Can North make a better game of it this time around?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that? The last 2 times the sides have met we've flogged them by 10+ goals, that doesn't scream 'good match up' to me, you need to go a bit further back to see when they were competitive with us, so far back it's practically irrelevant.

Things happen.
Who would have picked Essendon to beat Geelong last round.

That's not setting out to take anything away from Collingwood, but I won't be surprised to see them lose another couple before years end.
This one just looks like it could be one of them.

I'll certainly have some money on North, this weekend.

I think they will be much better than last time. I am not sure how their midfield has been going but they really need to win a lot of contested possessions & clearances to be any chance to win. They can't rely on rebound footy.

I think Scott will be looking forward to this game again. Last time it gave him an idea of how they were going and have since fixed a lot of problems. Now he will be able to see how far they actually have improved.

Pies by 34.

Explains why teams have such an easy time walking it out it's north forward line then... Either way there isn't enough tackling or pressure in there. And north won't be a contender until there is

Rebound 50's against

North - 44.8
Carlton - 42.4

Are you suggesting that Betts AND Garlett only concede 2.4 less rebound 50's, compared to Thomas alone?

Thomas must be some kind of superstar then.

Best chance for them is tag O'Brien and Maxwell out of the game - dragging them to defensive goal square. Edwards goes to Maxwell and McKinley stays in and drags O'Brien away.

The good thing about our backline is that we will get rebound out of the rest of the unit regardless. Tag Maxwell or O'Brien and we've still got Shaw, Reid, Davis, Toovey, Buckley/Goldsack to provide rebound.

I can't see North getting anywhere near us. I heard the same kind of things a few weeks ago when we played Melbourne, yet we came out and beat them by 15 goals without Jolly, Swan, Thomas etc.

Best chance for them is tag O'Brien and Maxwell out of the game - dragging them to defensive goal square. Edwards goes to Maxwell and McKinley stays in and drags O'Brien away.

If McKinely is on the ground, we've lost right there.

Rebound 50's against

North - 44.8
Carlton - 42.4

Are you suggesting that Betts AND Garlett only concede 2.4 less rebound 50's, compared to Thomas alone?

Thomas must be some kind of superstar then.
6a00e5514400848834010535b3c408970b-800wi

No.

I was hoping North would have learned their lesson from last time and shut their mouth up about how confident they are they can beat us.

They have not learnt that lesson. So they will more than likely be thumped again.

Possibly worse this time because Cloke, Tarrant and Reid are all in FAR better form than they were in Round 2.

Scary thought.

The good thing about our backline is that we will get rebound out of the rest of the unit regardless. Tag Maxwell or O'Brien and we've still got Shaw, Reid, Davis, Toovey, Buckley/Goldsack to provide rebound.

I can't see North getting anywhere near us. I heard the same kind of things a few weeks ago when we played Melbourne, yet we came out and beat them by 15 goals without Jolly, Swan, Thomas etc.

Why on earth would anyone tag Maxwell?:eek:

North's smalls need to work harder and kick goals. If that means Harvey going forward full time so be it. I see Lindsay Thomas as their major problem atm, just doesn't get enough of it or work on keeping the ball forward enough.

Let Wells, Swallow, ect. Control the midfield with Goldy dominating the ruck. The backline is solid if unspectacular, and the tall forwards are ok with Petrie the obvious star. But it's obvious this year teams with Hard working small forwards are going the best and teams without it are struggling to maintain the required forward pressure.

Thomas not getting the ball or making half tackles isn't the problem. The killer is kicking the ball out of bounds when the side needs a goal. Has contributed to 3-5 losses this year. Can deal with him falling over instead of tackling and living in the cheap seats, just wish he'd stop selfishly shooting at goal. Has little idea of his limitations and 2 -3 more game deciding errors will see him untradeable.

Depends how Collingwood play but I expect similar to the Hawks game but seeing how North are not as competitive across the ground as the Hawks, I expect Collingwood to win by a bit more.

I enjoy the fact that Collingwood 2011 let there football do all the talking.

Other teams like North can yap all week just like they did in round 2 only get get smacked by 87.

North have improved. Collingwood have improved.

Pies by 60 at the G.

No.

I was hoping North would have learned their lesson from last time and shut their mouth up about how confident they are they can beat us.

They have not learnt that lesson. So they will more than likely be thumped again.

Possibly worse this time because Cloke, Tarrant and Reid are all in FAR better form than they were in Round 2.

Scary thought.

Coming off a four day break after the red eye from Perth. Petrie back in plus a few others that were missing I think North will be better prepared this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would anyone tag Maxwell?:eek:

a) pazza suggested that North should. I was just responding to that.
b) Robert Eddy was assigned with this task on GF #2 - not sure if you've erased this from your memory but teams actually do put this into place. He quite often plays loose man and helps out the other defenders with teir assignments.

Coming off a four day break after the red eye from Perth. Petrie back in plus a few others that were missing I think North will be better prepared this game.

Petrie was suspended for round 1 and returned in round 2, fresh as a daisy, against us.

6 day break too lol

a) pazza suggested that North should. I was just responding to that.
b) Robert Eddy was assigned with this task on GF #2 - not sure if you've erased this from your memory but teams actually do put this into place. He quite often plays loose man and helps out the other defenders with teir assignments.

LOL tagged but what ever floats your boat.

Petrie was suspended for round 1 and returned in round 2, fresh as a daisy, against us.

6 day break too lol

Stupid logic.

Are you suggesting that Travis Clokes first 2011 game v Port (5 marks, 2.1) was his best because he was at his freshest?

Stupid, stupid logic.

Petrie won't get smothered by the Collingwood defence in the same way he was smothered by StKilda on sunday.

I DARE Mick Malthouse to tackle him one out.

Stupid logic.

Are you suggesting that Travis Clokes first 2011 game v Port (5 marks, 2.1) was his best because he was at his freshest?

Stupid, stupid logic.

Petrie won't get smothered by the Collingwood defence in the same way he was smothered by StKilda on sunday.

I DARE Mick Malthouse to tackle him one out.

Was just pointing out that Petrie played in round 2 and was fit (someone said he didn't play?).

Our defence is the best in the league anyway, we just held Buddy to one goal, I'm sure Petrie won't be an issue

No.

Scary thought.

Where is anyone saying they are confident we'll beat you?

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday are four days? Cool

LOL Im sure after being on a plane all night Scott had them out on the track Monday. Fact is Collingwood were two days into recovery and North were only just landing in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back