Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether we make it or not so so proud of the club. After a 0-5 start never doubted Sam’s plan just thought that it may take longer to deliver. Thank you the mighty Hawks the last couple of months has been an amazing ride and the kids are starting to believe playing with plenty of flare which is fun to watch. What an amazing club 😊

We have also found players in 2024 that will be a part of our next finals charge.

2024 success storeys Dear, Chol, Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio and Meek.

Mackenzie and Meek have hit 50 game mark. Maginness and Wards games are developing.

Hopefully we may get a McCabe debut before the end of 2024.

Will be very tough from here , need to death ride ‘blues and gws who have very hard run home.

Although enticing and good experience not making finals isn’t the end of world for mine, still a successful season and well above wear most expected we finish, especially after first 5.

Have a big preseason and lock in some new players (KEY DEFENDER!!!) and next year we will be primed

Very excited for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I got this right? Our only realistic chance is to win the next three, then hope the Blues drop one unexpectedly against WCE (away) or Saints?

Sent from my SM-F741B using Tapatalk

No. GWS have a tough run, so we can still catch them, but will likely need a significant % boost to do so. If Freo manage to lose against bombers, then they are also catchable with a tough run home for them. But yeah ,not looking great, today was the key game. Two capitulations from big leads have hurt our finals chances badly, if we'd held on against Port and GWS, we'd be equal on points with second place.

Lost control now. Obviously need to win the remaining 3 but now also depend on other results involving Carlton losing to Saints (or us catching them on percentages) or Giants losing 2/3. A finals spot was there for the taking today and we dropped it.

Need 3 big wins from here and a little luck. Really need to smash Carlton next week.
Yep, something like a 10 goal win will bring our percentages into the same vicinity.

Then smash North and Richmond. All we can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo losing 2/3 and GWS losing 3/3 are both not out of the question given their runs home.

Also if we can beat the Blues by say 4 to 5 goals next week and then really smash Tiges and North overtaking them on % is not out of the question either (also a reasonable chance that the Blues s..t the bed against the Saints in the last round, they have form in this area).

I think it's 50/50 proposition from here if we win the last three. Maybe even 60/40.

Were not going to do anything in finals anyway, if that loss can light a spark over the summer (like the Port game), it might actually be a blessing in disguise.

Regardless, nothing changes. If we defeat Carlton next week, we probably make it. Fremantle’s loss today just opens up another pathway and makes the round 23 GWS v Fremantle match even more important

Outside of our games - not a solitary game has gone our way the last 6-8 weeks. That’s not going to change now - stick a fork in 2024 no matter how many we win the next 3 weeks. Was a fun ride while it lasted.

Outside of our games - not a solitary game has gone our way the last 6-8 weeks.

That's somewhat of an exaggeration. Even looking at just this round, bombers beating Freo, and Carlton missing after the siren have both helped. In previous weeks a few other games went our way too, for example Saints beating Essendon is what allows Essendon beating Freo to be a good outcome instead of a bad one (we still need to overtake Essendon again, but they have games against Swans and Lions, and the Lions game is at the Gabba).

Certainly things could have gone better. Sydney taking a massive form dive has allow a few teams to stay out of our reach.

Outside of our games - not a solitary game has gone our way the last 6-8 weeks. That’s not going to change now - stick a fork in 2024 no matter how many we win the next 3 weeks. Was a fun ride while it lasted.
We beat Carlton next week and we can absolutely play finals.

Put the white flag away, neddy.

We beat Carlton next week and we can absolutely play finals.

Put the white flag away, neddy.

Not so much a white flag as a recognition of our position. Every game this round went that could go against us did - every single one. Our best hope now is winning every single game, which I don’t think is impossible, and Freo losing 2 of their last 3. The Bulldogs have an easy run home and Essendon have a gift playing the Suns at Marvel next week. That or Essendon losing to both Sydney and Brisbane - which given Sydney’s recent form and Brisbane potentially resting players in round 24 I’m not confident of either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back