Recommitted Cam McCarthy requests trade home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo are trying to trade him now for a packet of chips. How much lower could it go?

Are they?
How do you know?
Are you involved in trade discussions or just making up crap based on comments made on a forum?

Are they?
How do you know?
Are you involved in trade discussions or just making up crap based on comments made on a forum?
This and every thread is made up crap seen in twitter, fb and forum.

If thats your argument i guess we should shut the whole thing down.

Considering you have already traded this years 1st round its looking that way isnt it?

This and every thread is made up crap seen in twitter, fb and forum.

If thats your argument i guess we should shut the whole thing down.

Considering you have already traded this years 1st round its looking that way isnt it?

Don't state it as fact then, your the one always rattling on about people speculating but your doing the exact thing.

Maybe you simply weren't interested in that 1st rounder we had. The two firsts were never going to get it done, we are clearly looking at another plan to try and make it happen. I assume that will involve a player on our list that you want or looking at a player on someone elses to make it work.

With McCarthy having re-signed and having two years to run on his contract, Freo are going to have to offer up some serious overs. And they've already traded their top pick for Bennell, so that looks unlikely.

Freo are trying to trade him now for a packet of chips. How much lower could it go?

Packet of chips?

What's the Carlisle offer that has got Essendon all hot under the collar? Two late firsts. Essendon has come out and said that they prefer this to pick 5. One of those was even in next year's stronger draft.

The Giants rejected that.

Packet of chips? Garbage.

With McCarthy having re-signed and having two years to run on his contract, Freo are going to have to offer up some serious overs. And they've already traded their top pick for Bennell, so that looks unlikely.

No shit.........

Gubby is a crap poker player. Cam is coming, they just need to seal the Treloar deal first. You can't have a guy against their will and expect he'll perform for you. As McCarthy said in the above article, he's gonna ask again next year if GWS don't come to the party. By then GWS have lost a lot of leverage as he's only got 1 year left and coming out of contract as the same time as Jesse Hogan who's another Freo boy.

If you want him, pay up. Stop trying to get him for a packet of used chips. Your first rounder is rubbish. Get a top 8 selection, then maybe GWS will talk. McCarthy won't be at Fremantle anyway. 2 years left on his deal, he will still have 1 year left next off season.

Packet of chips?

What's the Carlisle offer that has got Essendon all hot under the collar? Two late firsts. Essendon has come out and said that they prefer this to pick 5. One of those was even in next year's stronger draft.

The Giants rejected that.

Packet of chips? Garbage.

GWS are not Essendon, they want early selections. GWS don't need a lot in terms of the draft, they do need elite quality as every side does. Early selections not late ones. Giants are right to reject it, those picks are trash, they are basically 2nd rounders. Do tell why you would sell a bloke picked at 14 in a strong draft who has proven his worth and increased his value....for a late first rounder. Makes zero sense.

If you want him, pay up. Stop trying to get him for a packet of used chips. Your first rounder is rubbish. Get a top 8 selection, then maybe GWS will talk. McCarthy won't be at Fremantle anyway. 2 years left on his deal, he will still have 1 year left next off season.

Aren't they looking to trade out their top 8 selection anyway?

Clearly a really early pick isn't of great value to them.

1st and 2nd/ 1st and 1st round pick is overs in my opinion for a 1 year KPF that had a ok season. he showed some flashes here and there but do you know what? gumbelton did at some stage as well, so did Clive god damn waterhouse for f%&k sake. with what is being talked of being offered you'd think they were trading for a young wayne carey. if they add a player to that already mentioned package GWS are having a laugh and must be on some serious drugs if they haven't snatched that deal yet. if I remember correctly i think cam was a 12-15 pick ?? i think he's more than held his value for a first rounder. the moment you start talking about all these add on's you’re having a laugh. the point is he's unproven in a position where in most cases can be a 50 50 flip of the coin to see if they turn out half decent.

someone earlier said it best. the reason GWS are being twats about it is because they know pavlich is all but done meaning a serious gap is in the freo forward line. bridges get burnt when you get a child like the GWS chairman doing deals. clearly in over his head with some of his comments during the week. i'm sitting here reading about adam treloar will probably involve a couple first rounders, (who is an absolute jet mind you and has proven he is a consistent jet). talk of cam being contracted and therfore he would be close to the same value as treloar is preposturous haha:confused::eek:

Aren't they looking to trade out their top 8 selection anyway?

