Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Darcy gets there for the clubs sake I do feel with him he likes to be niggle free when he plays, at this time of year most players would be feeling a bit banged up

Pretty sure he was referring to Grundy directing taps down Dogs players throats when vs a skinny kid.

Well he done that all year then so I guess Grundy is the Most Overrated player in the AFL then :rolleyes:

Think it's more the fault of our mids lack of contested clearance ability

It's both as well as structures etc.

Whilst there are times where he cant control to well where it goes (due to oppo ruck physically impacting or dead ball "win" both rucks get hands on it) when he gets clean wins he can 100% and directing them down to opposition he does far too often.

Don’t see why we can’t.

FWDS: De Goey
MIDS: Grundy
BACKS: Moore
FOLLOWERS: Grundy

Handy team there. If we have a spare $100K or so we could even squeeze in a rookie to sub on if anyone needs a toilet break.

Degoeys getting there (certainly a young star) but until he builds his tank he wont be consistently elite over a full game, atm he has bursts of elite in games. He's not the finished product yet.

Moore up till rnd 11 was also a "star" but after his injury has tailed off/hasnt been right. I would also put Darcy in the young star column.
In Moore's full game before the WC hammy sustained early, he had 21 touches and according to the stats was our second best player. He earned votes in The Age. He wasn't intercepting as well as earlier in the season, but we had Langers and Howe out and the opposition was dragging him deeper.

No way we trade him and pay part of his salary that’s laughable
Agree with that, but he's not on a king's ransom, that I know so we wouldn't need to. At this stage we're talking about Dogs who want to poach him and offer bigger dollars so they wouldn't be demanding that we pay his salary. In essence, for next year we would struggle to get someone as good as him in as a KPD on a similar salary.

No way we trade him and pay part of his salary that’s laughable
What other option do we have? The dude will continue to miss large parts of seasons, I've lost count how many times he's left us a man down, no team is going to pay him what we're paying him so I reckon the best we could do is trade him for an early second or so and pay 30% of his salary.

I realise this isn't how our clubs works, but we simply cannot afford to continue like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What other option do we have? The dude will continue to miss large parts of seasons, I've lost count how many times he's left us a man down, no team is going to pay him what we're paying him so I reckon the best we could do is trade him for an early second or so and pay 30% of his salary.

I realise this isn't how our clubs works, but we simply cannot afford to continue like this.

He plays out his contract , hopefully gets his body right would do this before paying a percentage somewhere else. It’s seriously ridiculous to think we would imo

Moore is the one you could afford to lose, and if it got you Cameron you'd be way ahead, can always find another defender

De Goey is the 1 of the 3 we could Cover out of the 3

De Goey is the 1 of the 3 we could Cover out of the 3

No, there is no one on his level at the club, play him forward and he'll kick goals, send him into the midfield and he turns games. We made a GF without Moore, he plays most of the year and we limp into 8th...

Then there's Grundy, everyone says a good ruckman is important. Yet you look at the 2 AA ruckmen, Melbourne is languishing at the bottom part of the ladder, Collingwood is going to scrape into 8th spot. WC lost their no1 ruckman last year and won the flag, this year he's gone again and they are still flying high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford all of De Goey, Grundy, and Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back