Recommitted Cam Zurhaar [Signed until 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

The same McKay that got 4 kicked on him by King and kicked the ball straight to a suns player with a minute to go in a winnable game?

yeah, same one who has had the same number of wins in 11 rounds as he had in his previous 7 years

i highly doubt a club offers Zurharr a deal that triggers band 1.

McKay only got it because he is a key position player, and last year was a complete drought for them. Zurhaar is an underperforming mid/fwd. Unless someone decides to massively overpay, i think its band 2 all day.
You have to remember that money being offered has increased in general because of the new CBA increasing the salary cap. The only unknown in any compensation this year will be the length of the contract, which is being incorporated into the herbs and spices mix this year. $800k over 6 years many actually trigger higher than expected compensation.

However, given the increase in average salary and historical examples, such as Karl Amon (reported as $650k and 4 years), $800k over 4 years might be closer to band 3.

You have to remember that money being offered has increased in general because of the new CBA increasing the salary cap. The only unknown in any compensation this year will be the length of the contract, which is being incorporated into the herbs and spices mix this year. $800k over 6 years many actually trigger higher than expected compensation.

However, given the increase in average salary and historical examples, such as Karl Amon (reported as $650k and 4 years), $800k over 4 years might be closer to band 3.

if the CBA goes up, wouldn't also the requirement to trigger band 1 go up?

its based on %'s?

He’s had the 5 year deal on the table for awhile now

But will be liking all the other free agents re-signing watching his demand go up

there doesn't seem to be any media around Zurharr, like there is other players like bailey smith, hayward etc.

think the demand for zurharr is minimal at best.

he needs a good game to stoke the fire.

But will be liking all the other free agents re-signing watching his demand go up
Best for both club and player that he just signs that deal and commits.

No doubt it’s was based on his output from the previous season, so he’ll be overpaid based on what he’s actually worth. North have deep pockets so they won’t really care paying a bit more than his market value.

if the CBA goes up, wouldn't also the requirement to trigger band 1 go up?

its based on %'s?
Which is why I think any compensation is closer to band 3 than band 2.

The unknown is how the contract length will influence the calculations.

It’s all hypothetical anyway, he may resign with Norths.

Or he may live to regret it. If the quality free market pool dries up, it may leave him with no other options and Norths can always revise their offer down.

There are only so many clubs that will play in the FA market this year.

Or he may live to regret it. If the quality free market pool dries up, it may leave him with no other options and Norths can always revise their offer down.

There are only so many clubs that will play in the FA market this year.

it would be band 2 best case IMO

cant see anyone out there paying him big bucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s seems to be mostly north supporters pushing him as they dream of more new shiny toys.
All we know is North have an offer of 5 years which he has not accepted

North may think he is not worth more than $450k and Cam Zuurhar wants more but no takers

Even Hayward had 3-4 clubs mentioned in the media

Cam Zuurhar = Jack graham

We would be so then it’s does a club match it or does he leave for less if so is it enough to still trigger

Currently 5 year deal on the table

suppose that's up to you

the complete lack of noise around the deal suggests no ones that interested in Zurhaar, so if north want to throw money at him to keep. It would be your call.

might work out for you as you probably offer him lower as he has no negoatation power.

I'd take him at Carlton up forward on a mid range contract, not sure he's worth a trade though and North would almost certainly match him and demand a top 10 pick knowing them.
And thats exactly what he is worth a mid range contract around $500k

I personally would hate my team to cough up any more based on his career to now

poor mans Jake Stringer

Was linked to Sydney earlier in the year. Not sure where that sits now Hayward has recommitted

I think it makes it more likely, given now they won't lose the extra compensation pick from Hayward bringing in another free agent.

Sydney just need to shed a little cash.

I think he would do well at Fremantle to be honest.

they need a bit of a bull.

I reckon they might go for him. 500k/4 years or something like that.

I think there's absolutely a place for a player like him, I would prefer that the bounty of draft picks Freo hold currently are traded away prior to lodging any paperwork on that though since the only time there's been a restricted free agent match is when the club he was going to had bulk picks to trade.

Funny, because I’ve thought this type of move had Essendon written all over it.

I don’t think Zurhaar has much desire to come back to WA tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Cam Zurhaar [Signed until 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back