Clearly a really early pick isn't of great value to them.

If they get another top 10 selection they would be keeping it and heading to the draft for that selection. Offer up some serious steaknives meaning Weller HAS to be on the table bare minimum, and even then GWS will say no. It is still way unders for a KPF. End of the day whether Freo like it or not, GWS know that Freo have to pay through the roof, it is the last piece of the premiership puzzle.

Don't state it as fact then, your the one always rattling on about people speculating but your doing the exact thing.

Maybe you simply weren't interested in that 1st rounder we had. The two firsts were never going to get it done, we are clearly looking at another plan to try and make it happen. I assume that will involve a player on our list that you want or looking at a player on someone elses to make it work.
Please. Freo fans state rumour as fact. Hell you have done it.

I hope there is something we want that youll give us. But i dont know wether you guys will be willing to give it up. Especially since youve already gotten rid of your 1st rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please. Freo fans state rumour as fact. Hell you have done it.

I hope there is something we want that youll give us. But i dont know wether you guys will be willing to give it up. Especially since youve already gotten rid of your 1st rounders

That and the fact they seem hellbent in trying to get a KPF without giving up any assets. Lachie Neale would be a straight swap, Weller (with next years first), etc...yet Freo won't consider it. That is fine GWS will keep McCarthy...Freo better hope Pav lasts.

That and the fact they seem hellbent in trying to get a KPF without giving up any assets. Lachie Neale would be a straight swap, Weller (with next years first), etc...yet Freo won't consider it. That is fine GWS will keep McCarthy...Freo better hope Pav lasts.

Your overstating it a little.

Neales = McCarthy + 2nd
Weller + 2nd = McCarthy

At least we know now that Cam will definitely be heading home at some stage.

If we have to wait two years so be it. At least then we can do a deal for pick 1 in the PSD and leave GWS with nothing.

Your overstating it a little.

Neales = McCarthy + 2nd
Weller + 2nd = McCarthy

Neale is a straight swap, GWS would probably throw in a future pick if need be. Weller would need a 1st round packaged probably next season. I still see the latter as the most likely trade if GWS consider it.

Neale is a straight swap, GWS would probably throw in a future pick if need be. Weller would need a 1st round packaged probably next season. I still see the latter as the most likely trade if GWS consider it.

Neale as a straight swap? Surely you jest?

Leon Cameron on Cam
On Cam McCarthy: "Young kids are going to get homesick. He's a WA boy, but since he's moved across he played 20 games the year just gone and kicked close to 40 goals ... we understand the lure to go home, but the fact of the matter is he's a signed player with us. When Cam's with us he's lively, willingness to work hard is outstanding. From where we're from, it's not going to happen."

At least we know now that Cam will definitely be heading home at some stage.

If we have to wait two years so be it. At least then we can do a deal for pick 1 in the PSD and leave GWS with nothing.

Who's to say WC won't be interested, Kennedy 30 years old, so a spot opening up.

2 Mc's sounds good, McGovern & McCarthy with Darling running around.

Last thing GWS needs is more picks. They should be asking for proven players in the 23-27 age bracket and putting them on 4+ year contracts. They are already hemmoraging young talent from the 2s.

By the way why the hell did this moron sign a contract extension in the first place? He sounds like he's a couple of quid short.

This. Sign a extension then go the 'I'm homesick' route. Something doesn't make sense. He is either telling porkies or he is being advised wrong by his manager!

Personally if the Giants refuse to be reasonable over this I hope Cam sits out next season - goes to uni or something. It wont matter much in the long run. Plenty of players have year long layoffs through ACLs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back