C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bigwilly,

Bootstudder, pleeeeaaaasseee!! Settle down will ya.

I've had a very consistant season and brought to this forum a fair bit of jocularity, frivolity and friendly banter. Half Forward Flank is where I belong and have no doubt I would slam home a lazy 7 or 8 with RCT and Red Roy feeding me all day. Now I'm not saying I'm a "Craig Bradley" type and can assure you I can get a hard ball if required!!

Personally, I think you are extremely lucky to have snuck in on the Interchange bench. I think there were several unlucky posters to have not made this 'star-studded' lineup and I think you should consider yourself very lucky!!

Anyway, I'm off to training to get ready for the big Forum Footy Game. Who are we playing against...

:thumbsu:

Happy to sit in the background Red Roy and go about my business quietly. I don't need my Name Up In Lights all the time!! :thumbsu:

Guru Joffa said:
Hey Bigwilly,

Bootstudder, pleeeeaaaasseee!! Settle down will ya.

I've had a very consistant season and brought to this forum a fair bit of jocularity, frivolity and friendly banter. Half Forward Flank is where I belong and have no doubt I would slam home a lazy 7 or 8 with RCT and Red Roy feeding me all day. Now I'm not saying I'm a "Craig Bradley" type and can assure you I can get a hard ball if required!!

Personally, I think you are extremely lucky to have snuck in on the Interchange bench. I think there were several unlucky posters to have not made this 'star-studded' lineup and I think you should consider yourself very lucky!!

Anyway, I'm off to training to get ready for the big Forum Footy Game. Who are we playing against...

:thumbsu:

Much to the disgust of fellow teams members Local Boy could not get a game, He took upon himself to be coach of this star side (apart from RCT who is no star) from all reports is a born battler! It was Local Boy who wanted RCT captain b/c in this case he might shut up for once

Everyday Spelling said:
M Wintle looks more like john butler and plays like him too

pretty ordinairy m8, i think only one of the guys, who polled higher then him either in the leage b&f can hav a go at him (his own teamm8 being at no.3). he'll hav a good time in B section u hak

Just imagine what he could achieve with all the talent at St. Kilda after what he has achieved with the bunch of hacks at Parky.

Red Roy said:
Frase,

thanks for the team. no matter who you pick it will always be contraversial.

Apologies for the little dig about not getting to matches.

I know you still run around for Trinity and i believe you are the Secretary there as well. It is a big effort to then also write the C Section report each week, well done. (Me thinks there may be spot on the ammo executive one day for Frase) Not to mention lining up beside tommy Brain and that other fella for the love of the game segment!!

Roy particuarly liked the Tour De France edition and of course who could forget the day that the Great Red Roy made it into your column, a highlight for us all.

In all seriousness a job well done Frase my man, you should be honoured to have the official Red roy seal of approval.

that is all

The Red Roy

Thanks Roy.

To all who have pointed out the shortcomings, I accept that the side has been selected on the basis of the information I have received over the past 20 weeks. Roy's right, I do have a few irons in the fire, but writing the C section column has been a lot of fun, and I hope I've been at least as entertaining and informative as the other columnists.

I think C section has been awesome this year, and was very grateful for the regular reports I received from St Bedes MT, AJAX, OC, and the irregular musings of the Reds and Monash coaches. I picked up Rovers and Ormond info off their websites, but couldn't usually get anything about Parkdale, Parade and NOBSPC before the AF deadline.

As for the TOTY - you guys are correct, I started with my half team of the year and slotted in some guys who have shone in the second half (particularly Sutton who has really given AJAX a massive lift). Perhaps Boundy should be CHF as Macca played mainly out of the square, likewise Chisholm is a bold pick but I believe the children are our future (a la Whitney Houston).

In any event, if it gets you guys talking and people reading, then it can't be all that bad. I'm looking forward to writing with more accuracy next season and with Steve Maus at Fitzroy, I already have a good mate to help me out there. Not sure how seriously I'm going to take my own footy in 2007, which may mean greater scope for attending your games and getting amongst the C section faithful.

