C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its good to see selectors looking outside the square when it comes to selecting under 18 sides.
brett collins has been selected in the victorian under 18 side to take on an allies side at optus oval tomorrow.

as requested in an earlier thread Old Camberwell's B+F result is as follows.

1.David Loats on 60 votes, who polled in 8 rounds.(full forward)
2.Mitchell Hough on 52 votes, who polled in 11 rounds.(mid fielder)
3.Jordan Heffernan on 43 votes, who polled in 13 rounds.
4.Steve Derry on 42 votes, who polled in 6 rounds.
5.Mark Jury on 36 votes, who polled in 5 rounds.(utility)

The night itself was a huge success and enjoyed by those present.
The season was rightly described as a reasonable one ,with the emphasis on bringing new and younger players through.
To this end OC played 10 under 19's during the year and in all a total of 49 players represented the seniors.
Congratulations are in order for the Under 19's ,winning the flag in Divvie 2.

Hopefully 2007 will herald a more 'stable' line up and the success that has eluded the club will be more attainable.

zoofest43 said:

The season was rightly described as a reasonable one ,with the emphasis on bringing new and younger players through.
To this end OC played 10 under 19's during the year and in all a total of 49 players represented the seniors.

Hopefully 2007 will herald a more 'stable' line up and the success that has eluded the club will be more attainable.

Zoo,

Is it true that the Old Scotch Captain, is think of coming home to OC?

Was reading through previous threads, and couldn't help but notice this guys comments. Little did he think about AJAX, he didn't even give the Tigers a chance...

'QUOTE: The Tigers are in for some tough times and we don't need guys like you pumping up the tyres at this time of the year. NOBS StPats will go the double drop to D Section without Minton Connell and Cassell. Making the four in C Section would be a massive efforts for the Tigers, with Old Camberwell and Old Paradians the favorites to play off for B Section in 07.'

Surly23 said:
Zoo,

Is it true that the Old Scotch Captain, is think of coming home to OC?

it is my belief that OC ask 'Bear' every year at this time ,and this year is no different.
Given what happened at Scotch in finals week,OC may have a better chance this year. As a former 2 time premiership player and captain ( under 19's) before he left for A grade he'd be a welcome addition to our line -up.

He is very well liked and respected by all at OC and I for one hope he does decide to grace us with his presence.
If he stays at Scotch I would also like to wish him well.

The_Cat said:
No crap here, only deal in facts and some light jocular refreshments for my fellow C-sectioners.

But you're somewhat mistaken as I'm not #2 cat, I'm the Top Cat.

What thread did you blow in from anyhow.

Cheers :thumbsu:

I'm gonna have to pull rank here champ. Just looking at our respective Join Dates and BigFooty Member Vs Newbie status, I'll assume The Cat #1 ranking for now. :cool:

I follow Seymour in the GVFL and usually look at that thread, but just happened to see your name bob up on the screen yesterday and nearly fell off my chair.

I think that considering its in investigation in progress it probably serves no positive purpose to replicate the entire disagreement here.

For every further post on the subject of the investigation, I will delete that post, and the most recent of the previous related posts, until either a) people stop mentioning it or b) all posts re the investigation disappear.

Nobody's wrong to have thoughts, opinions or even discussion about it, but its not appropriate to have it in a forum where people can be anonymous or even impersonate others. Too dangerous.

zoofest43 said:

Thanks Zoo.

Well done to Loats, pretty good result considering his interupted season, but then again the big bags would always help.

The Vultures presentation night is next week, but I don't think there will be any suprises.

I'm tipping either McGeorge or P. Sullivan to take out the B&F, both have had great seasons, and Mick Sullivan for third.

What do you think Guru Joffa.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
I think that considering its in investigation in progress it probably serves no positive purpose to replicate the entire disagreement here.

For every further post on the subject of the investigation, I will delete that post, and the most recent of the previous related posts, until either a) people stop mentioning it or b) all posts re the investigation disappear.

Nobody's wrong to have thoughts, opinions or even discussion about it, but its not appropriate to have it in a forum where people can be anonymous or even impersonate others. Too dangerous.

