Can anyone see Rioli or Cotchin beating Palmer for the rising star?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one of the many Vic Media circle jerk awards, so it wouldn't suprise me if Cotchin did win it.

-Walls has a hatred for all things Fremantle that borders on the insane - three? (or is five the maximum?) votes for Cotchin.

-KB's track record - another three votes.

-Healy sounds like he blows his load every time Cotchin goes near the ball. That'd be another three/five.

That's twelve to fifteen votes for Cotchin already.

LOL @ that stupid comment. Didn't Danyle Pearce win this award despite clearly being inferior to Heath 'dont park there' Shaw.

:rolleyes:

Clearly not much.

Correct, I don't go out of my way to watch your lot. However, I still see the same amount of footy as most footy fans (as much as I can get) and he doesn't seem to be going as well as he was early on. And I did qualify it by saying from what I have seen, as you so boldly pointed out.

That isn't a slight on him. In fact, it is probably expected. No need to be a smart arse.:rolleyes:

Try watching a few games would you. Just cos someone on her says his disposal is average doesnt mean its gospel.

Shit Chad Fletcher couldnt hit the side of a house and the same people selected him in the AA team.

i have watched most of your games this year and stand by what i said. i don't just listen to others verbatim and make it my own.

while we're at it - chad fletcher shouldn't have been AA and comparing him to palmer only proves my point of view

Palmer was the best 1st year player this year. Simple.
Exactly, why dont people realise this?

... if they played equal games it'd be Cotchin, Palmer, Dalziell, Rioli.

Dalziell is too old, and Cotchin is already looking run down due to the games this year, if he played anymore he probably would of been dropped by now Get your hand off it,

Correct, I don't go out of my way to watch your lot. However, I still see the same amount of footy as most footy fans (as much as I can get) and he doesn't seem to be going as well as he was early on. And I did qualify it by saying from what I have seen, as you so boldly pointed out.

That isn't a slight on him. In fact, it is probably expected. No need to be a smart arse.:rolleyes:

From round 11 onwards he's gotten 30 touches v Brisbane, 17 v North Melbourne, 27 v St.Kilda, 19 v Essendon, 21 v Geelong, 31 v Port and 19 v West Coast.

Hardly "going cold".

Don't pretend to be authourative as you did in your first post when you clearly know **** all.

Yet has probably been a far better and more consistent player than Palmer since then. Palmer has gone cold whilst Rioli has just kept contributing all year. Mind you Cyril also had a quiet patch and has only started getting that early season zip back in the last 3-4 weeks.

I thought Palmer early on to win after his first 5 or 6 games, but since then he hasn't done much. (Or at least from what I have seen and heard). He probably should and will still win but I don't think he has nailed the door shut yet.

Haha, are you serious?

Wow, don't admit to 'or at least from what I have seen and heard' when trying to win an argument. When most people engaged with a fair and balanced opinion actually watch all the games.

I would like to believe those judging would actually take the time to watch the kid play on a consistent basis rather than believe some rubbish sprouted by a few media types :rolleyes: He's butchered a few kicks when he's been tired (usually after picking up 20+ possessions) and he's not blessed with silky skills, but more often than not he hits a target or gets it to the advantage of a teammate.

If the panelists vote based on performance, no one will go close to Palmer. Rioli and Cotchin have both had great first seasons, but Palmer has been exceptional.

i am not biased to any of the 3, have watched plenty of games, as said above form my own opinion and would like to hear supporters other than hawthorn/fremantle/richmond on whether they believe palmer is a poor kick (and handball fairly often) on what they have seen, both when he is fresh and when he is tired....anyone out there wanna say what they think? :)

Yet has probably been a far better and more consistent player than Palmer since then. Palmer has gone cold whilst Rioli has just kept contributing all year. Mind you Cyril also had a quiet patch and has only started getting that early season zip back in the last 3-4 weeks.

I thought Palmer early on to win after his first 5 or 6 games, but since then he hasn't done much. (Or at least from what I have seen and heard). He probably should and will still win but I don't think he has nailed the door shut yet.
ninety nine----one hundred----change hands.
You surely are joking!!!! Have you even seen the kid play?
If he doesn't win it it will be a travesty of justice.Another VFL award.

From round 11 onwards he's gotten 30 touches v Brisbane, 17 v North Melbourne, 27 v St.Kilda, 19 v Essendon, 21 v Geelong, 31 v Port and 19 v West Coast.

Hardly "going cold".

Don't pretend to be authourative as you did in your first post when you clearly know **** all.

Didn't pretend to be an authority. Gave my opinion and said I thought he was early fav and will and probably should still win. Just said he hasn't been as good in the games I have seen in the second part of the year. Stop having a sook.

Haha, are you serious?

