C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scribe said:
If I may make two final points on the subjects argued above.

I have never had a dig at the STBMT coach in my reports or on this site - I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. The fact I chose the AJAX coach for the TOTY was based on the matters listed above and, rather than being a sleight on Beveridge, was simply a gong for the efforts of O'Shaugnessy. No doubt Beveridge was the reason they won the GF, and he has two medals to stay with him forever, so well done Luke. However, I was asked to choose the TOTY coach the week after AJAX had pulled off the biggest upset of the season. This was also after almost everyone from had thought that STBMT were absolute morals for the flag

NB - surly, you point out that all 3 STBMT sides won flags, when Ajax couldn't get their reserves or U19s into finals. I think this speaks volumes for the efforts of the senior coach with the senior 22, when the club clearly has less depth than the Tigers. how you could argue otherwise is kinda wierd really.

As for time and effort to put into the column, it takes me about 3-4 hours between Sunday morning and Tuesday midday to collate, research and write each week. I agree wholeheartedly that, ideally, those people who write for a particular section should be in a position to attend those games in order to write a first hands report on at least one match per week. Unfortunately, due to my own playing and committee commitments, my Saturdays are spent with Old Trinity from 10 am to 5pm. You may say that means I should write for A Grade, but there's an obvious conflict of interest, so I would never suggest that.

Maybe next year a recently retired C grade veteran will put their hand up for the gig. If that's the case, and they have the competition's interests as close to heart as most of us scribes, then you can look forward to better reporting in 2007.

Well said scribe!!

My point is; Bevo overlooked three sides winning flags and all playing the style of footy and listening to the messages that he coaches them, not just one.

One last thing;

You go on about the tigers depth well it only came from heavy recruitment at the end of last year by Bevo and CO.
If you look at the side that was relegated from B grade, to the side that played in the C grade final, you will see it is very different and Bevo too had to mould a new team. From our count, there were roughly 10 first year players in the tigers GF side.

Scribe, thank you for your reply and reasoning.

Scribe, Sorry to be on your case, but.......your C Section Team of the Year showed that you hadn't seen much, if any C Section Football and had done little consultation. Tony Macgeorge has been a great C Section footballer as a full forward. In later days he has played lose across half back and done reasonably well. This year he spent most of his time up back. The fact is that he never has and never will be a CHF. In 2006 even Macca would admit he is over weight and only a shadow of his earlier days. To pick him at CHF destroyed the whole concept of a team of the year for most who know anything about C Section football.

Would also add my support to Beveridge as Coach of the year. The fact that Parkdale came third with their list shows that the comp was a long way off previous years. Ajax lost several games against average opposition. Macca would have been a better candidate than the Jackers coach!

Scribe, you say that you beleive that it gives you more reason to shadow Tim (AJAX coach) over Bevo with regard to the quality of individual sides..

Surely with flags to the reserves and the 19s, this just proves the amount of work which Bevo has put, training, recruiting etc. You go on the logic that Tim had an 'ordinairy list', with your commitment to C section this year, which astounds me why you even do it with prior committments and noticable errors in the team of the year..how can you judge a side with your knowledge..?

You don't know wheather the reserves and 19s had good list or not..you also don't have a great deal of knowledge on either senior side, both AJAX and St.Bedes. It shows when the 19s defeated AJAX in diV 3 by over 200 points both times and the reserves side giving regualar 100+ floggings to the 2s AJAX side...What's Tim been doin with the other blokes on the list?

I think it just goes to prove and show how much of a tight knit group the tigers are, by both Surly and Brooksy01 sticking up for each other, and not just lettng others lay into their mates.

(P.S) What a bunch of chokers AJAX loosing by a point after being 8 straight kicks up in the second quarter..I know who my coach of the year was, the guy who rolled the dice for all and at the end of the day had a premiership medallion over his kneck and the cup aloft with the skipper.

sImpLy f0oTy said:
Scribe, you say that you beleive that it gives you more reason to shadow Tim (AJAX coach) over Bevo with regard to the quality of individual sides..

Surely with flags to the reserves and the 19s, this just proves the amount of work which Bevo has put, training, recruiting etc. You go on the logic that Tim had an 'ordinairy list', with your commitment to C section this year, which astounds me why you even do it with prior committments and noticable errors in the team of the year..how can you judge a side with your knowledge..?

