Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

So the media believe we have a list so overflowing in talent in comparison to the likes of West Coast, Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn that we and only we can't afford to keep 3 of our most talented?

Now there might be some element of truth to this story but it almost feels like they are fueling the hysteria while you sense the worst of the Collingwood hating media are reveling in it.

Why so much concentration on us?

Now I know Hawthorn have lost some big names in recent seasons but still they've added O'Meara, Mitchell, Wingard, Scully etc and are making a big play for Coniglio. They still have multiple premiership players like Gunston, Burgoyne, Breust, Smith, Stratton and McEvoy on their books.

They can afford all that but we have a problem?

West Coast the reigning Premier have a star studded lineup including among others the likes of Kennedy, Darling, McGovern, Hurn, Barass, Naitanui, Gaff, Shuey and Yeo. They are set to make a play for Kelly.

Geelong like Hawthorn still have premiership players running around in the calibre of Ablett, Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor and Duncan. In recent seasons they added a high priced recruit in Dangerfield and other handy types in Tuohy, Dahlhaus, Rohan and Henderson. They are set to add Stevens by all reports.

Richmond won the flag in 2017 and have since recruited Lynch. They already had Rance, Martin, Riewoldt and Cotchin on big money I'm sure.

While I believe we under performed in comparison to our list in the years 2014-2017 it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense that a side who last won the premiership in 2010 and one who had missed finals for 4 consecutive seasons until last year has a major salary cap issue in comparison to the teams above.

Seriously worried about this now.

Why won't the club offer Grundy a 4-year deal? What's the story? Surely you'd move heaven and earth to get that done.

How do we know this Story is 100% True?

If we loose Grundy due to overpaying on Moore then our club deserves years in the wilderness. Grundy is crucial to our long term future.

Moore won't get a Big Contract Offer

If we loose Grundy due to overpaying on Moore then our club deserves years in the wilderness. Grundy is crucial to our long term future.

I think you'll be surprised Dave. His price may have declined but I'd be guessing it's still up around $600k and there wil be other teams offering him a lot more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll be surprised Dave. His price may have declined but I'd be guessing it's still up around $600k and there wil be other teams offering him a lot more than that.

I would not mind him Signing More then 600k but Wouldn't it be lot of Triggers in it?

Hasn't gone our way but Darce should have been that 200+ cm goal square gorilla that kicks a couple, brings it to ground without getting run off and gives Grundog a chop out in the ruck

Hasn't gone our way but Darce should have been that 200+ cm goal square gorilla that kicks a couple, brings it to ground without getting run off and gives Grundog a chop out in the ruck
Yep, and he's very good at ground level too so injuries are such a downer. When you draft someone you mainly look at potential and this has been so frustrating to all.

My gut says that if we have to decide then we let Darcy go and sign Grundy and De goey.
Darcy is a gun but he can barely stay on the pitch.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He played seventeen games including both finals, both JLTs and the Melbourne praccy match so he demonstrated much improved injury resilience. Jordy was actually worse one might suggest.

My gut says that if we have to decide then we let Darcy go and sign Grundy and De goey.
Darcy is a gun but he can barely stay on the pitch.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Though was our Best Player in the Finals.

That would Change People's Mind

Though was our Best Player in the Finals.

That would Change People's Mind
Agree Dave, he and a few other defenders. He was fantastic especially going in underdone and with mental scars. I thought he had a pretty good season anyway. He normally has to play on the best forward in the opposition. Anyway if Pie fans don't rate him opposition ones do and also those in the media were saying again today how brilliant he was in the finals.

I think we keep all 3 at all costs. All play very very very different roles and losing either one would be disastrous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back