Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
geez all the talk about Barnett. He has kicked close to 120 this year. He kicked 90 the previous year. This man can play footy. He showed his class last Saturday against South Cairns. You might find he will be the difference btw Centrals and Saints this week. Put him down for 7 at least.
He dont have to prove anything to anybody.

I would never bag a bloke for kicking a ton its a great effort in a season. Yes he kicked 7 last week but they still lost. He is going to need some help for Dogs to win. I have been saying from the start that the team with multiple goal kickers will win it. Thats why Souths are already there and deserved favourites.

Saints will be hard to beat me thinks Centrals put their all in last week, keep Barnett close checked and he'll be struggling.

Saints by 3 goals

Prediction
CTB comfortably by 5 goals. Barnett to be to big and strong for Couch.
The Doggies midfield to run amok.
Im hearing reports that Cairns Saints might have a late inclusion that wasnt named. A goalkicker perhaps.

Prediction
CTB comfortably by 5 goals. Barnett to be to big and strong for Couch.
The Doggies midfield to run amok.
Im hearing reports that Cairns Saints might have a late inclusion that wasnt named. A goalkicker perhaps.

"Saints will be hard to beat me thinks Centrals put their all in last week,"

Sorry I did predict this

now we have a replay from last year Souths vs Saints

and what a cracker G.F. we'll have

What a cracking day of footy yesterday. Saints knocking out Norths in the ressies in straight sets in a close one then their seniors doing the same to Centrals but in more convincing style. Did Barnett go into the game injured or did he pick it up during the game?. Centrals lost the plot in the end going the snipe with a few Saints players wearing some cuts today no doubt. Plus their supporters were a disgrace. Abusing the umpires as they left the field (thought the Saints had a right to be a bit upset themselves) plus abusing a female Cazalys worker purely cause she was wearing a Saints hat. Some of the worst stuff i have seen in a long time.
Anyway Souths vs Saints in both grades next week. Should be a great grand final day.

an absolute shame to see centrals bow out yesterday in the fashion they did, to play disciplined footy the week before againts souths, and then a week later self destruct. cam bartlett and josh maher should hang there heads in disgrace.. why do above ability footballers have to resort to shear brutality, saints may have won, but centrals lost it literally.

cam bartlett what a dropkick!! when he went down in the middle of that fight with cramp was the funniest thing i have seen on a footy field so back to someones house for a drink today for the centrals lads seeing as they arent welcome at any of trinty's establishments??

cam bartlett what a dropkick!! when he went down in the middle of that fight with cramp was the funniest thing i have seen on a footy field so back to someones house for a drink today for the centrals lads seeing as they arent welcome at any of trinty's establishments??

I think Saints just got into the heads of the Beach Boys in the end and they just lost it. Big Preston was in Bartlett's face all day and was a great move. Saints could have easily lost a player or 2 to suspension but kept their heads. How funny was the streaker during a Dogs shot for goal that went through but was called back just for him to put it out on the full. Thats the kinda day it was for the Dogs

Couldn't agree more with you boys about Centrals (both players & spectators) acting disgracefully yesterday. They were in the game at 3 quarter time but just imploded in the last quarter.....their coach (not sure his name??) should be be ropeable with the way his players conducted themselves in the last stanza. One of the most undisciplined quarters of football I have seen from a team from my years of playing & spectating. Centrals would have to be disappointed to finish the year off like this...totally underachieved for the calibre of players they have.

from what I'm hearing about their antics :thumbsdown:, they won't be welcome in their own establishment soon :confused:

well what a sensational year of footy we have had. Any one of the four could have made it to the GF and from where I sit either Saints or Cutters can take home the choccies.
Crathern count tonight will be another close one but I think maybe Barnett from the Doggies will get this one close second the big ruckman from Cutters. Now the Doggies have finals experience they will definately do everything different next year......... you would hope!!!! Anyway good luck to both teams on Satdy may the best champion team win but my money is with the Cutter boys to take em both and Saints will be the first loosers 2009.............roll on 2010 the biggest improvers next season, my guess will be the Crocs with the mountain of Juniors they have blooded this year, there is a good chance they will be the team to watch.
Unfortunately for my team we were just not good enough. Maybe Hawkies 2010!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to "AB" Andrew Browning from South Cairns Cutter's 2009 AFL Cairns Crathern medal winner. Well deserved big fella, great footballer & absolute gem of a bloke. :thumbsu:

Has been a great year of footy,a shame Centrals went out the way they did and must say have lost a bit of respect for there club and coach. How you can not drag a player/ players after giving away 50 meter penalities has got me shaking my head. Congrats too the medal winners last night, The Cutters ruckmen AB, had me in tears at the end of the night. Well its down to two, I admit I got it wrong [ Centrals and Souths in the GF ] but after the comedy act Centrals put on last weekend no wonder there not playing on the biggest day in AFL in Cairns. Souths I think having the week of and fresh, very well drilled side disciplined as Saints are too, will get up and win the flag. Mark Kennedy to win the medal for best on ground and in the magoos Saints to go back to back.

G'Day all, I know of a couple of melbourne blokes looking to play up in cairns next season. Can anyone tell me what the standard is like up there and which victorian comps would be similar in standard. Thanks.

from what I'm hearing about their antics :thumbsdown:, they won't be welcome in their own establishment soon :confused:
What about Cobras, heard they had a very good shin dig a couple of weeks ago, and who can forget about ctters at the start of the year boxing on before the season started, dont throw stones Tamba, one really big rock might come back to hit you.

What about Cobras, heard they had a very good shin dig a couple of weeks ago, and who can forget about ctters at the start of the year boxing on before the season started, dont throw stones Tamba, one really big rock might come back to hit you.
Great call Leema hope its a bag of rocks:eek:

at least our players have more respect for their club house and haven't caused any damage ,
the incident at the Souths at the start of the year had nothing to do with football,
plus i haven' done a thing to throw stones at so bring it on and see what sticks on me

Great call Leema hope its a bag of rocks:eek:

you dont know me so back off Bigbutt or you use your other alias if you are game to use it so you are not a johnny come lately with 4 posts and think to know all about me or make comment on me

I only repeat here what I'm told and hear around the circuit from players.

Who ever thinks Kennedy will get the BOG medal in the GF obviously didnt see him on theTelly kicking the Doggie bloke in a sly one under the chin while he was on the ground!!! Mind you, neither did the umpire as the free went to Kenno??????
Sorry all but.............. BOG is for the bloke who goes hard and for the footy and for his team all day! Kenno, nope....doesnt fit the bill!!! Howard Kennedy medal goes to AB.....why not make it a clean sweep for the bloke, Crathern, Howard Kennedy medal and the GF......that's my thoughts......:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back