You don't know wheather the reserves and 19s had good list or not..you also don't have a great deal of knowledge on either senior side, both AJAX and St.Bedes. It shows when the 19s defeated AJAX in diV 3 by over 200 points both times and the reserves side giving regualar 100+ floggings to the 2s AJAX side...What's Tim been doin with the other blokes on the list?

I think it just goes to prove and show how much of a tight knit group the tigers are, by both Surly and Brooksy01 sticking up for each other, and not just lettng others lay into their mates.

(P.S) What a bunch of chokers AJAX loosing by a point after being 8 straight kicks up in the second quarter..I know who my coach of the year was, the guy who rolled the dice for all and at the end of the day had a premiership medallion over his kneck and the cup aloft with the skipper.

Have to agree with you there SImPly! How can Ajax's list be described as anything less than awesome? The same team( plus kirzner) won 8 in a row last year, so they were always going to be strong with the addition of Ritterman( VFL). Bevo coach of the year clearly and I would put McGeorge ahead of the Ajax guy, given what they did with an ordinary list and no depth.

GetSmart said:
Spoke to the player that supposedly posted. Can confirm that someone out there is purporting to be him which makes sense. You shouldn't believe what you read. Particularly on this site. Get Smarter please

Why was GetSmart trying to cover up for Tyquin (the recent postings by Surly and SimplyFooty seem to confirm that Surly is in fact Tyquin)? If Tyquin wants to apologise for being a bad sport (or if people at his club are embarrased by the rubbish he has been posting), surely he is man enough to do it himself.
Once again, why are the St Bedes players/supporters being so negative with their postings on here. Is there any need to rubbish the opposition? and who cares if your coach is not voted "coach of the year" by one guy who hasn't seen a game for the whole season!

BooYeh said:
Why was GetSmart trying to cover up for Tyquin (the recent postings by Surly and SimplyFooty seem to confirm that Surly is in fact Tyquin)? If Tyquin wants to apologise for being a bad sport (or if people at his club are embarrased by the rubbish he has been posting), surely he is man enough to do it himself.
Once again, why are the St Bedes players/supporters being so negative with their postings on here. Is there any need to rubbish the opposition? and who cares if your coach is not voted "coach of the year" by one guy who hasn't seen a game for the whole season!
Read my lips....... Tyquin did not post those comments....... Can I say it any simplier than that!

The fact that ajax magoos and unders had dissapointing seasons is in no way a reflection on the senior coach, but rather a lack of depth at the club. Clearly, Beveridge had the cattle to work with, evidenced by dominant performances in the magoos and unders all season.

O'Shaughnessy is a football genius, and it amazes me to hear some of you suggest otherwise.

demonbob said:
The fact that ajax magoos and unders had dissapointing seasons is in no way a reflection on the senior coach, but rather a lack of depth at the club. Clearly, Beveridge had the cattle to work with, evidenced by dominant performances in the magoos and unders all season.

O'Shaughnessy is a football genius, and it amazes me to hear some of you suggest otherwise.

A football genuis who blew an 8 goal lead in a grand final....yeh right!

demonbob said:

Surely 'demonbob' you can give Bevo some credit, instead of ignoring the fact of him coaching a senior side to a Grand Final and winning it, and secondly watching over the 19s and reserves, whilst training them at the same time twice a week..

Surely mate you can give the bloke some recognition, and not make up anymore excuses that we've already heard about, regarding why he didn't!

BooYeh said:

Can also say 100% that it ai not tyquinn

GetSmart said:
Read my lips....... Tyquin did not post those comments....... Can I say it any simplier than that!
Surly is not Tyquin.... rather he goes by the alias of JuicySkipper (been quiet for a while).

Coach of the Year. Who cares... Ajax had no depth, Parkdale had even less, but I reckon both those coaches would prefer to have that medallion around their neck, rather than being named COTY.

Build a bridge people.

Scribe, you do a good job, but I must agree McGeorge at CHF is totally off the boil, you might as well have L. Terrel (#70 StBMT) named as ruck. The only other glaring mistake was M. Wintle (StBMT) as CHB. He's a ruck rover / rover.

