Can Dallas go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

They are not big enough to deal with the Lakers. Dampier would have to play out of his skin - is it a contract year for him?
Yes he is having a contract year, and he is putting up 8/10/2 on 71% shooting.

I think the answer to the OP is 'probably not', but we have missed Marion, Howard, Dampier and Gooden for stretches and are still 18-7.

We are 8-1 in close games, but I think that is due to some amazingly clutch play (from Dirk and Kidd) than any 'luck'.

I think we are still a big guy and a decent penetrator short of being A grade material, but Dirk has been the MVP thus far and we'll keep riding him.

They are not big enough to deal with the Lakers. Dampier would have to play out of his skin - is it a contract year for him?

I think the answer to the OP is 'probably not', but we have missed Marion, Howard, Dampier and Gooden for stretches and are still 18-7.

We are 8-1 in close games, but I think that is due to some amazingly clutch play (from Dirk and Kidd) than any 'luck'.

I think we are still a big guy and a decent penetrator short of being A grade material, but Dirk has been the MVP thus far and we'll keep riding him.

In terms of upgrades, Gooden has an instant expiring, Howard and Humphries have large expirings, and Dampier has a huge super expiring that a team might want to get their hands on this year.

Basically we have a lot of room for improvment on court (Marion and Howard getting fit) and in transaction upgrades.

I'm convinced that if everything goes right, we are the Lakers biggest challenge from the West.

dallas are nowhere near as good as the lakers

o_rly.jpg

Probably the deepest the Mavs have been in awhile, with the additions of Marion, Thomas and Gooden, so realistically they could finish in the top 3 or 4 in the West come playoffs time. Provided Howard and Marion stay healthy, without them and obviously Dirk they would struggle.

But having said that, the Lakers and Boston are still ahead of them in terms of going all the way. I think alot of 'luck' would have to fall their way in order to win it all.

What big centres could be up for trade that would help the Mavs

I do believe that Eddy Curry is available for the right price.

Dallas are the second best team in the West. The Lakers aren't that much better, pretty sure the Mavs beat the Lakers in LA, and don't say, oh well Gasol wasn't playing cause the Mavs were playing without Howard and Thomas, and an injured Marion. It will be a Mavs Lakers Western conference finals.

The clown who said Kidd is shit doesn't know anything about basketball, still the best leader in basketball, great at running a team and still a great defender.

Please people stop calling the playoffs the finals as well as calling the finals the grand final, its the NBA not the AFL.

Dallas are the second best team in the West. The Lakers aren't that much better, pretty sure the Mavs beat the Lakers in LA, and don't say, oh well Gasol wasn't playing cause the Mavs were playing without Howard and Thomas, and an injured Marion. It will be a Mavs Lakers Western conference finals.

The clown who said Kidd is shit doesn't know anything about basketball, still the best leader in basketball, great at running a team and still a great defender.

Please people stop calling the playoffs the finals as well as calling the finals the grand final, its the NBA not the AFL.

They lost to Portland at home who had half a squad missing. Your timing is somewhat off here brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the past 2 games, I have basically learn to disregard games where stars are missing. The results are so widely variable, I dont know what to make of it.

This is true, but this would mean you would basically disregard Portland's entire season!

My point originally was that after your team has a loss, it's probably not the best time to be singing their praises.

Spots 2-8 in the West are a raffle at this stage, so it depends on who you draw in the first round. Dallas fans would know better than most how easily things can go pear shaped when confronted with a an opponent who troubles you, eg GSW.

Sitting 2nd in the West behind the Lakers

Great effort so far they might drop off or get even better

Howard is starting to put some games together and will only get better

Marion is doing a consistant job and will get better with confidence

Dirk is in MVP form

They can beat anyone else in the West but not the Lakers. Will probably be a rematch of the 2008 finals between the Celtics and Lakers.

They can beat anyone else in the West but not the Lakers. Will probably be a rematch of the 2008 finals between the Celtics and Lakers.

If Howard can get back to his form and Marion can keep improving ithink they are a massive shot to beat the Lakers

Dirk also needs to stay in his MVP form of course

Big chance very deep list deepest they have had in a long time

we won't win shit without a genuine 2nd star. Joe Johnson, Wade, Ellis...whoever.

Dirk has been carrying this team by himself for too long and Howard/Terry are historically bad as 2nd scorers on legitimately good teams.

People say Dirk isnt a franchise player: he carried a team to the Finals that featured Jason Terry as the 2nd best player.

Kobe couldnt get out of the 1st round until he got Gasol and a good Bynum.

Marion, Kidd, Dampier are very good role players, but we need to beef up the 2nd and 3rd spots on our roster URGENTLY.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Dallas go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back