Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Cost us Treloar and Stephenson so are we better team now?
We will probably never know, my thinking is we were always close to the cap, if over it the afl would have fined us.
Sometimes tuff decisions have to be made, and good players go.
Gws had there fire sale last year, we got ours this year

Last edited:
We will probably never know, my thinking is we were always close to the cap, if over it the afl would fined us.l

We should never allowed us to into this Situation

Maybe u are right, but who of our good players go, Moore Grundy, Degoey, who else would we have lost even earlier than now.

Cost us Treloar and Stephenson so are we better team now?
We could be better as everyone is on notice now, you want to payed, better start playing.

So who do we lose from the players u like,
Certainly there was players over payed, kept too long, but still when u get so close and keep the list together, and that was the problem, we got to close, it hid too much

Treloar and Stephenson are better players than Grundy so we’re definitely worse off
Really? LMFAO

to requote another posters POST :

Adam Treloar - The leadership group suggested he be the one moved to save us cap, they are frustrated as his lack of defensiveness and can't see us winning a premiership with someone who only front runs and while he has pace to breakaway his foot skills don't do enough damage to be a purely offensive player. They also refuse to believe he can cope being in Melbourne with his partner in Queensland, he did not request 2-3 days a week to go up there what so ever that is a rumour. But he has been known to not go to training and stay home if his partner was sick or had the sniffles, based on this they can't see how he can cope with being in another state from his partner and child. Is owed 900k in 2021 due to back payments of performance incentives / renegotiation. It is not 900k for the life of the contract, it goes back to 600k for 2022 and then builds back up to 750-800k by the final year. The deal of us paying 300k is to cover that first year, it is not for the life of the contract. Apparently Bucks didn't tell him the leadership group wanted him out, but someone let it slip and he found out through the media and that was the point he realized he can't stay.

Jayden Stephenson - Is a headcase, loves himself and thinks he's made it already. His contract is 600k after he renegotiated after wining the rising star. Collingwood are sick of having to monitor a professional athlete in the gym, he is known to not stick to his dedicated plan to the point of Collingwood basically now having a full time babysitter with him ensuring he does the full gym session. He is known as FIGJAM for a reason and isn't the most loved player at the club. Collingwood are trying to move him for an asset as while he has talent, they don't believe he will ever reach his ceiling with his work ethic and attitude. He wants to stay and believes he can turn it around, we will only take something valuable for him otherwise take the risk on him growing up from the realisation we don't think of highly of him as he does himself.

Last edited:
We will probably never know, my thinking is we were always close to the cap, if over it the afl would have fined us.

Unlike GWS we dont have 50 thousand 1st rounders sitting in our 2s team and they also got a lot better compensation on most their trades.

Unlike GWS we dont have 50 thousand 1st rounders sitting in our 2s team and they also got a lot better compensation on most their trades.
On most occasions yep agree, but they have done some fire sales as well

Treloar and Stephenson are better players than Grundy so we’re definitely worse off
No they are not. Otherwise Grundy would have been the one to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the point though is it? The point is we've traded 4 players for a pick, as Dave says we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

What makes it worse is the club is attempting to sell a hail mary to us like we're zombified sheep, 'we're improving the list through the draft'.

Yeah nah that sh1t don't fly.

Not the point though is it? The point is we've traded 4 players for a pick, as Dave says we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

What makes it worse is the club is attempting to sell a hail mary to us like we're zombified sheep, 'we're improving the list through the draft'.

Yeah nah that sh1t don't fly.
So what it is what it is
To late now, if u want to carry on about what the club say fine, just don’t preach to me about it.
Atu went for game time, was never going to get much for him.
I already said my peace about what we got, now l am moving on.
We still have a good team and that’s where my focus is.
If u want to rage against the club, then do something about it, run for the board even, microwave your membership card.
Been there done that, doesn’t work sorry

So what it is what it is
To late now, if u want to carry on about what the club say fine, just don’t preach to me about it.
Atu went for game time, was never going to get much for him.
I already said my peace about what we got, now l am moving on.
We still have a good team and that’s where my focus is.
If u want to rage against the club, then do something about it, run for the board even, microwave your membership card.
Been there done that, doesn’t work sorry

If you want to ignore the sh1tfight that's up to you but don't go on some deflection BS to other posters to accommodate the hole in the sand where you wanna stick your head.

Two way street mate.

If you want to ignore the sh1tfight that's up to you but don't go on some deflection BS to other posters to accommodate the hole in the sand where you wanna stick your head.

Two way street mate.
As l said, l have already made my point clear about it, in another thread.
There is no head in the sand about this, but a reality that there is nothing that l can do to change it, so go puff smoke somewhere else.
If you want to be an adult and talk properly and discuss fine, but if it’s like a spoiled child, take it somewhere else.
As for shitfight, did not now we were at war. Deflection, haaa.

As l said, l have already made my point clear about it, in another thread.
There is no head in the sand about this, but a reality that there is nothing that l can do to change it, so go puff smoke somewhere else.
If you want to be an adult and talk properly and discuss fine, but if it’s like a spoiled child, take it somewhere else.
As for shitfight, did not now we were at war. Deflection, haaa.

Talk about a hyperbolic reply!

loki04 correctly stated GWS's position and then you come out with 'they've done their fire sale as well' like our position is the same as theirs when it is clearly not.

That is the definition of p155ing in someone's pocket, I point that out and then you get on the defensive claiming child like behaviour.