Mobbe....
You are loosing credibility if you believe censorship is the answer. I agree that you have an obligation to delete any derrogative comment however to suggest that all comment be stopped is to take away possibly the only forum where the the real truth may eventually be heard.
Let there be freedom of speech!
AA

Ammoandy said:
Mobbe....
You are loosing credibility if you believe censorship is the answer. I agree that you have an obligation to delete any derrogative comment however to suggest that all comment be stopped is to take away possibly the only forum where the the real truth may eventually be heard.
Let there be freedom of speech!
AA
The whole point of a Forum is to give people the oportunity to express their opinion. On this topic I am yet to express mine. Am I therefore also deprived of the right as a regular member of this forum to express my view on this topic?

Mobbe...
don't tell us where to post our concerns, it only serves to derail what this forum is about.
Why would we want to use another thread?

"Freedom of speech" is a vague idea at best.

In regards to BigFooty it means you have the option to:

a) Go to another site;
b) Start your own site.

Mods and admins have every right to make certain topics taboo on any grounds - but it is usually as a courtesy to the people or institutions involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zoofest43 said:
it is my belief that OC ask 'Bear' every year at this time ,and this year is no different.
Given what happened at Scotch in finals week,OC may have a better chance this year. As a former 2 time premiership player and captain ( under 19's) before he left for A grade he'd be a welcome addition to our line -up.

He is very well liked and respected by all at OC and I for one hope he does decide to grace us with his presence.
If he stays at Scotch I would also like to wish him well.

Beranger had an argument with assistant coach Rob Gross and was dropped for the first final with Blues. He has now left, not that he wouldve made much differance in that game. have heard he is going to Balwyn or OC.

zoofest43 said:
selections Round 1.

Ormond
Ajax
St.Bedes
Camberwell
Fitzroy

Good things
St. Bedes
Fitroy

Long Range Tips
Relegation
Hampton and North Old Boys

Grand Final
Ajax vs. Camberwell

Medal Winner

David Mitchell Old Camberwell

Just back from a little visit to the uk to see the family. It's certainly no CBD!!!

Pretty good from here zoofest.

Big digga ditch. He really couldn't handle the massive expectations you placed on him. Next year league b & f for sure. Did play in state game and how did he not get best on.

bob down said:
I am an avid ammo supporter and enjoy watching any games. I have watched 3 St Bedes games this year and I find Kinsella rather amusing, plays it hard but fair, niggles his opponents, but always shakes hands with them and buys them a beer after the game. Very much in the MacGeorge mould.
A true VAFA old time character.

I disagree, kinsella is the worst bloke in amatuer football and probably proud of it. One thing though if i am to believe that he is somewhat of an enforcer where have all the hard men gone??? kinsella couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag!

Bad Luck to AJAX again, seem they lost another battle.

After grassing up A.Hayes to the VAFA for investigation, they couldn't even get their stories straight and Hayes got off! Next time AJAX, think very carefully before waisting the VAFA and STBMT time.

Noboby likes a dobber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benny MOF said:
What is also becoming tiresome is all the whining of STBMT people, you could forgive a person new to this forum for believing that you lost the flag from some Ajax/VAFA conspiracy. Humble in victory is clealy not one of your virtues.

Everybody knows that Kinsella is an over rated thug, regardless of his off-field persona, we all know that he is guilty of poor sportsmanship on the field. A handshake and a beer after the game does not make up for this fact.

The facts are that STBMT have a crap ground, crap people and are despised by all people in the VAFA.

The fact is Benny that our ground isnt great, that we are hated by you and that you dont speak for anyone bar yourself.

Lets stick to the facts Surly. The VAFA called for the investigation via a report from the umpires. Interesting how Hayes told the SBMT runner at 3/4 time in the GF that 'if that bloke keeps poking me I will drop him" and he did. Rumor as fact.

THE BEACON said:
You lost, just get on with life.

Anyway wasnt Hayes headbutted by his opponent first!

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm happy to admit that my school taught me incorrectly, but from my understanding yesterday at 08:57 comes before today at 16:14. As such, I think you meant to direct your comment to Surly who likes waking up sleeping dogs.

lozza5 said:
Lets stick to the facts Surly. The VAFA called for the investigation via a report from the umpires. Interesting how Hayes told the SBMT runner at 3/4 time in the GF that 'if that bloke keeps poking me I will drop him" and he did. Rumor as fact.

Have you got that on your recorder, you should have, seeing you blokes were taping LB's 1/4 and 3/4 speeches. The VAFA called the investigation my A R S E, why then did the player from AJAX do a Stat Dec the day after the game.

Stop hiding behind the VAFA and admit you are a bunch of Sooks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back