Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Title of this thread should probable change to:

Moore, Grundy, DeGoey, Elliot -- can we afford to keep all four?

Evidence suggests at this point no. But why is our salary cap so full? Who are we overpaying?
Can you please share the evidence?

I guess those are the questions I'm asking.

I've heard -- maybe on one of the podcasts? Maybe on Sen? -- that we have not much salary cap room. I don't know the figures though.
Ok, but just keep in mind, those telling you our cap is full don't fully understand the rules on TPP

They use a very blunt calculation i.e. 2020 cap is $X Collingwood are estimated to be paying $Y therefore their cap is full
It is not as simple as that

In addition about 15 of the clubs are in a similar position to us (the rules force that on clubs) with only 3 or 4 having spare space (which they will be forced to use)

Sorry, maybe that's not the right word. "Talk suggests at this point no."
It’s all just speculation.
We do know that Grundy is thinking about his future life as a father. Why he would want to have kids when he is still playing is beyond me.

It’s all just speculation.
We do know that Grundy is thinking about his future life as a father. Why he would want to have kids when he is still playing is beyond me.

But you don’t want to have kids too late, either.

Anyway, we can only go on what is reported. And one report says we have cap issues. Another that Melbourne are offering Elliot more than us.

If we're to believe Herald Scum, looks like Grundy is on board with a 7 year contract pending.
At one million per year. Jordy will probably want 7 years at a million too and would deserve it on potential. Plus North has already offered him a million per season before. Think Moore may be squeezed out but the other 2 are a higher priority.

At one million per year. Jordy will probably want 7 years at a million too and would deserve it on potential. Plus North has already offered him a million per season before. Think Moore may be squeezed out but the other 2 are a higher priority.
There is no way they wouldn't have factored in JDG and Moore when they offered Brodie 7 years, Moore would likely be seen as more valuable than the other 2, if we lose Moore as a result of this then it's a real shit deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way they wouldn't have factored in JDG and Moore when they offered Brodie 7 years, Moore would likely be seen as more valuable than the other 2, if we lose Moore as a result of this then it's a real shit deal
Firstly why would Moore be seen as more valuable than Grundy or Degoey?
Secondly, why would a long contract make us more likely to lose Moore - I would have thought the complete opposite - longer will mean less per year plus it gives us more scope to juggle the salary cap.

Firstly why would Moore be seen as more valuable than Grundy or Degoey?
Secondly, why would a long contract make us more likely to lose Moore - I would have thought the complete opposite - longer will mean less per year plus it gives us more scope to juggle the salary cap.
I think you got confused, I am saying we won't lose Moore as a result of the Brodie deal. With Moore being the youngest of the 3 and having more upside I think he is more valuable than the other 2

Of the “big three” there is only one I would be happy to squeeze out.
DeGoey.
Grundy is a centre clearance driver, as well, as being a defacto midfielder.
All Premiership assaults are built on defence, so Moore is a must have.
DeGoey is a player who can turn a game, but is a player who also can have minimal impact.
Of the three, structurally, DG is surplus to requirements.

I think you got confused, I am saying we won't lose Moore as a result of the Brodie deal. With Moore being the youngest of the 3 and having more upside I think he is more valuable than the other 2
I was confused, but ultimately I think the best bet is to gather together a lynch mob, just in case.

Disagree, DeGoey is a big occasion player & think all three Are necessary

I think he was saying Hypothetically IF we had to lose 1 of them that would be De Goey.

We all want all 3 to stay

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back