materamagic

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2003
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
All the pressure is on the Saints now they have made a dream start. It will not go through the season undefeated. It has had a deserving run of form and not many injuries but I think this week is a good chance of an upset.

Why you say?

Because no one is giving the eagles a chance or any respect and the attitude at the club all week has been confident and upbeat in the way it was before we made the treck to the GABBA last season.

We now have several tall options and it will do these the world of good to take on the Saints talented brigade.

The midfield battle will be the key. If the Eagles can get on top and play the corridor and spot our big men, we can kick a big enough score and win.

Glass is a very much improved full back and will be dinkum against Fraser. Lynch has played well at CHB. We have a combination of toughnuts and skilled players as do the saints.

Daniel Chick will add too the eagles side and will probably get Hamill who would otherwise go under the radar given their other talls.

Cox is in good rucking form and if he can play as well as he did last week I think the eagles will have the legs but they must capitalise on all opportunties.

So I say the eagles can cause an upset of sorts. Either way it will be a closer game then many are expecting, that is one point I guarentee.

GO EAGLES AND FANS DON'T BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS:D

If you lose by under 60 points it's because the saints were 60 points up in the second quarter and decided to fool around for the rest of the match.

I'm quietly confident... thats not to say I think we will definately win... but I dont think we will be smashed like everyone thinks... The man who I think could help is Travis Gaspar who is just starting to get his legs under him and show some touch... I personally rank him in the top 6 players at the club and I know the club think he is a superstar in the making.

I'm confident we will do a lot better than most people think tomorrow..... the pressure is all on St Kilda... 8 wins in a row.... all of a sudden Grant Thomas gives them a light week without any ballwork to freshen them up..... I don't think thats the kind of thing you want to do when you are on a roll like St Kilda......... besides I spoke to Jako on Friday... and asked him what our chances are and he said he honestly thought we would win on Sunday and that he's not just saying that. :D

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
Can I have some of what you are having?

I'm on nothing but passion and belief, something all true footy fans should have. I don't give a rats what other "experts" think I am my own person. I could be right, I could be wrong. That's life.

Originally posted by Mark Viduka
I'm quietly confident... thats not to say I think we will definately win... but I dont think we will be smashed like everyone thinks... The man who I think could help is Travis Gaspar who is just starting to get his legs under him and show some touch... I personally rank him in the top 6 players at the club and I know the club think he is a superstar in the making.

I'm confident we will do a lot better than most people think tomorrow..... the pressure is all on St Kilda... 8 wins in a row.... all of a sudden Grant Thomas gives them a light week without any ballwork to freshen them up..... I don't think thats the kind of thing you want to do when you are on a roll like St Kilda......... besides I spoke to Jako on Friday... and asked him what our chances are and he said he honestly thought we would win on Sunday and that he's not just saying that. :D

I'd advise all West coast players to bring some pillows and KY jelly. They will get bent over tommorow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the weanies will lift to play the saints,woosha was always one for the big games, and despite not having a premiership the saints have shot out from the pack and are now the hunted, probably takes the pressure of the bears/lions who when they get their startig 22 back will easily be the best team in the league last nights results regardless.

saints by 22 to 30.

of course if the soufle collapses, anything could happen...

Im as big a WC supporter as there is, but I also have to be realistic, we just wont win. I have faith in my team and wont be surprised if we win because IMO we are good enough to beat anyone, anywhere.

But....we really suck against the Saints at the Dome. They have thrashed us there in the past when they were an average/crap team and now that they are actually good, well it doesnt bode well.

There tall forwards will be a huge thorn in our side. Gehrig, Riewoldt, Kosi and Hamill will give us plenty to think about, so much so that it looks like Embley will have to go back into defence again to help out. Glass will go with Gehrig and perhaps Lynch with Riewoldt. Chick with Hamill and Embers on Kosi. Tough.

We will need at least 6 goals out of our tall forwards in Staker, Doogs and Gaspar. Obviously we need our usual goals from Samps and Matera, plus some help from the midfield.

In short, we will probably lose...but hey, everybody has fallen to the Saints this year.

it seems most of the saints fans think it will be close and the eagles fans think it will be close but everyone who is niether and really knows nothing about these to teams thinks it will be a massive saints win. i think it will be close.

saints by 18 ( although i wouldn't be suprised if the saints won by 10 goals )

No chance.

Quality KP defenders are needed to even match it with St Kilda...and West Coast are significantly lacking in that department.

Ummmmmmmmmmm ........ NO. No chance at all. No use for the eagles to show up to this game really, even if stkilda left the ground at quarter time the eagles will still lose by 60 points.
Stkilda - 25-12-162. WCE 1-4-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the eagles upset the Saints?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back