Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

As an outsider this is what I see as most likely. Both De Goey and Moore tested the water with their last renewals so expect the same again. You might lose one, fully expect Grundy to stay. Beams might give you a way to keep them all depending on what happens with him. How long has Mayne got left on his contract?
I’m standing on the outside looking in...

I think Pendles will need to consider taking unders. While he is playing good footy, in terms of age, being captain, wanting to have the best chance winning another GF and probably already financially set, taking $500k may be the best opportunity we have in securing both Moore and JDG. If need be, Mayne may also need to finish up this year. Both can still earn $$ post footy at the club. Mayne may prove to be an excellent assistant coach. Has everything you want in one.

I think Pendles will need to consider taking unders. While he is playing good footy, in terms of age, being captain, wanting to have the best chance winning another GF and probably already financially set, taking $500k may be the best opportunity we have in securing both Moore and JDG. If need be, Mayne may also need to finish up this year. Both can still earn $$ post footy at the club. Mayne may prove to be an excellent assistant coach. Has everything you want in one.
Mayne is already preparing for life as a coach.

So if I am reading this correctly the Brodie Grundy contract is holding up everything else being done. Now people are worried that players like Jordan de Goey and Darcy Moore will sign with another club because they will not know if we can offer them what they want.

The thing the papers seem to be banging on about is that we will have trouble fitting them in because we seem to have not managed our cap properly.

Well the thing that annoys me is that I really wonder how the Tigers and the Eagles have managed to get all their stars in under the cap.

So if I am reading this correctly the Brodie Grundy contract is holding up everything else being done. Now people are worried that players like Jordan de Goey and Darcy Moore will sign with another club because they will not know if we can offer them what they want.

The thing the papers seem to be banging on about is that we will have trouble fitting them in because we seem to have not managed our cap properly.

Well the thing that annoys me is that I really wonder how the Tigers and the Eagles have managed to get all their stars in under the cap.

Maybe because they had Better List Managers but I seen nothing to show that the Media saying with how bad our Salary Cap Suppose to be

Grundy maybe happy to sign in his own time. After all he can technically keep us waiting until after this season. His contract expires in October.
He’ll sign when he signs.

If those roaches at Richmond can do it, then so can we. I'm pretty sure front/back ending contracts has come into it already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe Stevo and this season and next under contract. We will have to renew him after 2021. It's annoying that most clubs can keep their stars but we seem to have this incredibly tight squeeze in our cap.

Which of our "stars" have we lost?

We haven't necessarily lost any stars yet but this year would be the first year that we've had a group of players coming out of contract who might command huge money. My point was that Richmond and WC seem to be able to keep their players without a song and dance about it.

We haven't necessarily lost any stars yet but this year would be the first year that we've had a group of players coming out of contract who might command huge money. My point was that Richmond and WC seem to be able to keep their players without a song and dance about it.

That because West Coast is in Western Australia and the Richmond Media Mafia here in Vic make no Noise

The singing and dancing seems mostly confined to the media and these pages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back