C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game the other week and there was no suprises really the tigers looked strong all over the ground and ansty kicked 2 in the opening quarter off the half back line and Paul the "RAT" Wintle had his first game back from overseas and gathered plenty of the ball off the wing and another new recruit in Anthony Scafidi kicked 7. Also the young 16 year old in Bretty Collins kicked 5 off the wing. The tigers looked to play as a team and looked liked they enjoyed themselves with there new coach and his style of play.

GetSmart said:
I watched the game the other week and there was no suprises really the tigers looked strong all over the ground and ansty kicked 2 in the opening quarter off the half back line and Paul the "RAT" Wintle had his first game back from overseas and gathered plenty of the ball off the wing and another new recruit in Anthony Scafidi kicked 7. Also the young 16 year old in Bretty Collins kicked 5 off the wing. The tigers looked to play as a team and looked liked they enjoyed themselves with there new coach and his style of play.

How is Dave Kinsella going? He is an old team mate of mine at OMs! I am sure he will add a little bit of on and off field entertainment to the Stbedes line up!!!

Supa Frank said:
Fitzroy Reds are all the hype aren't they, what are their strenghts? Do they have good midfield, a gun forward or a tight backline? OR are they just very even all over?

Is the Damien Richie that plays at Fitzroy Reds the same one who played juniours with Eltham?

Slay Master G said:
Fancy going from the Junction Oval to Brinidisi St.... go figure?

Kinsella is a weak dog who hits blokes when they're not looking, he tries to make up for his lack of heart and ability cowardly violence on the field.

He will fit right in with the ferals down there!
Is he any relation to De La premiership player Damien?

Big news today is that Daniel Zacek is set to leave Fitzroy Reds to sign with his old club North Old Boys. Will be a blow for the roys as I hear that Zacek has been starring in the practice matches. I think that NOBs may be a bit of a smoky this year - they are always likely to have 2 or 3 guns turn up on their doorstep looking for a game, especially now that they have the alliance with St Pats. Will be interested to see how they go down in the Cs

Has anyone heard anything about Parkdale. The St Bedes boys reckon they will get relegated,but last year they were pretty good. Is Kinsella such a big loss that they will go down? What other players do they have.They certainly dont have Sammy Anstey.

Dropkicker said:
Big news today is that Daniel Zacek is set to leave Fitzroy Reds to sign with his old club North Old Boys. Will be a blow for the roys as I hear that Zacek has been starring in the practice matches. I think that NOBs may be a bit of a smoky this year - they are always likely to have 2 or 3 guns turn up on their doorstep looking for a game, especially now that they have the alliance with St Pats. Will be interested to see how they go down in the Cs

Heath Usher ex Strathmore off to Reds as well.

Local Boy said:
Has anyone heard anything about Parkdale. The St Bedes boys reckon they will get relegated,but last year they were pretty good. Is Kinsella such a big loss that they will go down? What other players do they have.They certainly dont have Sammy Anstey.

Gee hasn't this turned into a pretty willing thread. If you C grade boys want willing, come to an A grade game and watch OMs v OHail, it is usually on from the first bounce.

kinsella must be the oldest player in c grade. is he going to play in a wheel chair this year??? saw him play 2 years ago and he couldn't get out of a trot. must be playing 2's footy at down there.:confused:

correct he is close to the dirtiest player in ammo's footy. but will fit in nicely with other thugs at the tigers (3 * wintles, moose etc).

Local Boy said:

From what I've heard, stuggled for numbers on the track early,but OK now. Have only lost about 3 players from 1sts. Would be quick to write them off as easy beats. The coach played on one leg last year, he's looking good so far and had enough good players in the 2nds to cover the holes.
That said not much depth, injurys will hit hard, 2s might not win a game.

greentree said:
Mate ,you must be a skirt if you think the Wintle boys are thugs, they are good at sport but I doubt any of them could fight their way out of the old wet paper bag, I would love to play on them.( would give me a bath but I certainly would not be worried about thuggary ).

St Bedes went down narrowly( one goal) to Brighton today. Brighton nearly full strength and tigers have plenty to come back in.

Looking very, very good for the tigers this year.

I am a new supporter to the VAFA as my wife is an old Fitzroy supporter and we are coming down from Bendigo to watch the Fitzroy Reds.

Can someone do a run down of each team and their ins and outs for the year.

Thanks and GO REDS! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caveman said:
I am a new supporter to the VAFA as my wife is an old Fitzroy supporter and we are coming down from Bendigo to watch the Fitzroy Reds.

Can someone do a run down of each team and their ins and outs for the year.

Thanks and GO REDS! :thumbsu:

Caveman,

I will do my best in preparation for the round 1 AF column.
Have so far received material from 3 of the 10 clubs, and will hopefully get more before the Tuesday deadline.

To be brutally honest, it's pretty difficult expecting ins and outs from each team for their sides, you'd be lucky to get that from the VFL teams, let alone C section!!

Regards

Fraser Cameron
C section columnist 2006

Fair call about the ins and outs mate. As a new supporter to the VAFA I just want an overview of all the teams in C section.

Thanks! :thumbsu:

Fair to say Hampton may struggle this season, Ormond gave them a good old touch up on sat. 12-14 goal thumping, doesn't look good for the Hampton boys, only 1 or 2 players missing as well from them.

Apparently St Pauls (SFL) beat Ajax on sat too.

Local Boy said:

Good question local boy. Being from the other side of town i don't know much about these guys either. Everyone in the ammos is obviously aware of Macca, what other good players to they have?

Red Roy said:
Good question local boy. Being from the other side of town i don't know much about these guys either. Everyone in the ammos is obviously aware of Macca, what other good players to they have?

ok guys, round one...what do you think?

Parkdale v Ajax,,Ajax by plenty for mine, even at parkdale

Reds v Parade. Reds by even more

Monash v Camberwell.. Monash in a tight one

St bedes v Hampton.. Bedas easily

Nobs V Ormond.. Ormond comfortably

Agree with your R1 predictions OTL. Not sure about margins but I think you've got all the winners.

overtheline said:

Parkdale to frighten Jacka's as they did late last year
Parade in a close one over the new kids on the block.
Camberwell easily over the great unknown
St Bedes by 5 goals. Dont think Hampton will be as bad as everyone expects.
Ormond by a few.
Another interesting year for C Section !!

overtheline said:

Parkdale V Ajax - Jackas in a tight one
Reds v Parade - Reds in a canter
Monash v Camberwell - Camberwell just- Batzloff is back
St Bedes v hampton - St Bedes - tough local derby
Nobs v Ormond - nobs at Brunswick

Red Roy said:
Parkdale V Ajax - Jackas in a tight one
Reds v Parade - Reds in a canter
Monash v Camberwell - Camberwell just- Batzloff is back
St Bedes v hampton - St Bedes - tough local derby
Nobs v Ormond - nobs at Brunswick

Blacks couldnt beat Parade in 05, how will Reds do it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back