Wow, don't admit to 'or at least from what I have seen and heard' when trying to win an argument. When most people engaged with a fair and balanced opinion actually watch all the games.

I still said I think he will win. Did I win or lose the argument then? :rolleyes:

Who watches all games? You? Or are you talking about the panel that selects. I watch my own team every week and as many other games as I can that fit into my schedule. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That is most games every week. Might miss one or two but I would say I catch as much footy as every other AFL fan.

Jesus you freo boys are desperate to win something though. You even argue against the people who agree.

Good for you.:D

1. Palmer
2. Rioli
3. Cotchin

... if they played equal games it'd be Cotchin, Palmer, Dalziell, Rioli.

No it would be
Dalziell, Palmer, Cotchin, Rioli

Cotchin has showed that he has got talent and will be a star in the future but in his first season has only averaged 16 disposals and is not fully AFL ready.

In all fairness Dalziell is 2 years older than the other 3 players.

ninety nine----one hundred----change hands.
You surely are joking!!!! Have you even seen the kid play?
If he doesn't win it it will be a travesty of justice.Another VFL award.

Reply as per response to your fellow Freo posters.

Hope he wins for all your sakes or you guys might go into meltdown.

BTW - I like the kid. Had him in the DT from the word go.

Watch Freo Vs Port. Palmer BOG. Ignorant Matt Campbell says to Jakovich 'his kicking is a bit off'....Jako replies...'it's not as bad as people think'...Jako is a judge.

This was said while Rhyswick lined up for a banana...which he duly slotted!

I wonder how many with the perceptions of bad kicking actually watch Palmer play...I guess it's the typical Bigfooty stuff like Gibbs is a dud, Knights is a dud etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to the furore when KB gives Cotchin 5 votes and gives Palmer 1

Palmer has this in the bag - no one even close in terms of output this season. Then again - they could always rate it on future potential. But if you rated on season performance - I'd give it Palmer.

People talk about his disposal - it aint that bad - and early in the season it was damn good. The thing with Palmer as well - is he carries the ball 20 metres before he kciks it. Very damaging

That and the fact he gets the top tag each week - Cotchin hasn't copped that yet

Palmer will win, and rightly so, he has been the standout of the crop this year.

Cotchin may have had a chance if he had played since the start of the year, but probably not enough games to beat out what Palmer has done over the whole season. Rioli is third in my eyes. Doesn't mean he isn't an outstanding player and future gun, just means there have been two others who have also had similar outstanding years.

I still said I think he will win. Did I win or lose the argument then? :rolleyes:

Jesus you freo boys are desperate to win something though. You even argue against the people who agree.

Good for you.:D

I never disputed that part of it.

Clearly the part about Rioli being more 'consistent' than Palmer, which is just so backwards it blows my mind. But it's understandable from the 2 Fremantle games you get to see a year.

Try actually employing 'reading' when using the internet. It will save a lot of people a lot of time.

Watch Freo Vs Port. Palmer BOG. Ignorant Matt Campbell says to Jakovich 'his kicking is a bit off'....Jako replies...'it's not as bad as people think'...Jako is a judge..

I agree. I remember watching that game and he was great.

You might have me confused with someone else. I never questioned his disposal skills once.

Palmer has it in the bag, absolute joke if he doesn't win.
I thought Cotchin was a chance of catching him, but has dropped off a bit the last couple of weeks, probably due to not having the fitness base as a result of no pre-season.
1. Palmer
2. Cotchin
3. Rioli.
Lock it in

A lot of ignorant people thinks he lacks class - take at look at the Derby. Palmer wins the ball in the middle, evades two tacklers, hands it off to Gibbo who puts it down Pav's throat for a goalski.

People actually need to watch him play :eek:

I never disputed that part of it.

Clearly the part about Rioli being more 'consistent' than Palmer, which is just so backwards it blows my mind. But it's understandable from the 2 Fremantle games you get to see a year.

Try actually employing 'reading' when using the internet. It will save a lot of people a lot of time.

Another rubbish post. Do you always resort to belittling because you don't agree with someone? Don't use this site if you don't wont opinions that differ with yours.

Do you employ your internet 'reading' skills to judge a footballer? I watch the games to form an opinion.

Oh, and once again - I said that Palmer will, and probably should win. I also think he was better in the first half of the season than the second. I also think Rioli has been great and is probably having the greater impact on games at the moment, hence why I said he has probably been more consistent over the past period that was referred to when I responded.

Either way, it is my opinion (and one that you agree with and strangely still argue :confused:). Yours and even the selection panels, are also only opinions.

Therefore I say this - stop ****ing whinging just because you don't like my post. It's a discussion forum, not a kiss ass agree with me forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone see Rioli or Cotchin beating Palmer for the rising star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back