2024 AFL Awards Season...

Remove this Banner Ad

It's that time of year again and with what seems like a dozen plus awards it seems to work with keeping discussion in a centralised location

Yesterday it was the announcement of the AA Squad with Jezza, Holmes & Stengle named in the original 40 man squad

Today it's the nominees for the AFLPA Awards; Jezza Cameron, Max Holmes & Tom Stewart have been recognised by their peers for their 2024 seasons by being nominated for the AFL Players Most Valuable Player Award.

The winner of the coveted prize will be announced on Thursday 29 August.

I know there's already been thread a thread discussing the AA Squad - I'm merging it in here to have all this talk centralised to one, easily locatable thread

Congrats to Jez, Max and Tyson for their excellent seasons 👏

I think Tyson is a lock for the final team, Jez’s final game might sneak him ahead of Curnow in the final team, and Max might miss out this year but hopefully lots of AA recognitions ahead.

IMG_4341.jpeg
IMG_4342.jpeg

Congrats to Jez, Max and Tyson for their excellent seasons 👏

I think Tyson is a lock for the final team, Jez’s final game might sneak him ahead of Curnow in the final team, and Max might miss out this year but hopefully lots of AA recognitions ahead.

View attachment 2092709
View attachment 2092710
There are some shockers. Some absolute shockers. From Geelong alone Cameron should not be in the squad, Joe Danniher, Jason Horne Francis, cam rayner, Brent Daniels. Some genuinely horrible selections

There are some shockers. Some absolute shockers. From Geelong alone Cameron should not be in the squad, Joe Danniher, Jason Horne Francis, cam rayner, Brent Daniels. Some genuinely horrible selections
Second in the Coleman and played a fair bit of the season on the wing and he doesn’t deserve a spot in the squad???

Kicked bags against the shit teams and had some absolute shocking games
Sure but which KPFs other than maybe Hogan and Larkey have been consistent against good teams? He shits in a spot in the squad on both performance and versatility even if he doesn’t make the team IMO?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fair, I thought Curnow had been beating up on poor teams but looking at his stats he has been very consistent. Cameron still clearly in the top few enough to warrant inclusion in the squad if not the team IMO.
Happy for Cameron to make the squad but if he makes the final 22 it’s on previous seasons and no one really dominating like
Previous years

Tough and not a balanced team but it never is
Plenty of Half Backs to fit in

B. Zorko. Andrew’s. Sinclair
HB. Whitfield. Weitering. Blakey
C. Gulden. Neale. Trelloar.
HF. Heeney. Cameron. Curnow
F. Stengle. Hogan. Daicos.
M. Gawn. Bont. Cripps(c).

Bench. Xerri. Butters. Sheezel. Merrett

So let me get this right the team in 1st has 4 the teams 2-4 each have 3 but somehow the team in 5th gets 5 the team in 8th has 4 and the team in god damn 10th has 5.

****ing unreal.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 AFL Awards Season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back