Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn’t a $1m pa player anymore. A great player and still valuable, however, every year on from here only gets more difficult. He scraped into AA. Does that mean every other player in that AA team is on $1m pa?
I think a club can only afford a very select few on $1m pa. Over the next 3-5 yrs, it’s probably Grundy and JDG with Moore potentially not far behind. Pendles will still be on very good money next year. Maybe the next band ($700kpa).

Pendles and his Family will be very well looked after his Retirement

He said it on his nightly radio program. Just for the record, I was tempted to ring in and dispute his call. The problem is that Pendles was AA this year and was a high Copeland finisher so his manager will be expecting a big contract.

You’d have been right to make that call it’s a ludicrous statement by Healy. At his absolute peak Pendles was justifiably a $1m player, but he’s no longer at that level as of 2019 let alone 2021. He remains quality of course and will until he retires ala Burgoyne, but like Burgoyne his 30’s (after this contract) will be about success not $’s especially when he’s not a Fyfe/ Cripps/ Grundy/ Cameron/ McGovern presence.

Cool. He’s nowhere near the standard of those five I mentioned or he wouldn’t have been squeezed out. I’m glad you agree I’m right.

I don’t agree at all and whilst I wasn’t a huge fan of his I’m mainly putting forward how highly rated he was internally.

For me if we’re using your standard (best 10 at club or best 3 by line) Langdon isn’t a first picked type either because our backline group in that capacity would consist of Moore, Maynard and one of Roughead or Crisp.

Last edited:
He isn’t a $1m pa player anymore. A great player and still valuable, however, every year on from here only gets more difficult. He scraped into AA. Does that mean every other player in that AA team is on $1m pa?
I think a club can only afford a very select few on $1m pa. Over the next 3-5 yrs, it’s probably Grundy and JDG with Moore potentially not far behind. Pendles will still be on very good money next year. Maybe the next band ($700kpa).

I'd agree. Would have thought he'd re-sign for something south of $700k. Likely only 1 year deals and potentially as low as $500k for 2021 and even less for 2022. If he decides to go on beyond 2020 it won't be for the money.

I'd agree. Would have thought he'd re-sign for something south of $700k. Likely only 1 year deals and potentially as low as $500k for 2021 and even less for 2022. If he decides to go on beyond 2020 it won't be for the money.

This. Would be the type to almost seek out what he needs to do to keep some of the younger guns around the club.

Grundy looked happy at training from the footage, Jordy has a new hairstyle, while Moore was unsighted. If his illness is serious and sidelines him for some time, it will affect his season. Jordy and Moore do need proper pre-seasons. Good to see Jordy there, while Grundy is ever the professional.

Grundy looked happy at training from the footage, Jordy has a new hairstyle, while Moore was unsighted. If his illness is serious and sidelines him for some time, it will affect his season. Jordy and Moore do need proper pre-seasons. Good to see Jordy there, while Grundy is ever the professional.
Moore might have the shits for all we know.

You may be jumping in a little bit prematurely with that one!!

Moore might have the shits for all we know.
What about? Is he not attending training because he is sulking? We need to know the truth. If he's sulking and wants out, another club will pick him up.

That will leave plenty in the kitty for the great Brodie Grundy and Jordy de Goey at least.

It is funny how the club does not come clean sometimes. It took them a while to admit to what was going on with Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about? Is he not attending training because he is sulking? We need to know the truth. If he's sulking and wants out, another club will pick him up.

That will leave plenty in the kitty for the great Brodie Grundy and Jordy de Goey at least.

It is funny how the club does not come clean sometimes. It took them a while to admit to what was going on with Beams.
I'm almost certain he's referring to "having the shits" in a different way to what you're thinking of!! If you read the post that he (and I) quoted you should understand!

I'm almost certain he's referring to "having the shits" in a different way to what you're thinking of!! If you read the post that he (and I) quoted you should understand!
Oh I see, well that does not bear thinking about. That is not a great image. Ha ha.

No, I meant the actual shits. Runny bottom etc...

Well it seems that Moore was back at training but Jordy is still on a limited schedule.

We need Brodie to sign immediately and get one to have put pen to paper.

This delay is a cause of concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back