But once again, who cares... the real deal is being named in the big footy team of the year and the back pocket suits me fine.

Have any teams had their Vote Counts / Presentation nights yet? I know footy's not an individual game (no i in team blah blah), but if so, how about posting your clubs B&F winners.

sImpLy f0oTy said:

Had a quick scan of all of this rubbish...i've got to say...most of you guys are pathetic. To gloat over a premiership, then get on a forum and have a go at opposition coaches, players and clubs shows a complete lack of class and dignity. Be gracious is victory for god's sake.
Scribe- Dont get in a slanging match with these bogans...they can't even spell let alone argue. Yes, St Bedes will go down as premiers 2006, but i can't imagine your club condoning this absolute dribble and trivial tripe that many of you go out of your way to ignite. A blight on you all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

demonbob said:
Would Kinsella be the worst bloke in VAFA history?

Surely....

I am an avid ammo supporter and enjoy watching any games. I have watched 3 St Bedes games this year and I find Kinsella rather amusing, plays it hard but fair, niggles his opponents, but always shakes hands with them and buys them a beer after the game. Very much in the MacGeorge mould.
A true VAFA old time character.

For crying out loud if you lot don't behave none of you gets any ice cream.

Re coach of TOTY. It seems the choice of coach was contentious, possibly wrong. The reasoning has been explained, this is fair reasoning, though whether its right or wrong can be argued til the cows come home. Basically, the 2nds and 3rds not winning flags could be a sign of less to work with, or could be a sign of less comprehensive achievement. I'm sure none of the coaches really give a **** anymore. Suffice to say there were some impressive coaching performances this year.

Re Kinsella: I went to Brindisi for Reds v Tiges. Kinsella (v Maghamez) niggled, annoyed, trash-talked, pushed and shoved. At one point (was it half-time?) we looked up and Kinsella was lying on the ground with Maghamez walking away from him. One Tiges fan was heard to say among amused/surprised laughter "Kinners has got him rattled, he just decked him!"

In the third quarter I noted Reds reserves players head down to the goals to give Maghamez a bit of moral support and see if they could sledge Kinsella a bit from the sidelines. I went along, stood some distance around outside a pocket, and gave Kinsella a little bit of hell myself.

Plenty of sledging, one side expressing that Kinsella was getting a bath, the other arguing that Maghamez was being outplayed. Fact is, Maghamez kicked (I think) 5, and Kinsella played a good game. Both were serviceable. Neither were backward in coming forward with colourful language towards the other.

At the end of the match (the ball came down Fitzroy's way I think only 1ce in the last quarter), Both looked at each other, grinned, and shook hands. They looked like old friends.

I didn't go to the rematch but I'm sure they tried to kill each other during the game, and shook hands with a grin at the final siren, all over again.

Can't speak for every single think Kinsella has done, but while I hated his guts that day, I can't say he did anything but want to win.

(PS: I think Maghamez just shaded Kinsella that day, but in the wash-up, 10 goal win to St Bedes, so Kinsella didn't exactly have to match riding on his contribution)

Saintly5 said:
Had a quick scan of all of this rubbish...i've got to say...most of you guys are pathetic. To gloat over a premiership, then get on a forum and have a go at opposition coaches, players and clubs shows a complete lack of class and dignity. Be gracious is victory for god's sake.
Scribe- Dont get in a slanging match with these bogans...they can't even spell let alone argue. Yes, St Bedes will go down as premiers 2006, but i can't imagine your club condoning this absolute dribble and trivial tripe that many of you go out of your way to ignite. A blight on you all.

Well said

Mobbe,

Great reading your post re Kinsella v Maghamez..it was a terrific match up between the two that day and your summary is a reflection on the battle and the characters involved that day....It's amazing how one character can have the postings that Kinna has had created about him..what most people are not aware of but the Tigers were aware of on GF day was Ajax planned to play forward through Kinna where possible which was interesting when the Tigers had given him the job on Bloom the same day to 'get in his head' as he had been a damaging player in the 2nd Semi....Perhaps in these somewhat sanitisied days of AFL led football, many people forget there are many ways of putting your opponent 'off their game'...sometimes it works sometimes it does not...defenders have a job to do and in the wash up I'd say Blooms return of 2 goals in the GF and he had little influence on the game after 20 mins into the second term would indicate Kinna 'did his job'....and those who have posted some of the rubbish about things he did on GF day are talking way out of their league. To win a GF you need all sorts of players in your team and despite what people may observe from the outside Kinna offered an enormous amount to our team this year that outsiders would not know about.