In conclusion, and given there's only one match left - thanks for making this forum as enjoyable to read and post as it has been. There has been a genuine sense of good fun and certainly a source of some useful (and not so useful) info!!! Thanks for the red herring Guru Joffa.

Massive news brewing at Brindisi St. Anstey did not train, due to apparently gaining a slight hamstring strain on saturday and is truthfully in serious doubt. Tyquin as well looking an unlikely starter but was never really going to get up anyway.

This could make the difference on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyday Spelling said:
settle petal. we'll be up to challenge you clowns in 2008 where M.Wintle will be gobbled.

ES

he might but not by u, by the otha 21 blokes on ur side, ur the biggest passenger goin round in vafa

hotdigitydog said:
Massive news brewing at Brindisi St. Anstey did not train, due to apparently gaining a slight hamstring strain on saturday and is truthfully in serious doubt. Tyquin as well looking an unlikely starter but was never really going to get up anyway.

tyquin trained strongly and anstey took the nite off, both are as fit as anything 2 play on saturday, u may queiry ur info source

Brooksy01 said:
I have Matthew McCraw as a 2.50 favourite Ritterman medallist, should’ve won a few years ago against whitefriars in a losing side. Looking to make amends this time.
Very hungry for a spot this week. He is a proven finals player! The coach of the tigers will use moose as their trump card. He has beaten Lewski in all meetings over the past couple of year
Smart play by the tigers

mccraw trained strongly for the tigers tonight and is very close to being selected with the injury to a few key players

hotdigitydog said:

HDD,

Not sure where/who you source of info is but it's time to change it...anyone who actually went to Brindisi street last night would have seen first person out and running on the training track - S.Anstey

He then joined the entire senior squad at an indoor venue not far away for an alternate training night as did Tyquin who is also a definite starter and there will also be other surprise available players who some may have thought finished for the season!!!!!!

There's a certain feeling at Tigerland that you just can't describe...

RCT

Richard Clay
Is McCraw likely to play? I have played against him a number a times (not since about '02 thou). Always found him to be a great player and a bit of a "heart and soul" type of club man. What do you think?

Cheers Ugly

Ugly,

Yes I remember some great battles between the two of you in the past. Been watching the D Section thread all year and your results...couldn't believe the last round outcome...footy can be cruel sometimes.
Our opposition this week don't like the No.54 for his hard at the footy approach and they are one of those teams he loves to play so you just never know.

I remember watching your goodself and the BT's against the Jacka's in the GF at Sandy a few years ago...I'm sure a Tigers win on Saturday will bring a touch a happiness for you!

Cheers

RCT

Mobbe,

I think you would have to be the pre match motivational speaker for the C Section Big Footy team....with your obvious love of all things written I reckon you would produce a speech somewhere between a classic Teddy Whitten address and an Edgar Alan Poe reading...imagine that

Confusing but precise, enraged but calm.....

Mobbenfuhrer said:
If I don't get a place in the Broosky1 team of the year I'm going to lock the thread! :mad:

Mobbe, you can take Big Willy's spot on the 'extended' interchange bench as he doesn't deserve a spot! Sorry, but the half forward flank position is 'out of bounds' due to it going to a superstar!!!!!:thumbsu:

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Mobbe,

I think you would have to be the pre match motivational speaker for the C Section Big Footy team....with your obvious love of all things written I reckon you would produce a speech somewhere between a classic Teddy Whitten address and an Edgar Alan Poe reading...imagine that

Confusing but precise, enraged but calm.....

Mobbe, have a go at this...

It’s got to be a do-or-die effort. It’s got to be a determined effort. You’ve got to show me all the guts and determination you’ve got in your body. You’ve got to inspire me with this last-quarter finish. You’ve been in front all day and you’ve got to stay there... :thumbsu:

If that doesn't inspire us, then I'm not sure what would...

Guru Joffa said:
Fair go Bigwilly, there not all hacks down at Gerry Green. That big red headed fella that wears No.1. goes ok.

Parkdale's always had a team of hacks since I've had dealings with them since the 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back