Clearly you want to one way a two way street. So yeah you admit there's 'nothing I can do about it' but in the same breath claim I shouldn't point out the sh*thouse position the club is in like you don't want to acknowledge it.

Couldn't bullsh*t you way out of a wet paper bag mate. We're done here.

[
Talk about a hyperbolic reply!

loki04 correctly stated GWS's position and then you come out with 'they've done their fire sale as well' like our position is the same as theirs when it is clearly not.

That is the definition of p155ing in someone's pocket, I point that out and then you get on the defensive claiming child like behaviour.

Clearly you want to one way a two way street. So yeah you admit there's 'nothing I can do about it' but in the same breath claim I shouldn't point out the sh*thouse position the club is in like you don't want to acknowledge it.

Couldn't bullsh*t you way out of a wet paper bag mate. We're done here.
Haaa, just because l am not a shitty still as you at the club, don’t take it out me. Like a child.
And yes gws has done cap fire sales and that’s a fact. So stop crying.
Bullshit mate, your full of it.
I have already stated what l think of the situation on another thread, but unlike you l have moved on.
Just because l haven’t stated to u personally, does mean l have not gone the club line.
Read your first reply again, if l wrote that to u you would get shitty too.
As l said l will communicate with anyone properly, as long as they are civil.
You are the one that said the club needs to be hard nose, well they just did.
Get over it.
It a sport, a well payed sport.
There are many more important issues at the moment than who left the club, why they left, and what we got for them.
I heard that there’s a thing called Covid, apparently people have died.
Want a tissue

The length of Grundys contract is not relavant to Collingwood trade situation It could have been a four year contract and the 2020 TPP wuld be identical. Whether 7 years is worth it is a consideration for 5 years down the track
I daresay if it was a 4 year contract, the tpp would be higher. A long contract from us would have liekly resulted in a lower per year amount.

[

Haaa, just because l am not a shitty still as you at the club, don’t take it out me. Like a child.
And yes gws has done cap fire sales and that’s a fact. So stop crying.
Bullshit mate, your full of it.
I have already stated what l think of the situation on another thread, but unlike you l have moved on.
Just because l haven’t stated to u personally, does mean l have not gone the club line.
Read your first reply again, if l wrote that to u you would get shitty too.
As l said l will communicate with anyone properly, as long as they are civil.
You are the one that said the club needs to be hard nose, well they just did.
Get over it.
It a sport, a well payed sport.
There are many more important issues at the moment than who left the club, why they left, and what we got for them.
I heard that there’s a thing called Covid, apparently people have died.
Want a tissue

Talk about missing the point (whether by deliberation or just plain stupidity).

You claim GWS had a fire sale 'as well' like it's the same situation. I pointed out it's not.

Then you carry on deflecting again claiming that I'm sooking and sh*tty at the club, I couldn't give a flying what you think my position is on the club. All I'm saying is don't p1ss in peoples pocket and tell em it's raining. It's not consistent.

Talk about missing the point (whether by deliberation or just plain stupidity).

You claim GWS had a fire sale 'as well' like it's the same situation. I pointed out it's not.

Then you carry on deflecting again claiming that I'm sooking and sh*tty at the club, I couldn't give a flying what you think my position is on the club. All I'm saying is don't p1ss in peoples pocket and tell em it's raining. It's not consistent.
U just cannot handle a different opion at this stage l am consistent u just want to see it your way only
U are angry
Take some time away and have a think
Every one that posts with a different opinion than your self u are going off at them and that’s a fact
Calling another poster plain stupid does not help u argument at all
Goodbye

Really? LMFAO

Adam Treloar - The leadership group suggested he be the one moved to save us cap, they are frustrated as his lack of defensiveness and can't see us winning a premiership with someone who only front runs and while he has pace to breakaway his foot skills don't do enough damage to be a purely offensive player. They also refuse to believe he can cope being in Melbourne with his partner in Queensland, he did not request 2-3 days a week to go up there what so ever that is a rumour. But he has been known to not go to training and stay home if his partner was sick or had the sniffles, based on this they can't see how he can cope with being in another state from his partner and child. Is owed 900k in 2021 due to back payments of performance incentives / renegotiation. It is not 900k for the life of the contract, it goes back to 600k for 2022 and then builds back up to 750-800k by the final year. The deal of us paying 300k is to cover that first year, it is not for the life of the contract. Apparently Bucks didn't tell him the leadership group wanted him out, but someone let it slip and he found out through the media and that was the point he realized he can't stay.

Jayden Stephenson - Is a headcase, loves himself and thinks he's made it already. His contract is 600k after he renegotiated after wining the rising star. Collingwood are sick of having to monitor a professional athlete in the gym, he is known to not stick to his dedicated plan to the point of Collingwood basically now having a full time babysitter with him ensuring he does the full gym session. He is known as FIGJAM for a reason and isn't the most loved player at the club. Collingwood are trying to move him for an asset as while he has talent, they don't believe he will ever reach his ceiling with his work ethic and attitude. He wants to stay and believes he can turn it around, we will only take something valuable for him otherwise take the risk on him growing up from the realisation we don't think of highly of him as he does himself.

Sorry, but who posted this initially and did he/she/they have some insider information?

Really? LMFAO

If all this is true, and that's a big if.....all of this should've been avoided before becoming the issue it has now by not recruiting them. These aren't traits that just pop up and clubs would or should be doing their due dilligence to look at things like work ethic whether it be a 17-18 year old draftee or 24+ year old who's been in the system for some time.

This still is a footy department issue and let's not even start with he who shall remain nameless and the decisions to get him back in to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back