Speculation Caleb Daniel [UFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's a chance for the right deal we'd absorb some cap which may open up options. Would be sad to see him go and I think in the right side he could be a massive bargain. Way too good to be wasting away in the vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Caleb Daniel goes to the dees then that's a blight on Jake Bowey who is younger, quicker and has just as good foot skills. (nowhere near as creative as Daniel though). We can't play both.

if Caleb Daniel goes to the dees then that's a blight on Jake Bowey who is younger, quicker and has just as good foot skills. (nowhere near as creative as Daniel though). We can't play both.
You can use Daniel as a in & under mid. Played there last year to small success. Or try him as a small forward. He has some versatility.

Guess this one's been overshadowed by the clamouring for Houston.

Ralph reported yesterday that he's considering North's offer.

There's also the question of compo for WB...

The Kangaroos could land Darling and Parker with late third and fourth-round picks, but would have to part with a top 25 pick to land the contracted Daniel.

Geelong received #7 for a salary dump, I'd be interested at Pick 8-12.

We are already short, not particularly quick and can't defend too well. Admire this kid but no need to overpay in picks for him and his contract but also the privilege of making space for doggies to lock in bigger (better) forwards.

Geelong received #7 for a salary dump, I'd be interested at Pick 8-12.

We are already short, not particularly quick and can't defend too well. Admire this kid but no need to overpay in picks for him and his contract but also the privilege of making space for doggies to lock in bigger (better) forwards.
It's not a salary dump though neither is Parker neither is Darling you're targeting contracted players with experience unless they're 32 you don't get them for nothing

It's not a salary dump though neither is Parker neither is Darling you're targeting contracted players with experience unless they're 32 you don't get them for nothing

If we target you sideways chipping little guy (midget), pay him full whack and pay your club even pick 40 - i'd suggest we're done as an organisation. No offence but overpaying for Dan Houston and Caleb Daniel would be the knife in the back, for me.

It's nothing less than a salary dump, other clubs get paid for that shit. We pay a Future 4th or you pay us a Future 2nd, could possibly work for CD in the event we don't Bradbury our way into overpaying both in picks and $ for Houston.

If we target you sideways chipping little guy (midget), pay him full whack and pay your club even pick 40 - i'd suggest we're done as an organisation. No offence but overpaying for Dan Houston and Caleb Daniel would be the knife in the back, for me.

It's nothing less than a salary dump, other clubs get paid for that shit. We pay a Future 4th or you pay us a Future 2nd, could possibly work for CD in the event we don't Bradbury our way into overpaying both in picks and $ for Houston.
You're playing Darcy Tucker and Zac Fisher at HB think you might need a player or 2 who can hit a target back there

Will need to part with 22 or F2 to get him.

There’s no need for us to salary dump with Macrae & Smith. In fact, we almost need to keep him for a bit of depth given he plays in a similar position to the the two leaving.

As a North man, I hope to God we don’t pay that type of draft capital but you’re bang on re: your second point.

Unless of course you have some serious contracts coming to fruition in the next year or so. Smith wouldn’t have been on HEAPS I wouldn’t have thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Caleb Daniel [UFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back