Recommitted Cam Zurhaar [Signed until 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news for player and club, particularly the latter.
Player extracted as much as he could $$$ wise from any club and stayed loyal.
Club gets a popular club man and contributor who makes the team better.

I don't rate him very highly but good on him and North.

They need their senior players and he's one of the few that are serviceable at worst and potentially game winning at their best.

Was always going to stay with north having 5 years and border line band 1 price tag
no club was going to get over the north $$$$
He extracted the most amount from north only because north would have taken band 1 but happy to keep for less compo

Lucky boy

I don't rate him very highly but good on him and North.

They need their senior players and he's one of the few that are serviceable at worst and potentially game winning at their best.
I feel similar honestly. He's a frustrating player. You see what he can do one week and then it's totally gone the next. Still, even on bad days he's a solid contributor and we could do without the instability of constantly overturning good senior players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel similar honestly. He's a frustrating player. You see what he can do one week and then it's totally gone the next. Still, even on bad days he's a solid contributor and we could do without the instability of constantly overturning good senior players.

I think North's biggest problem is that you guys have too many players who are at worst liabilities and at best serviceable.

Having players who are serviceable at worst is going to be a good start and I can't remember Zurhaar having too many terrible games.

I think North's biggest problem is that you guys have too many players who are at worst liabilities and at best serviceable.

Having players who are serviceable at worst is going to be a good start and I can't remember Zurhaar having too many terrible games.
That's been the problem over the past 5 years for sure, but it's getting less and less true every week. Who do we have like that in the side now? Stephenson? maybe Tucker or McDonald? I can't think of many offhand, it's not like 2021 and 2022 when we were regularly giving games to guys like Josh Walker, Lachie Young, Aidan Bonar and Kayne Turner, sometimes all at once. We have a new problem now, it's a really young side and a really young midfield especially that haven't played a lot of footy together, especially under Clarkson. Lots of extreme talents who are still feeling each other out and learning how to play together and involve each other in passages of play. We'll see how good they can be once they've been able to settle for more than a year.

That's been the problem over the past 5 years for sure, but it's getting less and less true every week. Who do we have like that in the side now? Stephenson? maybe Tucker or McDonald? I can't think of many offhand, it's not like 2021 and 2022 when we were regularly giving games to guys like Josh Walker, Lachie Young, Aidan Bonar and Kayne Turner, sometimes all at once. We have a new problem now, it's a really young side and a really young midfield especially that haven't played a lot of footy together, especially under Clarkson. Lots of extreme talents who are still feeling each other out and learning how to play together and involve each other in passages of play. We'll see how good they can be once they've been able to settle for more than a year.

I feel like I still see Corr with a momentum killing clanger at least twice a game still.

He's a lot better now than he was last year. Was putrid in 2023.

Fine player. Good to see him stay.

Be interesting to see how he performs in a strong team.
I think this the the thing that gets lost with Zurhaar, he's been in a dog shite side the last 4 years and still played some great footy "at times". I'd be pritty confident he will improve and get more consistent when the team does over the next 12-24 months

You’re no fun man :(

Thats what watching Sam Draper week in week out does to people. It makes them numb to life. There’s only so many fumbles, flops and shanks you can take before you give up all hope.

The staged video of him telling Larkey he is staying was as bad as the Coniglio BS the Giants pulled a few years back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Cam Zurhaar [Signed until 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back