn't going to win the Reserves premiership this week.

RCT

Tigers clearly the favourites in both games.

Yes, Ajax was a last start winner, but did enjoy a favourable rails run (i.e - accurate kicking).

Richard, will the Tigers (Snrs) keep the 3 fleet footed reserves players who played against Parky on Saturday?

Whilst we're looking at scorelines in the 2's, I did note that the Tigers conceded 15 goals to Ormond 2 weeks ago, whilst OC conceded just 5.

Cheers,

Bede (back pocket of the year)

Brooksy01 said:
I have Matthew McCraw as a 2.50 favourite Ritterman medallist, should’ve won a few years ago against whitefriars in a losing side.

It would be nice if Ritterman could take home the Ritterman medal!

BTW Brooksy, you've obviously never seen me. Scroda is more Peter Bell than Aaron Sandilands and hence may struggle to hold down ruck in team of the year

BMU,

Won't know the answer to your ' team selection ' question until Thursday night but even then I can't make that one public! All three perfomed very well on Saturday and didn't do their cause any harm...

I reckon the OC's benefited from the fact that Ormond Reserves had copped the Tigers two weeks running and I noticed that one of the best players 'Barnes' from those two matches was missing at Central Reserve Saturday - gone overseas was mentioned...

Scribe...instead of brunching it on Saturday a responsible C Section Scribe would be watching firstly the Reserves game and taking notes for your column and then be out amongst the public getting a feel for the day, the crowd and the match...time for you to loosen that tie and get amongst the C Section throng...you have been very easily led!

RCT

Scribe said:
Roy,

It won't be the first C section match I've seen this year. I went to the AJAX - Reds game in rd 2 and caught a couple during the A/B bye weekend.

Last weekend was looking good until I was reminded about how little time I'd spent at home in the previous 20 weeks. Anyhow, with an AJAX invite for brunch on Saturday, there's a very good chance of me catching my fourth game of the season.

Cheers

Frase

Frase,

thanks for the team. no matter who you pick it will always be contraversial.

Apologies for the little dig about not getting to matches.

I know you still run around for Trinity and i believe you are the Secretary there as well. It is a big effort to then also write the C Section report each week, well done. (Me thinks there may be spot on the ammo executive one day for Frase) Not to mention lining up beside tommy Brain and that other fella for the love of the game segment!!

Roy particuarly liked the Tour De France edition and of course who could forget the day that the Great Red Roy made it into your column, a highlight for us all.

In all seriousness a job well done Frase my man, you should be honoured to have the official Red roy seal of approval.

that is all

The Red Roy

Scribe, Disappointed that you did not respond to the SBMT invite to lunch with us at the Grand Hyatt and the chopper ride to Trevor Barker for game time. Also Scribe. Seen two games for the year and you pick a team of the year. give us a break. Macca at CHF is an embarrassing selection! His best would be HBF. Also M Wintle polled high in B&F and should have been a certain selection as ruck rover.

Scribe

Team of the Year certainly came from left field. If you needed a little help there was a few teams on here that came closer to the mark.

[
Another point as to why I should be skipper. Red roy is the only poster to make it into Scribes weekly musings in the footballer. Surely I should lead this team over RCT !

The Roy[/quote]

Did see the great Guru Joffa get a little spot in to Scribes column. A 3am post about Paul Sullivan getting injured in the last game of the year caused a few chuckles down at Gerry Green

Brooksy01 said:

Proud to have made it. But would have had Guru Joffa as boot studder. Best years are behind him but can still make a contribution.

bigwilly said:
[

The Roy

Did see the great Guru Joffa get a little spot in to Scribes column. A 3am post about Paul Sullivan getting injured in the last game of the year caused a few chuckles down at Gerry Green[/quote]

I did notice this obvious subterfuge from Guru and Scribe appeared to fall for it,. however, Roy was mentioned by name which is a subtle yet significant difference

The Roy

ps - Scribe - Local Boy hasn't played a game at CHF all year !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back