Secondly, for those who may be posting/reading the recent threads post GF, don't believe everything you are reading is coming from people involved with the Tigers...let's just say there is an element out there who like to post as if they are from Brindisi street who are not....we are and always will be humble in victory and gracious in defeat...we are extremely proud as a club of what we have achieved this year and will be working even harder to reinforce this in 2007....as I have already stated, many out there only know half of what happened on GF day and is still happening behind the scenes.

Cheers

RCT

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Secondly, for those who may be posting/reading the recent threads post GF, don't believe everything you are reading is coming from people involved with the Tigers...let's just say there is an element out there who like to post as if they are from Brindisi street who are not....we are and always will be humble in victory and gracious in defeat...we are extremely proud as a club of what we have achieved this year and will be working even harder to reinforce this in 2007....as I have already stated, many out there only know half of what happened on GF day and is still happening behind the scenes.

Thanks for clarifying that RCT. Hopefully we won't hear anything more from the likes of Surly, Simply Footy, Brooksy and Josh Mcloud...It's fairly sad to not belong to a club but still claim a premiership as yours - ranting and raving in the way that they have. Let's hope they get the message that they are not a part of your club or your premiership!

Reagarding the Kinsella Maghamez matchup, i beleive he kicked no more than 2 or 3 on Kinna..Maghamez kicked a few in the first quarter and then Kinna was moved onto him..
Clearly beat him, getting into his head and taking him totally off his game, to the point where Maghamez totally lost it going into the half time break, yelling screaming..etc.

I think some people need to realise that Kinna usually gets the job on the oppositions main forward with a job to 'take him out of the game' and reduce his opponents affect on the game. A job I think he does damn well, and goes alongg way to his sides success this year.

SF

sImpLy f0oTy said:
Reagarding the Kinsella Maghamez matchup, i beleive he kicked no more than 2 or 3 on Kinna..Maghamez kicked a few in the first quarter and then Kinna was moved onto him..
Clearly beat him, getting into his head and taking him totally off his game, to the point where Maghamez totally lost it going into the half time break, yelling screaming..etc.
SF

Well I can't argue with the bit about the first quarter because I only arrived five minutes before 1/4 time! So you could be right. I only saw the last goal, and can't remember which Reds player kicked it, it bounced through.

At half time, if Maghamez was yelling and screaming, he must have had laryngitis, as I didn't hear any of it. Saw Kinsella get up off the ground though, that certainly happened.

In the third and fourth quarters the ball hardly got down to the Reds ends, I only remember one major event of note between the two, and that was Maghamez taking a big mark way away from Kinsella, at about CHF (I think Kinsella and a team-mate had swapped opponents for just that play, simply because that's the way it worked out). I think Maghamez missed the shot at goal.

And in the last quarter, I only remember the ball coming down there once. Poor kick, straight to Kinsella, who gave it off ... and that was about it. They looked at each other like long-lost lovers after the final siren. I think they had great time butting heads together!

Attn The_Cat, I'm not so sure he'd know, he didn't look a hell of a lot like a computer person :p

On the money RCT. It would be a disgraceful shame on the Jacca's part if what you say is true.

The sun has long set on that Saturday afternoon and to the victors went the spoils.

What do they hope to achieve anyhow.

Boo Ajax Boo.

The_Cat said:
On the money RCT. It would be a disgraceful shame on the Jacca's part if what you say is true.

The sun has long set on that Saturday afternoon and to the victors went the spoils.

What do they hope to achieve anyhow.

Boo Ajax Boo.

What the? :confused: I knew I should have taken a copyright out on my user name!

Hope you're not posting crap #2 Cat, coz everything I put on here is fact and I'd hate to get a bad reputation as a result of something you've posted.

Cheers :thumbsu:

No crap here, only deal in facts and some light jocular refreshments for my fellow C-sectioners.

But you're somewhat mistaken as I'm not #2 cat, I'm the Top Cat.

What thread did you blow in from anyhow.

Cheers :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back