Campbell Brown Fined $15,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinzate1, it does have something to do with the Eagles and Judd. It was a tribunal case involving Judd, an Eagles player.

What did Brown lie about? Did Judd give the same story as Brown?
If Brown is fined for lying to the tribunal, why isn't Judd fined for giving the same story as Brown?

You are right, if Brown had not said anything on monday night, he wouldn't have been fined.
But he did say something on monday night.

Re-open the case. Two weeks off would probably be good for Judd at the moment.

Point taken. But what about Daniel Chick's effort in LYING to try and get one of the Carr brothers (can't remember which one) charged? Subsequent video footage showed no contact whatsoever! Dog act. To my way of thinking that's an even more serious offence. Where's the fine for that?

Josh.

Case thrown out.

Chick ****ed up, trying to get one on Josh.

The difference is he didnt brag about it on TV!

And by the way, what have you guys done to Daniel Chick? I know he's won a flag with you guys, but he seems like a totally different person, and it ain't a change for the better. Your thoughts on HIS character?

Ordinary.

But we have a few of those down here.

You learn to deal. :thumbsu:

Quinzate1, it does have something to do with the Eagles and Judd. It was a tribunal case involving Judd, an Eagles player.

What did Brown lie about? Did Judd give the same story as Brown?
If Brown is fined for lying to the tribunal, why isn't Judd fined for giving the same story as Brown?

You are right, if Brown had not said anything on monday night, he wouldn't have been fined.
But he did say something on monday night.

Re-open the case. Two weeks off would probably be good for Judd at the moment.

This is bordering on ridiculous.

Brown opened his fat trap on TV, has been made an example of and now you want the case re-opened?

Why?

Because Brown didnt think before he spoke?

Cmon......I reckon every tribunal there is bullshit spun, why revisit this one?

Another Andrew Demetriou brainwave. Lets make this a money making opportunity. Hes a parasite and needs to go. At most this was worthy of $5000. If they asked all players if they had lied before and fined them $15k a pop, the AFL would be the richest organisation in the world.

A joke!
The point is most players that have lied when asked that question a few months later would not answer "hyuk, sure did!".
Wouldn't be a very good get rich quick scheme ;)

To be honest I think that lying to the tribunal is probably one of the worst things a player could do off-field and he deserved it. He deserved it for just being stupid enough to admit to it..
I don't care if it was against one of my players. Still a very serious allegation.

The point is most players that have lied when asked that question a few months later would not answer "hyuk, sure did!".
Wouldn't be a very good get rich quick scheme ;)

To be honest I think that lying to the tribunal is probably one of the worst things a player could do off-field and he deserved it. He deserved it for just being stupid enough to admit to it..
I don't care if it was against one of my players. Still a very serious allegation.

So you believe Judd should be punished for lying to the tribunal too?

To be honest I think that lying to the tribunal is probably one of the worst things a player could do off-field and he deserved it.

Sure you do. If Brown had gone in and said "yeah that Judd is an absolute dog, he almost ripped my eye out", you'd be whinging about him dobbing Judd in.

Brown fined 15 grand for lying to the tribunal, A lot of cash for a mistruth, Will Judd be receiving a letter in the mail for also lying to the tribunal as-well?

Judd couldn't see where his hand was, the umpire on the other hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure you do. If Brown had gone in and said "yeah that Judd is an absolute dog, he almost ripped my eye out", you'd be whinging about him dobbing Judd in.

Yes, just like we have all been whining about the pratt that dobbed in Jeff Farmer. Please compare the photos of Brown's eye and then look at Pratt's... in which an eye scan *apparently* revealed a scratch.

The double standards make me want to use the 'r' word. The AFL Players Association should take a good look at themselves. All for one?

Also, I would like the AFL to now act on the false charge that Chick made against Carr.

Judd told the truth as he believed it to be. The umpire agreed with Judd. The video was inconclusive. Brown is a lying bastard.

Why should Judd be punished?
I'd be keen to see what Judd's reaction would be to all this..
I want to see what sort of bloke he really is..
Brown stood up for him, i'd like to see what Judd does..

I'd be keen to see what Judd's reaction would be to all this..
I want to see what sort of bloke he really is..
Brown stood up for him, i'd like to see what Judd does..

Or alternatively, Brown tried to make up for the fact that he laid it on a bit thick trying to get a free kick/report to start with.....

Judd did nothing wrong....

Brown was a tool and got fined.

DOES ADRIAN ANDERSON HAVE A HOTLINE DIRECTLY TO THE WCE CEO? "The AFL investigators are also satisfied the West Coast Eagles Football Club was not complicit in the breech and we are happy to add this to the other issues we have swept under the carpet for them," said Anderson.

That's all that needs to be said really, they are just pissed off that Brown admitted he lied to get Judd off, even though they were pleased he lied, so they didn't have to punish Judd. :rolleyes:

an absolute disgrace
Demetrio is a dead set joke and so is his buddy Andrian Anderson. Two of the worst things to ever happen to the game

Almost mate, take "the and put it in front of "two", omit "of and bold the entire last sentence and then its true.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

LOL!!!!

Funniest thing I have ever heard. He can lie if he likes. Its his face Judd scraped. In a normal court of law its up to the victim to decide if they want to press charges. Brown clearly didnt. Should of let it go

Yeah I agree mate the AFL is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell Brown Fined $15,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back