Recommitted Cam Zurhaar [Signed until 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny, because I’ve thought this type of move had Essendon written all over it.

I don’t think Zurhaar has much desire to come back to WA tbh
Yep likes the Melbourne lifestyle

He turned essendon down 2 years ago , they’ll no doubt try again tho

Brad Scott has a hard on for his ex players

I think it makes it more likely, given now they won't lose the extra compensation pick from Hayward bringing in another free agent.

Sydney just need to shed a little cash.
I think its actually less likely now with Hayward signing their main focus will be on retaining cap space to accommodate Warner & McDonald

According to the trade recap in the HS today:

Despite reports, Sydney did not make contact early this season to register interest in the forward-midfielder.

I think hes exactly the type of player that Collingwood will land and we'll treat him like our saviour:

Fits the mould of:
  • Sean Rusling
  • Jesse White
  • Quintein Lynch
  • Daniel Wells
He wont cost us a lot, but itll tie up salary cap space that could have been used in 2,3,4 years time to get the likes of Ben/Max King, Etc...

Exactly. Who to trust?

The correct answer is: none of them.

You can't even trust the player themselves because there is zero to gain and everything to lose by being open and honest about your intentions at the end of the season.

That's why you can see guys like Nathan Wilson saying four weeks before he requested a trade how committed he was to GWS, everyone bookmark Chad Warner's comments on Sydney too.

Best one is Dayne Beams giving the "I'm not leaving!!" speech from Wolf of Wall Street at the Lions B&F when they'd been working on him being traded back to Victoria since the middle of the season.

Another typical Zurhaar game playing against an under maned eagles side
14 touches
1 goal
2 tackles

26 year old 110 game player
Just does not do enough for what is expected of him
Teams will see what he “could be”.

Seems to have one foot out the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s more what can he be in a strong team

Hopefully we find out if he stays and we become good in a few years

Cos so far we’ve made it hard for him
Dont think that would change a great deal

In a strong team there will be better players that would be eating that lunch than Zurhaar
Ball gets into teams foward lines atleast 35-40 times and in a shit team if he was quality he would capitalize and also doesnt appear to have much midfield ability.

Poor mans
Martin > De Goey > Stringer >Zurhaar

Dont think that would change a great deal

In a strong team there will be better players that would be eating that lunch than Zurhaar
Ball gets into teams foward lines atleast 35-40 times and in a shit team if he was quality he would capitalize and also doesnt appear to have much midfield ability.

Poor mans
Martin > De Goey > Stringer >Zurhaar

Not even sure Zurhaar is really in this mold of player. He's much more of a genuine marking tall no idea how good he is though

There's a difference between others going past him and being an "absolute crab".

Zurhaar is more highly rated at North than McKay was, but he does run hot and cold. Not many half forwards in a team with as many wins as we have wouldn't.

Very rarely are Free Agents worthy of the money he will command, but other clubs set to the market (as we saw with McKay), not BF.

We live in a world where Jade Gresham just got 750k per year and next year because of the CBA increase, means clubs have the most cap space in a single off season ever.

Duursma's recruitment also may make his future at the club interesting, as well as how George looks at AFL level, how well Ford/Curtis keep developing and if Sheezel settles at HF next year.

A few factors at play for this next year. I wouldn't be shocked if he left.
Fair enough. I think thats the most likely scenario too and Im a freo supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Cam Zurhaar [Signed until 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back